Article worth reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Any article starting with a diatribe quoting 15,000 immortals that unfortunately decided to become mortals through smoking is suspicious. This author is craftier in the sense that he referred to "early" deaths, yet his figure still has no value out of context (total, "timely" number of deaths, plus average lifespan differences).

Reactions: DrMA

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Sure, I quit cold turkey... for 3 months. Then I started smoking again because I couldn't stand the suffering for even one more minute -- THAT is why e-cigarettes work better than "cold turkey," they give you a replacement, so that when the cravings strike, you have something you can do about them. also WTA -- when even chainvaping the highest nic level you can tolerate isn't getting it done, WTA can and will for a great many people. WTA is not available for anything EXCEPT vaping -- if BP came out with a WTA NRT, their successful-quit stats would go up IMMEDIATELY. Which goes to show you that Bp doesn't actually want anyone to quit, because if you quit, you won't need anymore of their NRT snakeoil, and may not ever need their cancer drugs.

Screw 'em all. I'll stick to vaping.

Andria

Reactions: nicnik

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Those clowns are acolytes of the infamous Australian antismoker extremist Simon Chapman. For a while now Chimpman has been crusading to have all forms of nicotine banned, including NRT, such that depraved filthy smokers suffer the maximum amount of pain while they repeatedly fail to quit smoking cold-turkey. He's also responsible for the heinous orwellian idea of requiring smokers to sign-up and pay for smoking permits to be able to purchase cigarettes, permits which are controlled by the State and contain an inherent ratcheting down of the amount you can buy. That whole Australian group is a tyrannical cabal of parasitic ANTZ wasps hellbent on inflicting the maximum amount of pain, insult, and misery to smokers.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Those clowns are acolytes of the infamous Australian antismoker extremist Simon Chapman. For a while now Chimpman has been crusading to have all forms of nicotine banned, including NRT, such that depraved filthy smokers suffer the maximum amount of pain while they repeatedly fail to quit smoking cold-turkey. He's also responsible for the heinous orwellian idea of requiring smokers to sign-up and pay for smoking permits to be able to purchase cigarettes, permits which are controlled by the State and contain an inherent ratcheting down of the amount you can buy. That whole Australian group is a tyrannical cabal of parasitic ANTZ wasps hellbent on inflicting the maximum amount of pain, insult, and misery to smokers.

They probably don't realize that some folks probably keep smoking just to piss them off! Because I haven't smoked in over 9 months, but reading your post makes me want to start again just so I can blow some smoke in his face! What an utter leech -- blood-sucking parasite! -- on society.

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
They probably don't realize that some folks probably keep smoking just to piss them off! Because I haven't smoked in over 9 months, but reading your post makes me want to start again just so I can blow some smoke in his face! What an utter leech -- blood-sucking parasite! -- on society.

Andria

Problem is that every time you buy cigarettes, a significant percent of that money is going into their pockets (yes, they are parasitizing on the body that feeds them, i.e. BT). So the best thing is to not buy cigarettes (at least not through the ANTZ feeding channels).

Guess why they're mad at vaping......

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Problem is that every time you buy cigarettes, a significant percent of that money is going into their pockets (yes, they are parasitizing on the body that feeds them, i.e. BT). So the best thing is to not buy cigarettes (at least not through the ANTZ feeding channels).

Guess why they're mad at vaping......

That's one reason why I kept my last open pk in a ziplock in the freezer -- so that if I ever did get beset by those godawful cravings again, I don't have to buy them. Because at this point, after vaping only sweet stuff for about 8 months, I'm pretty sure that one cigarette would be hideous enough to prevent me smoking any more of them! :D

For that Chapman and his parasitical ilk, I'd much rather set some old tires on fire and rig a big fan to blow it directly at them. While they're incarcerated for their Crimes Against Humanity and so can't get away from it.

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I have a nearly full carton. At some point I was pondering throwing them away but then I went WTH I already paid for them why pay twice if I ever need any.... Proved useful, a friend came visiting and she ran out of smokes, what a relief when I produced a full, sealed pack....

As for the tires, I think we should rather consider placing them in void, floating somewhere in interstellar space. According to their own "no safe threshold for toxic substances" theory, they shouldn't come in contact with anything.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have a nearly full carton. At some point I was pondering throwing them away but then I went WTH I already paid for them why pay twice if I ever need any.... Proved useful, a friend came visiting and she ran out of smokes, what a relief when I produced a full, sealed pack....

As for the tires, I think we should rather consider placing them in void, floating somewhere in interstellar space. According to their own "no safe threshold for toxic substances" theory, they shouldn't come in contact with anything.

I like that idea a lot, but then I've been in favor of kicking idiots off the planet for quite a while. :D

Andria

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
To back up their claim that unassisted/cold turkey is the most successful smoking cessation method, they link to three papers (two of them Simon Chapman) that say, as you might have guessed, most former smokers quit that way. Duh. That's their proof.

When they say "unassisted", it seems clear they are not including support groups, psycotherapy, family encouragement, etc. as assistence, just pharmaceuticals, smokelss tobacco, vaping etc. So you can bet the percentage of unassisted/cold turkey has gone from nearly 100% a few decades ago, down and down and down ever since. Now, with vaping and snus as options, it's ready to drop very quickly.

What a bogus, dishonest article. One of the papers linked to calls for doctors to discourage other methods of cessation, and to tell their patients this lie. And it is a lie. Make no mistake about it. A dangerous lie.

Mossy

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2013
Sydney Australia
I posted this article because it is the first time I have seen the ANTZ people admit that BP has not been truthful when doing surveys on quitting with patches etc.................. they even state there are conflicts of interest in their ranks:facepalm:...........I thought that was more of an eye opener than any of the other typical rubbish!........... the comments section is being well used.:)

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I posted this article because it is the first time I have seen the ANTZ people admit that BP has not been truthful when doing surveys on quitting with patches etc.................. they even state there are conflicts of interest in their ranks:facepalm:...........I thought that was more of an eye opener than any of the other typical rubbish!........... the comments section is being well used.:)
Yes, there was some good info presented to support their nasty agenda. I'm glad you posted it. Important to see the how tangled their web of lies gets.

Reactions: Mossy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread