New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
I use the "copy recipe" function a fair amount and none of the copy options are real good and convenient. The "plain text" for me is the only useable option, but it doesn't copy the greatest either

How do you do this?
I have the latest version, 5.0.0.7, and copy recipe (under edit) just creates a new one in the database, it doesn't give me an option to 'copy to plain text'
This would be a useful function to share recipes. I have been typing them into Word or text editor.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
How do you do this?
I have the latest version, 5.0.0.7, and copy recipe (under edit) just creates a new one in the database, it doesn't give me an option to 'copy to plain text'
This would be a useful function to share recipes. I have been typing them into Word or text editor.

Sharing recipes is what I use it for mostly. It's very simple but not intuitive. Just right click above the Nicotine line in the recipe and the menu drop down will appear.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
How do you do this?
Right click on the recipe window. When the context menu opens you will see several options for copying to the clipboard in different formats.

Reactions: capthook

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Hotrod, I have commented numerous times that this is a great program. I can't imagine using any of the others. That said, I have a minor suggestion. I use the "copy recipe" function a fair amount and none of the copy options are real good and convenient. The "plain text" for me is the only useable option, but it doesn't copy the greatest either. I just copied a recipes and will paste it below so you can see what I mean. If this could be less busy and better formatted it would be great. A tweak at best. Thanks again.

MAX-Caramel Coconut Coffee
Nicotine Strength 12.00 mg
PG Level 45.00%
VG Level 55.00%
Amount to make 120.000 ml
Ingredient, Ing %, Drops, Weight, Volume
*Nicotine 100 VT VG, 12.00%, 504.0, 18.144 g, 14.400 ml
PG, 37.00%, 1509.6, 45.998 g, 44.400 ml
VG, 43.00%, 1548.0, 64.448 g, 51.600 ml
*FA Maxx-Blend, 4.00%, 182.4, 5.280 g, 4.800 ml
*FA Expresso, 2.00%, 86.4, 2.515 g, 2.400 ml
*FA Coconut, 2.00%, 91.2, 2.503 g, 2.400 ml
4-10-2015 Amazing flavor. I would never have guessed it could be this good.
I am open for suggestions on a format for "plain text". When plain text is placed into the clipboard the resulting paste of the text depends on what you are pasting the text into. I have received several PM's related to this. Some folks want the fields comma delimited and others don't. When copying plain text the only formatting of the copied text that can be depended on is the new-lines and the number of spaces placed between the various fields. Send me a PM if you have any ideas on a format to use when copying plain text to the clipboard.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Just downloaded this calculator the other day. Gotta say it is very well designed. I love the printing label feature. I've read back on this thread about 5 pages and agree on a few improvements that would take this program over the top.
1) With my wife me and our son using it and sharing the same ingredients it makes having separate databases impractical and recipes become cumbersome to find. A folder structure in the drop down would fix this issue.
2) If it is possible to have the recipes in the drop down box font set to green if all ingredients are available and red if anything is out of stock would really be super.
3) A new box adjacent to flavor remove box that shows the current stock level for that flavor.

Till now I've been using ejuicemeup and been very happy with it. However after using this program I imported all my recipes and deleted it. With the changes mentioned above I'll donate $20.00 no problem. Keep up the good work. Look forward to future revisions.
I have completed the suggestions for #2 and #3, I hope to post a new version within the next couple of days. The first suggestion is not as easy. I am still doing some thinking on how to tackle it.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I have completed the suggestions for #2 and #3, I hope to post a new version within the next couple of days. The first suggestion is not as easy. I am still doing some thinking on how to tackle it.

Is it possible to do the same thing you did with Ingredients and Category Name?

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 5.0.0.8 is available for download. If you are using the inventory features of the calculator I think that you will like the feature described in #6 below.
  1. Ability to import juice Grinder files.
  2. Fixed an issue importing EJC V14.7 files.
  3. Added support for importing weight values from EJC V15.1 files.
  4. Allow the "Print labels advanced" window to remain open while working with the calculator.
  5. Added an inventory amount column, labeled "Inv" on the recipe window.
  6. Added a new option (Tools->Options) on the "Ingredient defaults" tab called "Display Inventory Amounts". When checked the inventory amount column will be displayed on the recipe window and recipes in the dropdown list will be shown in RED if there is not enough inventory to mix the recipe.
Note: I am still investigating a solution for categorizing recipes. That is going to take some trial an error and I am going to be vacationing for the next 8 days so it will be a while before I will be able to deliver something.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Version 5.0.0.8 is available for download. If you are using the inventory features of the calculator I think that you will like the feature described in #6 below.
  1. Ability to import juice Grinder files.
  2. Fixed an issue importing EJC V14.7 files.
  3. Added support for importing weight values from EJC V15.1 files.
  4. Allow the "Print labels advanced" window to remain open while working with the calculator.
  5. Added an inventory amount column, labeled "Inv" on the recipe window.
  6. Added a new option (Tools->Options) on the "Ingredient defaults" tab called "Display Inventory Amounts". When checked the inventory amount column will be displayed on the recipe window and recipes in the dropdown list will be shown in RED if there is not enough inventory to mix the recipe.
Note: I am still investigating a solution for categorizing recipes. That is going to take some trial an error and I am going to be vacationing for the next 8 days so it will be a while before I will be able to deliver something.

Thanks for the update I will be keeping an eye out for the categorized version. My recipes are such a mess :) You've done such a wonderful job with this program so far so I am sure you will come up with a logical solution for us all.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Excellent new features! To anyone wanting a method of organizing your recipes here are some suggestions:

Rename recipes and put a number or letter and a space in front of the name to categorize them. Examples: Fruits get "F somename", Custards "C somename", etc.
You can also take that one step further and put them in the order you want to mix by using zero's in front (puts them at the top of the list). I have recipes set for my next mixing session with one zero, second session has two zeros. When combined with the lettering scheme, I get similar type recipes together. This will save time when you need the same ingredient for more than one recipe.

Maybe this will help someone while folders or recipe categories are being programmed.

ellejewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
Fl.
Excellent new features! To anyone wanting a method of organizing your recipes here are some suggestions:

Rename recipes and put a number or letter and a space in front of the name to categorize them. Examples: Fruits get "F somename", Custards "C somename", etc.
You can also take that one step further and put them in the order you want to mix by using zero's in front (puts them at the top of the list). I have recipes set for my next mixing session with one zero, second session has two zeros. When combined with the lettering scheme, I get similar type recipes together. This will save time when you need the same ingredient for more than one recipe.

Maybe this will help someone while folders or recipe categories are being programmed.

I tried this but it just got too confusing for me. I like things in alphabetical order and the different letters and numbers throw me off. The best I have been able to do is put an astrik in from of the names of the recipes i am currently using. It keeps them in alphabetical order and at the top!

On a side note- I know there is a note section on recipes, but is there an option for notes about individual flavors? I write down flavor profiles for all the flavors I have and by each company as it helps me decide what flavor I want to use in a recipe.

xrayjm

Apr 30, 2015
On a side note- I know there is a note section on recipes, but is there an option for notes about individual flavors? I write down flavor profiles for all the flavors I have and by each company as it helps me decide what flavor I want to use in a recipe.

Manage ingredients has a notes box where I put my flavor specific notes.

Reactions: ellejewell
Absolutely fabulous !! Two of three wishes granted in a couple of days !! I paypal'd you the 20 bucks. Worth every cent. I look forward to future revisions. Enjoy your vacation

Reactions: capthook

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 6 is available for download. Changes include:
  1. Ability to assign a category to a recipe and filter your list of recipes by category.
  2. Added another copy to clipboard option (right click the recipe window) for plain text.
At the top of the window is a "Recipe categories" dropdown. When you first install this version the only option available is "All". When you provide a category value for your recipe(s), the new categories provided will be added to the dropdown. Selecting a category will filter the list of recipes showing only the recipes that have the selected category value.

This is my first attempt at providing a way to categorize and filter recipes. Your feedback is welcome.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I have categorized all of my recipes and performed several copy functions. I really like the plain text (basic recipe). It will work great for posting recipes without all the extra columns.

I thought you were supposed to be on vacation? Amazed at the super fast turnaround, but really would have seen you enjoy your time off instead of working on this. I am in IT, too, so I know how precious that time off is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread