Status
Not open for further replies.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Hopefully not everyone will just send them to you. If those are all zip forget it:cry: me and zip files do not play well together.:eek:

Hi Dixie,

I've used the most friendly format for zipping and as of now only Bill or myself can edit or upload to the DropBox, so no worries..

If you're having any issues with any of the files in the DropBox please let me know and I'll be sure to assist any way possible...

Any edits or additions can be either posted here in the forum, or anyone may PM me and I can send you my email address...

:toast:

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Here's another one I mixed up today which turned out pretty good even on first vape. I'm calling it Choco-Hazel Torte. The edible recipe called for a fair amount of orange liquor which I figured could be added in in the form of orange and vanilla bourbon.

9% Double Chocolate
5% Hazelnut
4% Waffle
4% Whipped Cream
2% Vanilla Bourbon
2% EM
2% Orange
1% Butter

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Hmm confused again because that Banana Nut Bread has only 14% flavorings. Am I missing something with this one? BBmom you have made it like I listed it?

Yep, I do like it, a lot, reminds me of a juice called Mandingo by Ruthless, not 1:1 clone but close enough. I mix at lower %'s, low and slow, but eh maybe not so slow after a warm water bath, shake, set for a day. I added the caramel candy to original recipe for my tastes, I might have a coconut candy version too somewhere in notes....30pg/70vg, 3nic, in kfl+ clone or Lemo drop, tootle puffer all the way, every day! Future renditions I may add very small amt of az.p., or cinnamon...like to play around with flavors....let me know if you like once try it, you might, you might not, you might even have ideas to improve it too

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Yep, I do like it, a lot, reminds me of a juice called Mandingo by Ruthless, not 1:1 clone but close enough. I mix at lower %'s, low and slow, but eh maybe not so slow after a warm water bath, shake, set for a day. I added the caramel candy to original recipe for my tastes, I might have a coconut candy version too somewhere in notes....30pg/70vg, 3nic, in kfl+ clone or Lemo drop, tootle puffer all the way, every day! Future renditions I may add very small amt of az.p., or cinnamon...like to play around with flavors....let me know if you like once try it, you might, you might not, you might even have ideas to improve it too
UGGHHH...I was sure something was wrong. I had it in my head that the flavorings should be 25-30% in order to not have to steep. I tried it and was not thrilled. So (shame shame shame) I doubled all flavors except sweetener. UGGGHHHH. I was sitting at the table with all the mess around me and wanted to be done. I was tired and should not have tackled it tired BUT I liked it better once I had doubled everything. I am sure I threw all my percentages off after I did this. I also (stupidly) set out to make 30mls (15 for self, 15 for daughter who has been nagging me to do this DIY)
we were totally winging it.
I felt like I was uber prepared. Made notes of recipes, printed them, made a paper folder to keep on table, did the ejuice me up calculator...etc got down to the wire and uh oh why does this recipe we are making not have enough flavor?
Live and learn eh?

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Yes, lots of live and learn in diy....I used to be like slots and mix a bunch one day and let age/cure/steep, ran out of juice and had to mix and vape, was surprised the 13-20% mixes vape well enough in 1 day after warm bath and nice shake....for me(i stress this statement), I do tend to do things a little different, sometimes out of necessity. My ways don't work for everyone, I'll be the first to admit it, but work for me well enough....good luck, and yeah, mixing when tired/distracted....ughhh, been there, done that too, even having things prepped and organized prior....if my brain Isn't firing on all cylinders....oh dear...

It also might be a recipe you won't like either....I have many I like and others don't....still wishing you luck with your diy:)

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Me too, I just know for the average user Winzip is perhaps easier....

I've always relied on it as it supports so many formats, and it's FREE! :thumb:
Yessir! Also being an IT guy (High tech redneck if you must know ;) ) I've got my preferred set of tools in my toolbox and that's definitely in there.

Reactions: ItTechy

Sobek

Jun 20, 2013
SE, PA,
Hoping someone can help me with a question, regarding mixing. I've read Bill's posts regarding stirring his mixes, and last night I watched the video that was posted with PB and Goodlife Vapor, and using blenders. I haven't been at this this very long but it all make sense mixing everything together. One of the other things I've read talks about hot water baths, for steeping. It seems to me from what I've read you wait for the bubbles and micros to dissipate and your basically ready to go. One of the things that I've been doing is preheating the 70% VG I've been adding to my mixes to approximately 90-100f degrees prior to adding it my flavor mixture. I'm not certain but it seems as though it lowers the viscosity of the VG, when I shake, stir & mix it all together it seems as though there aren't any bubbles at all, just clear liquid. I recently filled a 30ml bottle 1/3+ of crushed menthol crystals like this then added PG and they seemed to instantly dissolve into a clear liquid. If there are bubbles they seem to sit right on top of the mixture. I haven't tried this in a blender, but I'd guess that'd add bubbles for sure, I'm wondering if they would dissipate faster but the most I plan to mix at once would be 120MLs, so I can't see using a blender for such a small amount.

One of the questions I had, is could I be degrading the flavoring/VG or wouldn't it be essentially the same as keeping a bottle of juice in your pocket which would bring it up to body temperature 90-100f? So far everything seems to taste & vape fine.........

Reactions: Slots

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
[QUOTE="Sobek, post: 15730111, member:]

One of the questions I had, is could I be degrading the flavoring/VG or wouldn't it be essentially the same as keeping a bottle of juice in your pocket which would bring it up to body temperature 90-100f? So far everything seems to taste & vape fine.........[/QUOTE]

Well I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Your method seems to be working for you so I wouldn't worry too much about what other's are doing. But then I am no expert. All I can say is what I myself do. I mix the flavours in a graduated cylinder since I'm too lazy to take off the drippers from the bottles so I just drip them in. Then in a beaker I mix my nic base with any VG and/or PG I want to add and top it with the flavour. I use a milk frother to beat it all up till it's all froth and basically twice its original volume. I cover that with paper towel and let it settle down. Then when I am ready to bottle, I give it 5 seconds or less in the microwave (depending on volume) and bottle it. I do this heating bit because otherwise it either takes a long time to completely transfer to the bottle or else I lose patience and leave a lot of juice behind in the beaker. Heating it slightly make is less viscous but I don't think it adds or diminishes anything from the finished product.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Remember:

Be sure brain in engaged before putting any body parts in gear!

A community service reminder from the society to prevent the *****ic Plague.

Ya' know this isn't the first time ECF has censored a post of mine, be it automatic....but when you cannot post a certain word that the definition is "a very stupid or foolish person"*, understandably is is also considered usually offensive : a person affected with mild mental ......ation*, however the word is rarely ever used in that connotation!

It's a bit much......IMHO!

We all hear and see a lot worse on over the air network television!

* Source: Merriam Webster Dictionary

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Yes there are times I question policies and procedures here as well but I keep remembering all the forums I ran or helped run over the years and one I still do and I have to defer to the powers that be. Some folks have called me all sorts of names because I run a tight ship but I always reminded them that it was my house. Even my most basic rule which always is "be nice or be gone" causes massive confusion among the masses...LOL

It's only right that I give the owner and mods here the same courtesy that I expected when I ran the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread