Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
^^then why not just keep a higher nicotine juice? say an 18mg that's what I'd hit when the craving hit because

(my take on it is) you're wanting that blast to the brain of nicotine when it's (and other stuff, going "layman" here) and you're just NEVER going to get that with a vape. But what you can have is a personal commitment to NOT smoke and when craving hit one with a higher mg of nicotine juice.

I don't know how you choked down a cigarette after not smoking for a year..wasn't it just horrible?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
So today I bought a pack of cigarettes . I havent smoked in a long time and i feel like vaping has turned me into a complete nicotine addict and this is why I bough the pack , I wanted to test myself since I know how much I use to smoke . Ever since I started vaping I have been increasing strenght and quantity of juice per day and I vape a lot , some days , I would vape between 10 - 15 ML of 6mg juice and absorb another ML though my skin while building . I smoked my first cigarette in almost a year and I finished it and guess what after that I wanted another one but I didnt take it .

Well before I started vaping I was smoking one cig every 2-3 hours and now I want way more . I am honestly considering quiting vaping and smoking all together , maybe 1 cig day , that would be it . Or maybe I should switch to non rebuiuldable tanks and stop making my own juice because I honestly feel like DYI and rebuildables is what made me vape more , trying different build on different attomizers , trying my new DYI e-liquids , trying other e-liquids that I bought , trying this , trying that , and at the end of the day 20ML of juice gone .

What would you recommend me ?

How long have you been making your own juice?

I know that when I started DIY my consumption went way up for a while. I also had quite a lot of premixed juice sitting around. And around the same time I added a Lemo to my large collection of PT2's. A whole bunch of flavors to try, and lots of tanks loaded and ready to go. What you said reminded me of that period.

I'm guessing it took a month to get over that and back to my regular rate of consumption. I mostly didn't make a conscious effort to slow back down, it just happened.

One thing I did do was make some different nic level juice. I mostly used 12mg, but I made some 15 and 18 and 6. Try making some stronger juice. My experience was that I had to slow down when I did that.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
So today I bought a pack of cigarettes . I havent smoked in a long time and i feel like vaping has turned me into a complete nicotine addict and this is why I bough the pack , I wanted to test myself since I know how much I use to smoke . Ever since I started vaping I have been increasing strenght and quantity of juice per day and I vape a lot , some days , I would vape between 10 - 15 ML of 6mg juice and absorb another ML though my skin while building . I smoked my first cigarette in almost a year and I finished it and guess what after that I wanted another one but I didnt take it .

Well before I started vaping I was smoking one cig every 2-3 hours and now I want way more . I am honestly considering quiting vaping and smoking all together , maybe 1 cig day , that would be it . Or maybe I should switch to non rebuiuldable tanks and stop making my own juice because I honestly feel like DYI and rebuildables is what made me vape more , trying different build on different attomizers , trying my new DYI e-liquids , trying other e-liquids that I bought , trying this , trying that , and at the end of the day 20ML of juice gone .

I would say to look into some of the NET type ejuices. I guess I'm fortunate that vaping "regular" ejuice has been enough for me- 12% nic juice and using maybe 5-6ml/day. But I can say when I first started vaping, the desire to smoke was not fully curbed by vaping, regardless of how much nic was being consumed. It's for that reason I believe there are other compounds contained in tobacco that have an addictive quality to them, and by using NET juice you might find you can use less and maybe eventually taper back down to regular ejuice. Just a thought. But whatever you do, please try your best to not smoke.

Good luck.

Edward Aiz

Apr 14, 2015
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I hate to suggest this, but why don't you go up to 24 mg nicotine then slowly go back down because apparently your body is craving nicotine and your mind likes the cigarette feel (that is, of a real cigarette).

If you raise the nicotine level you won't have the desire to "drink" the e liquid (that is, on a serious note). Possibly you like inhaling the smoke from a real cigarette, if that's the case, why not purchase a tobacco blend (or DIY) that resembles as close as possible to the brand of cigarette you enjoy.

Your body is not craving the tar (which is what causes cancer); your body is craving nicotine (which does not cause cancer). You must find the reason that YOU are craving a regular cigarette. Once you do, you will avoid it like the plague.

So raise the nicotine level to 24 (if you really must, go up to 36 mg); then wean yourself down to the 6 mg. Then of course find the reason YOU are craving a regular cigarette (reason I stress "you" is because the reason behind your needing a regular cigarette is only particular to yourself, outside of nicotine addiction).

Hope this helps.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I think you are looking at it wrong, you don't have a nicotine nor cigarette addiction, you have a cloud addiction.

yes you like the nic and the taste but as you said that even if you change the nic you cant stop vaping...

so either you make peace with the frequency you vape or you deal with it and cut back on vaping regardless of the amount of nicotine

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
So, nic doesn't seem to be the problem, devices aren't the problem either, and it's not cigarette withdrawal after a year so... What was your question?

Vaping 15ml/day is a lot, but I doubt it's harmful. If you want absolution about buying a pack of cigarettes and smoking them, you're an adult, that's your decision. If you want to cut down, there's not much else you can do besides willing yourself to vape less.

This exactly. No one and nothing can force you to quit... but you. It really comes down to, do you actually want to smoke, or do you actually want to refrain from smoking? Only you can decide and then enforce that decision. This is true no matter what method of quitting you choose -- for me the problem was in the withdrawal and various side effects I suffered when I tried everything from cold turkey to patches; since almost all of that is alleviated with vaping, I don't have that problem anymore, so I vape as much as I please -- for me that's about 6-8ml each day, at 10mg. It's only "too much vaping" if it makes you sick; otherwise... who cares how much you vape? Why worry about it? If it makes you sick, it's too much nicotine; if it doesn't make you sick or cause some other discomfort, it's not too much. Easy peasy.

Andria

Reactions: Lessifer

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA

absorb another ML though my skin??? WHAT? :party:
Recommend vaping instead of smoking. Since I quit smokin I been on 12 mg nick and been feeling a whole lot better. You just need the right mod.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Have you tried higher wattage? I've been vaping less since I went from my mech mod to a Sigelei 150. I agree that it does sound like you're more into vaping than addicted to nicotine. You could make yourself some higher nic juices for when you have the big cravings and some 0 nic for when you just want to constantly chain and blow clouds.

I believe there is a study that shows vapor to be comparable to the air in a medium city, so I wouldn't think there would be any kind of issue with chain vaping all you want. I only stop when I get a nic buzz, then I just take a 10 or 15 minute break.

Reactions: WillyZee

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I smoked 2 years , at a constant 6 cigarettes a day , no matter what and now i vape 15 Ml of eliquid a day and nic/ concentration doesnt really prevent me from doing so . I like to vape the same way I smoke , in other words , take as many hits as i would take from a cigarette at once so even if I had 24mg , i would take as many i would take from a normal analog
I smoked for 27 years, but only around 7 cigarettes per day on average.
I started vaping with 12mg and now, nearly six years later, I still vape at 12mg strength.

The only difference is that the amount I vape keeps decreasing.
And I really don't even feel any need to vape whatsoever.

I'm not sure what is happening to you.
But it surely is different from what most of us experience.

Wish I could help.

TriStar

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
USA
IMO, I would find a good, robust / satisfying NET juice to mitigate those cravings. For me, something like Nicoticket's 'The Virus (H1N1)' is the perfect fix for when I've got that itch and the usual bakery vapes just won't cut it.

In any case, you'll do what you feel is best for you. I wish you nothing but success and the best of luck as you continue your journey.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
With a tank there's the temptation to chain vape; an rda might help you keep a schedule
This.

After six years of vaping I still drip using a 510 atomizer.
It helps me replicate the "ritual" that used to go with smoking.

And it ensures that I only vape when I really WANT to vape.
Which it turns out, is slowly becoming less and less often.

Reactions: Izan

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
you just need to change your vaping habits..
I used to smoke the whole cigarette and then waited about an hour for the next one, now I don't have that constraint so I vape 1 or 2 puffs and then stop for a few minutes, it feels like I'm vaping the whole day but just manage to get 5-7ml per day, using a mech/dripper at .25ohms and a mech/orchid at .45ohms.

so, vape less more frequently

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Your giving out very mixed signals to be honest and perhaps your one of the few that should mix vaping and smoking as your ideal path but it's entirely up to you personally I'm not too convinced your really bothered about vaping as when asked you talked about your collection of vape hardware not the benefits of vaping.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
You still have to want to quit smoking before you actually can. I doubt nicotine is the culprit here. Each individual is well and individual and makes his/her own choices through life. Some are good choices and some are bad choices. We are human after all. Quite frankly, after I have smoked for 30 years there is nothing similar about vaping and smoking. The only thing in common is that we inhale something.

A cigarette gives much more in the way a body feels than vaping. The more chemical involved of course the more of an impact, negative and positive. Well the rush is positive everything else is negative.

Try some WTA, whole tobacco alkaloids. It was the one thing that finally got rid of my hard cravings for a cigarette. I also smoke a cigar every weekend or every other weekend. Although the craving for a smoke are still there on a small scale, I can easily not give in to the temptation.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I started vaping with 12mg and now, nearly six years later, I still vape at 12mg strength.

The only difference is that the amount I vape keeps decreasing.
And I really don't even feel any need to vape whatsoever.

After personally trying the other way (decreasing mg), I now believe that your strategy (decreasing volume/frequency) is the correct one.

Reactions: Lessifer

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Vaping 10-15ml a day is not uncommon. I vape 10+ml a day of 18mg. Using RBA's increases how much juice you burn. Adding more power or higher wattages increases how much juice you burn. Sub-ohming increases how much juice you burn. If you used a non rebuildable tank or carto you would see your daily ml drop substantially for the same amount of time spent vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread