Status
Not open for further replies.

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
SS, Thanks for the suggestion! Hadn't visited the " Blottogeuse" ( Josh! :laugh: ) in a while. Prefer mine dripped and am doing so as I type. It's been my experience that the BG likes the air as well as the heat. May I suggest priming up a new 0.5 ohm coil in the ST "wide open" @ 17.5 watts to start and hanging onto your socks...:w00t: By running with the higher ohm coils to the lower heat, me thinks you are more than likely cooking the juice to the coil.

By comparison, I'm dripping the BG right now in the Tugboat v2 in which I've throttled back the afc to about the same as a wide open ST @ 0.6 ohms. With a fresh battery @ 4.2 volts, it's putting me just south of 29.5 watts. ( Damn!, almost forgot how good the BG really is! :drool: )

On a final note, I've been very impressed with the performance of the stock OCC and have received great mileage from them however, I'm finding that by rebuilding them with my own coil and wicking, they perform even better. So much so that I've yet to bother with building the rda units...:?:

In any case, give it a shot and please report back! Would love to read of your results...;)

Thank you so much! I'll have to try that. I spent WAAAY too much time the other night dry-burning and re-wicking my ST coils but couldn't even get ONE VAPE afterwards....gotta figure out how much KGD is enough (that damn hard layer on the outside of it makes it REALLY hard to get through the hole and coil...). Then I tried good ole fashioned organic cotton balls...same thing. :(:-x:confused: I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with the wicking...probably just need to build my own coils on them and start fresh......otherwise BG will again be relegated to this: with dual micros as .45
imagejpg1_zpsc03be2ec.jpg

Side note: my Atlantis coils last FOREVER (with every OTHER NT juice except Atlanta) if I twist a q-tip down into the coil each refill....you'd be shocked at what it screws back out looking like! :shock: ...like it has BLACK threads! I'm getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40ml through ONE coil with no noticeable loss in flavor nor vapor prod.

Shakes fist in the air....DAMN YOU, BETELGEUSE (and Scuba Steve)!!!! I hate that I love you so....:-x::grr:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
If you are trying to re-wick the stock coil could be your problem right there. The stock coils ( as I would imagine) are installed at the factory with the top cap of the OCC removed. The stock coils are 3mm while the wicking ports are 2mm...go figure. Trying to get the proper amount of wicking into a 3mm coil through a 2mm opening is a downright PITA! I found this out by trying to re-wick one of the first ones I had myself and it's exactly why once a stock coil is gone, I re-coil them to 2mm myself. Take a peek back at page #84 ( post #'s 1667 & 68 ) and if you have any inquiries, don't be shy or ashamed...;)

Last edited:

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
I don't vape BG, but the same thing happens to me with more juices than I would like in the Nautilus Minis. There's a new tank many of us have been using that does MUCH better and coils last much longer. I can't link it here, but I will send you a PM. Anyone else who is looking to perhaps replace some of their Nautilus Minis, shoot me a PM and I will send you the link, as well. :)

Hi Nanny,

I tried to send you a PM about this (inquiring minds and all) but your "mailbox" is full :)

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
If you are trying to re-wick the stock coil could be your problem right there. The stock coils ( as I would imagine) are installed at the factory with the top cap of the OCC removed. The stock coils are 3mm while the wicking ports are 2mm...go figure. Trying to get the proper amount of wicking into a 3mm coil through a 2mm opening is a downright PITA! I found this out by trying to re-wick one of the first ones I had myself and it's exactly why once a stock coil is gone, I re-coil them to 2mm myself. Take a peek back at page #84 ( post #'s 1667 & 68 ) and if you have any inquiries, don't be shy or ashamed...;)

Thank you SO MUCH brother!! I think THAT was exactly my problem! Even though I was trying to "stuff" more wicking into the coil before trimming it, I'm fairly certain that I was getting hotspots....FIRST hit...wretch, gag, heave, gag, spit....throw tank! :-x:censored::grr: I'll have to give it a shot wrapping my own coils at 2mm! :thumbs:

Alawot

Wakonda Warrior
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Lebanon, Ohio
Thank you SO MUCH brother!! I think THAT was exactly my problem! Even though I was trying to "stuff" more wicking into the coil before trimming it, I'm fairly certain that I was getting hotspots....FIRST hit...wretch, gag, heave, gag, spit....throw tank! :-x:censored::grr: I'll have to give it a shot wrapping my own coils at 2mm! :thumbs:
I may have to give it another shot. I gave up trying to re-wick the OCC's a while back, but I did save the casings just for reasons like this :) Thanks Distorto!

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
2898da9c-b5a3-415c-be79-1f954c732909_zpshea3qjam.jpg

Just in case you don't have a spare base for your Kanger sub tank to check or work on coils, if you have an ego adapter and an old protank base ( I know you do Megan!) will work.
The coils and the rebuildable section have the same threads as the PT coils.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
2898da9c-b5a3-415c-be79-1f954c732909_zpshea3qjam.jpg

Just in case you don't have a spare base for your Kanger sub tank to check or work on coils, if you have an ego adapter and an old protank base ( I know you do Megan!) will work.
The coils and the rebuildable section have the same threads as the PT coils.
Thanks for the tip!! I hate having to tear my tanks apart to get the base off.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I just bought a subtank mini from my friends' B&M (the one that was broken into...) just because I could and wanted to help them out. I am underwhelmed....thoughts? I primed the head and filled the tank and let it sit and the taste is so feeble. What am I doing wrong? I have the .5 ohm coil in there now but have 1.2 ohm heads for replacing so I can use it on other than my DNA40....:blink:

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
Imo the 1.2 head is a slight bit better for flavor than the .5. Been running the 1.2 at 18 to 20 watts and the .5 at 20 to25. My mini seems to like some flavors but not others. Weird. For me it's good with CB but not CLS. Wakonda looses a little of the coffee but still really good.

Edit:
Oh and are you lung inhaling it? I simply can not mouth to lung this tank at any airflow. Yuck!

Last edited:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Imo the 1.2 head is a slight bit better for flavor than the .5. Been running the 1.2 at 18 to 20 watts and the .5 at 20 to25. My mini seems to like some flavors but not others. Weird. For me it's good with CB but not CLS. Wakonda looses a little of the coffee but still really good.

Edit:
Oh and are you lung inhaling it? I simply can not mouth to lung this tank at any airflow. Yuck!

I vape mouth to lung so that's an issue that is helped with a different drip tip than the one that came with the tank. I tried the air wide open and the watts at 35. GCD is not as good in this tank as my PT and my lips are singed from the heat (ow ow ow ow ow)

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
I vape mouth to lung so that's an issue that is helped with a different drip tip than the one that came with the tank. I tried the air wide open and the watts at 35. GCD is not as good in this tank as my PT and my lips are singed from the heat (ow ow ow ow ow)
Ow ow not good. I did change my tip also. Been liking glass.
I've never been able to go over 25w without starting to get burnt hits.
GCD ids not a favorite (Sorry!!!!) so can"t vouch for that flavor in there.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Ow ow not good. I did change my tip also. Been liking glass.
I've never been able to go over 25w without starting to get burnt hits.
GCD ids not a favorite (Sorry!!!!) so can"t vouch for that flavor in there.

I'll try the 1.2 heads next so I can drop the watts (ow ow ow). The flavor isn't bad just not as good as the PT. I blame it on scorched lips...lol

And at my friends' B&M the thieves stole all the sampling egos for the juice bar, all the copy mods and left most of the authentic mods plus all the DNA40's and box mods....idiots. YAY IDIOTS!!!!

ETA: and left shelves of juice and all the mixing room ingredients....butts....

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Never understood why people have to do things like that. Imagine what the world could be if everybody just got along.

At least our vaping community banded together and got so much fixed they are just waiting on the resupply for their stock and a new front door. We think it was a weird crime spree as they hit several more vape shops and a liquor store in their run. The police think they have one of the three and leads on the others...just butts :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread