New Kangxin 50W TC device - Mini VF KX-50D: single 18650; LED torch; USB charge; multiple colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
For people who have ordered the kangxin mini from focal, I have spoke to focal, and kangxin has delayed the order, new arrival date to focal is now 10th May, seems pretty common with kangxin to not get the product out on time.

OK thanks for enquiring, Nailz!

Earlier today I checked the status of my fasttech order (for the green), and it showed an estimated shipping date of 25th May! Three weeks away. I was hoping that was just a place-holder date and it could be sooner, but that may be wishful thinking.

It's possible that the coloured mods will be two weeks later than the black - Doris at Focal told me in my original enquiry that the coloured mods would be later.

Or it's possible that the first batch is 10th May as Nailz was told, but I missed the first batch and am in the second - a two week delay between batches would come out to the 25th. If so, stupid me for waiting so long to order!

We shall see.

Reactions: Nailz

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Thats quite fine such as can be especially for preorder. But with that said I have no qualms if release dates are extended so that maybe just maybe if there are issues still to be dealt with that they can be ironed out. On the plus side my rDNA40 came in so I am quite frosty atm.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Personally i'm hoping that it "works" as it would be my beater/everyday mod for going work or as such. On the subject of whether it works or not efficiently I don't think it would be a huge deal to me as I have a VS clone that even tho TC works the mod tends to go wonky *bleep*. In which case led me to the real deal but for 40-50 bucks it will be much received for sure. That way my HB dna40 and VS rDNA40 can sit in relative safety while I ponder if I want to be froggy enough to take em along (would be more common me thinks lol)

Reactions: TheBloke

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Personally i'm hoping that it "works" as it would be my beater/everyday mod for going work or as such. On the subject of whether it works or not efficiently I don't think it would be a huge deal to me as I have a VS clone that even tho TC works the mod tends to go wonky *bleep*. In which case led me to the real deal but for 40-50 bucks it will be much received for sure. That way my HB dna40 and VS rDNA40 can sit in relative safety while I ponder if I want to be froggy enough to take em along (would be more common me thinks lol)

My guess is TC will work pretty much the same as the VF clones, meaning it works pretty well.

The general usage of the ChiDNA40s is not quite as good as the real thing. There's a couple of minor things, like after leaving the mod for a while it turns off and forgets the resistance so you can't just pick it up and press fire to vape, you have to press fire once to get to wake it up and then again to fire. But it's not a huge deal, and the chips are improving batch-by-batch so such things might change. We have seen changes happen even within a single model, such as the Waidea VF clone which has multiple revisions of chip, with people who bought it months ago having seeing different behaviour to people who bought theirs recently.

I have one TC annoyance with my Waidea VF which is that I can't leave it in Temp mode permanently, because the detection between Ni200/Kanthal is very poor: with TC left on, it will always vape a Kanthal coil in Temp mode for the first 2-3 seconds before it realises and displays volts instead of °F. That leads to a sub-par vape for those few seconds. But other owners of the Waidea have said they don't see that issue, and I don't believe the Heatvape Invader has it either - and that has the same 50W board as the Mini VF.

As you said, for $50 we can't expect a huge amount - but I'm confident it will definitely be worth buying.

I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into another delays marathon like the IPV4 :) Fingers crossed for the 10th (or 25th in my case! :p )

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Oh geez for real? The only big issue with my VS clone is the 510 connection gets wonky on me as it will randomly dish out the "new coil?" Question and wick has to stay wet otherwise it'll scorch the wick slowly. Be as it may all things are not created equally both clone and even authentic. Well I mean no two devices will act the same to that reference. Funny since I came across this:
Mini VF 40W Temperature Control VW Variable Wattage Box Mod - Silver, Aluminum Alloy, 1~40W, 1 x 18650 - 3FVape

Poor kangxin mini VF idea has begun to take root in the being cloned themselves biz except that its a 40w and not 50w.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Oh geez for real? The only big issue with my VS clone is the 510 connection gets wonky on me as it will randomly dish out the "new coil?" Question and wick has to stay wet otherwise it'll scorch the wick slowly. Be as it may all things are not created equally both clone and even authentic. Well I mean no two devices will act the same to that reference. Funny since I came across this:
Mini VF 40W Temperature Control VW Variable Wattage Box Mod - Silver, Aluminum Alloy, 1~40W, 1 x 18650 - 3FVape

Poor kangxin mini VF idea has begun to take root in the being cloned themselves biz except that its a 40w and not 50w.

Oh interesting! Hmm, could be a clone I guess, or it could be another manufacturer taking the same idea ("Mini" added to "VF" hardly being an amazingly original idea). Given it's hardly a clone - lower wattage, no flashlight - I'm guessing the latter.

It's more expensive than the Kangxin, despite being lower wattage and no flashlight :) But they might well drop the price before or at launch I guess (I seem to recall the Kangxin Mini VF was a few dollars more than the current price - which is listed as a sale price by Focal, though not by FT so that might just be Focal trying to pretend it's a better deal.)

friediceman

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Indiana, USA

Nice! Now they need to hurry up and get these things out to the consumers...

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Oh interesting! Hmm, could be a clone I guess, or it could be another manufacturer taking the same idea ("Mini" added to "VF" hardly being an amazingly original idea). Given it's hardly a clone - lower wattage, no flashlight - I'm guessing the latter.

It's more expensive than the Kangxin, despite being lower wattage and no flashlight :) But they might well drop the price before or at launch I guess (I seem to recall the Kangxin Mini VF was a few dollars more than the current price - which is listed as a sale price by Focal, though not by FT so that might just be Focal trying to pretend it's a better deal.)
I think I might like the look of this one over the waidea... hmm.

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
I believe the price on angelcigs is the cheapest somewheres around 44-45. I purchased mine from focal around 47 and used a coupon from vapingcheap. I guess it all matters whom you jump for. But however 3fvape is 50ish but looks like most them are sold out except the black color. Then fasttech @51.97 hmmm whose up for a good ole friendly race lol j/k.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I believe the price on angelcigs is the cheapest somewheres around 44-45. I purchased mine from focal around 47 and used a coupon from vapingcheap. I guess it all matters whom you jump for. But however 3fvape is 50ish but looks like most them are sold out except the black color. Then fasttech @51.97 hmmm whose up for a good ole friendly race lol j/k.

Oh, I'd completely forgotten about Angel Cigs! I need to start checking them too when I look for Chinese stuff.

I would imagine that 3F list them as out of stock because they don't want to start a pre-order for them yet - not because they're actually out of stock. In fact I think I remember seeing them listed as out of stock as soon as they were added. Maybe they're unsure of when they're getting them so don't want to make them available for pre-order until they have a definite date.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

Don't be fooled by angelcigs low price, it is not free shipping, add shipping and it is $51.79 ;)

Reactions: TheBloke

eddiea

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2014
    Laguna Niguel, CA USA
    Funny since I came across this:

The title and datasheet section indicates it is 40W but the specs under the MORE INFO section says 50W. It is interesting to see it goes down to 1W. They don't mention anything about whether or not it has a spring-loaded 510 pin, and that feature itself is a deal-breaker for me personally but I expect more info will be made available later on the site or elsewhere.

So many mods...so little time (and cash)...

Last edited:

Shigura

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2015
    Lincoln, NE
    The title and datasheet section indicates it is 40W but the specs under the MORE INFO section says 50W. It is interesting to see it goes down to 1W. They don't mention anything about whether or not it has a spring-loaded 510 pin, and that feature itself is a deal-breaker for me personally but I expect more info will be made available later on the site or elsewhere.

So many mods...so little time (and cash)...
    Hmmm just seen that after you said it but then it also says 1w-40w twice on the data and Specification as well with them only mentioning it going up to 50w once

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Birmingham, England
    Hmmm just seen that after you said it but then it also says 1w-40w twice on the data and Specification as well with them only mentioning it going up to 50w once
    again, a lot of the verbage associated with these things is ripped directly from the DNA40 specs and so can be misleading!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread