Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That's been my [conspiracy] theory for a while now, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.
How could it not be?

They aren't exactly idiots.
They know what they're doing.

So what other conclusion could there be?

Nicotine has many benefits, as we all know...
(Many links available upon request)

But how can they ever take over the market if electronic cigarettes are allowed to flourish?
SPOILER ALERT: They can't

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
There's an advantage to BP nic - you can consume it about everywhere with impunity.

The Chantix is even better - being prescription, the first fool to bar you from taking it would see a monumental lawsuit.

I'd love to see a flavourless, odorless, tasteless, prescription only Quickmist or similar device. It would defeat all current Sadistic restrictions. Which means we'll probably never see it.

Reactions: EBates

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
What does nicotine have to do with it?

vape gear is a delivery mechanism.
It can be used to deliver all kinds of things, not just nicotine.

cigs/nicotine replacement is just the 'killer app' that currently births the industry.

sooner or later, somebody is going to come up with some other app..
ok so there's cloud chasing.. sorta like car racing in the car industry; not a 'real' app.
There's bound to be medical apps.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Interesting...

But the idea of "therapeutic" nicotine would certainly fall under Big Pharma.
Which I'm sure has been the Big Pharma end-game all along.

Yes, but there is another, much more controversial, substance that is allowed for both medicinal (therapeutic) and recreational use. Why can't the same principle apply to nicotine?

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
What does nicotine have to do with it?

vape gear is a delivery mechanism.
It can be used to deliver all kinds of things, not just nicotine.

cigs/nicotine replacement is just the 'killer app' that currently births the industry.

sooner or later, somebody is going to come up with some other app..
ok so there's cloud chasing.. sorta like car racing in the car industry; not a 'real' app.
There's bound to be medical apps.
sure there is going to be medical applications.
one of them will be tobacco reduction therapy.
to be seen at the nearest Mayo Clinic near you.
:yawn:
mike

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
I am VERY pessimistic about anything Uncle Mitch says. Please humor me :)

He is speaking before SFATA!!!!! The "truth" about the deeming wouldn't play very well with THIS audience so he engages in what I will politely call obfuscation, apples and oranges, change the subject, soften the blow, bloviating, and much much more.

I could certainly be wrong but that's the way I digest all of his presentations. ALL that matters to me is the final rule in the federal registry and these Mitch talks presentations don't provide a single clue or hint for me with respect to the final rule.

Thank you for humoring me /lol

:)

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Yes, but there is another, much more controversial, substance that is allowed for both medicinal (therapeutic) and recreational use. Why can't the same principle apply to nicotine?

Yeah! All we have to do is develop a large enough black market that the gov't can't control (I mean tax) and TA DA It will be legalized. Just like the other stuff, maybe.;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Taxes lost from those who quit smoking or switch to Ecigs will force action by government to regain lost revenue at some point. There's a court action and a payment schedule established with Big Tobacco from the previous suit. State Governments depend on the income stream these days. They have loans to repay.

Does anyone think that they'd just like to push us aside and continue to get their money from BT instead of Little Ecig? Wouldn't there have to be more litigation to establish a new agreement with vapor products? Would they have to prove existing harm in vapor? It's already proven with BT smoke. I suspect they don't want to open a can of worms with the vapor industry. We'd have already heard about significant harm if there was sufficient evidence to support it, IMO.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
There's a court action and a payment schedule established with Big Tobacco from the previous suit. State Governments depend on the income stream these days. They have loans to repay.

And considering that they got those loans based on sales which had not happened yet, they all need to be prosecuted for malfeasance.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread