ANTZ resort to blatant insults against vapers, calling them e-diots

Status
Not open for further replies.

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
"It is estimated that around 2 billion people in Britain are users of e-cigarettes, with around 700,000 of them using them instead of traditional cigarettes and the rest being made up of people who use a combination of the two."

Wow, I didn't know the population of the UK was well over 2 billion. I didn't think worldwide usage had reached 2 billion yet.
That typo(?) certainly set the tone for the quality of the rest of this piece.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Hydroscopic

Mar 6, 2015
United States
Anyone channel their inner Ren & Stimpy when saying the word "e-diot" in their heads? :laugh:

Its Log!

:pop:

I suppose writing insultingly inflammatory titles on opinion pieces is one way to try to break into journalism by a test of fire.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
From the article:
But nicotine is not without its own problems.

First and foremost, it is highly addictive.

Here, boys and girls, is how we are able to tell the author is ANTZ leaning. If the author was leaning the other way, this would've been written as such:

"For some, nicotine is still treated as an issue. First, it is considered to be an addictive substance."

And for future reference if you see the words "nicotine" and "highly addictive" close together, you can rest assured the author is ANTZ leaning, which of course makes them come across as what boys and girls?

(All in unison)
An ignoramus.

Fauve

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2015
Tipperary, Ireland
Diethylene glycol! Muppet... Wikipedian jurno's at their best, a credit to "one of the most highly-respected, nationally-acclaimed and award-winning student news providers in the country", might stick to TV reviews or other no-use propaganda for future articles. None of the institution's world-leading research was afforded for this article. meh!

Reactions: nicnik

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
"It is estimated that around 2 billion people in Britain are users of e-cigarettes, with around 700,000 of them using them instead of traditional cigarettes and the rest being made up of people who use a combination of the two."

Wow, I didn't know the population of the UK was well over 2 billion. I didn't think worldwide usage had reached 2 billion yet.
That typo(?) certainly set the tone for the quality of the rest of this piece.

lol ... 2 billion :lol:

Reactions: caramel

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
How 'bout "vaping deniers"? :)

I think it's useful to label anti-vaping nonsense on social media with the tag [HASHTAG]#sciencedenial[/HASHTAG] (usually associated with progressive climate change propaganda) because it reaches the very extreme left-wing audience pushing sanctimonious big-nanny restrictions.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I think it's useful to label anti-vaping nonsense on social media with the tag [HASHTAG]#sciencedenial[/HASHTAG] (usually associated with progressive climate change propaganda) because it reaches the very extreme left-wing audience pushing sanctimonious big-nanny restrictions.

I'm going to start using that term online and off, to help people on all parts of the political spectrum, who are anti-vaping, or on the fence, especially those on the left who are almost unanimously pro Harm Reduction on every other issue, but anti Tobacco Harm Reduction. Lots and lots of hypocracy on the left, and belief that they would never stoop to science denial like they see on the right.

I've been seeing you using the label "Tobacco Control Cult". Very fitting. Gotta use that one, too.

jtpjc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Netherlands
eediot_zpsukdsc9gt.jpg

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
"The biggest problem overall with e-cigarettes is the lack of regulation."

Contrary to cigarettes, which are fully regulated and therefore totally safe.

Plus, with such regulation (of smokes) comes the inability for minors to ever obtain, or desire, such a product. Cause, ya know, minors wouldn't like a product that doesn't have flavors like cotton candy and bubble gum included.

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
I'm going to start using that term online and off, to help people on all parts of the political spectrum, who are anti-vaping, or on the fence, especially those on the left who are almost unanimously pro Harm Reduction on every other issue, but anti Tobacco Harm Reduction. Lots and lots of hypocracy on the left, and belief that they would never stoop to science denial like they see on the right.

I've been seeing you using the label "Tobacco Control Cult". Very fitting. Gotta use that one, too.

IMO keywords like that are critical to turning public opinion against Tobacco Control. We must expose their dirty tactics and paint them as an extremist prohibitionist cult pursuing their agenda (and financing for it) at all costs. Currently, that cost is the lives of 44 million American smokers, 1.24 Billion worldwide.

keywords I associate with Tobacco Control: industry, cabal, cult, fundamentalists, militants, extremists, antismoker, failure, and my favorite, [HASHTAG]#AbolishTC[/HASHTAG]
keywords I associate with anti-#vaping studies: rhetoric, agitprop, propaganda, pseudoscience, sciencedenial, desk murder, genocide

Ridicule and sarcasm is probably our best weapon here. Here's a great and timely example re this junk study:
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0126259

Attachments

• CFUPUw3W0AA7AS9.jpg
    CFUPUw3W0AA7AS9.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread