Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Yes, you should give them some crap! Tell them they need to get a programmer :)

So I did give my dealer some crap this morning and they promised they would not send me into the arms of another dealer in Tampa. They said they'd reach out to you today to get what they need to perform updates. If you don't hear from them today, I'm going to suggest you PM me for who to contact at my dealer and you can call him. I'm going to make sure they get the ball rolling on this. Yes indeed I am!

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
It's probably not a problem. I would suggest replying to the ticket for the repair and see where it's at. If it has not shipped yet, I'm sure it would not be a problem. Just let them know what you want to do.

Maybe ProVape needs to look beyond POS and into POT!
ETCentric

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
So I did give my dealer some crap this morning and they promised they would not send me into the arms of another dealer in Tampa. They said they'd reach out to you today to get what they need to perform updates. If you don't hear from them today, I'm going to suggest you PM me for who to contact at my dealer and you can call him. I'm going to make sure they get the ball rolling on this. Yes indeed I am!
I just checked and the closest upgrade center is in Brandon. If your dealer is the one on Dale Mabry, I'll wait for them to get set up.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I just checked and the closest upgrade center is in Brandon. If your dealer is the one on Dale Mabry, I'll wait for them to get set up.

Yes, my dealer is the one on Dale Mabry and they have assured me they will get whatever they need from Provape to be able to do upgrades. They're going to call me when they're ready and I'll post here when that happens.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
May as well. I shamed my local dealer and they're ordering whatever they need to do upgrades, so I fortunately won't have to part with my P3.
Hope they don't brick your mod...

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
There are no shops in my area that have update ability, but I'll be in Santa Barbara in a couple weeks for a wedding, so I called the only shop on the map and they said they'd do it for free. I called another shop that's about 1/2 hour away from where I live and they asked if I bought the P3 from them. When I said no, they said the cost would be $5. They also said they hadn't updated their machine, and hope to have it ready next week. Doesn't sound like a difficult process, but it's going to take them a week?

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Does one need to put in a ticket for the upgrade.

Yes. Use the "Contact Us" button, and submit a ticket. It took Blake less than 15 minutes to respond to me. They are doing this upgrade free of charge, but are asking that the consumer pays shipping, both ways. It's $5 for return shipping. Sadly, they are requiring "signature required" for return shipping, just as they normally do. Mine are going in tomorrow :)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Hey there,

It's probably not a problem. I would suggest replying to the ticket for the repair and see where it's at. If it has not shipped yet, I'm sure it would not be a problem. Just let them know what you want to do.

Yeah, my P3 is not going to ever get up updated ... they responded back and said it would cost me two shipping charges and they probably would not be able to ship it back to Florida by the 24th.

This is exactly what I feared before buying it ... live and learn :glare:

Does anybody know where I could update this P3 in Canada?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I have the same reply 2 shipping charges. First response I received was I'm not sure what's wrong. Has anyone found a retailer who does firmware updates. Looking at the map they show I clicked dozens of retailers and non say authorized update dealer.

In any event I'm waiting to see how much shipping is required to send both P3's back and forth. I'm not cheap by any means but I would think Provape would pay to ship them back. I can see me paying to ship it to them. :(

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Yeah, my P3 is not going to ever get up updated ... they responded back and said it would cost me two shipping charges and they probably would not be able to ship it back to Florida by the 24th.

This is exactly what I feared before buying it ... live and learn :glare:

Does anybody know where I could update this P3 in Canada?

I have no clue if any of these dealers are near you, but each one is an upgrade center in Canada.

6035-4th St. SE
Rear of building
Calgary Alberta T2H 2A5
Canada
Phone: 403-453-8273
Email: orders@hazevapeco.com

[HASHTAG]#254[/HASHTAG] 6100 Macleod Trail SW
Calgary Alberta T2H 0K5
Canada
Phone: 1-403-454-8273
Email: eliquidationinc@gmail.com

9 King George rd
Brantford Ontario N3r 5K2
Canada
Phone: 519 750- 0330
Email: contact@goldsealejuice.com

0 ave Mont-Royal e.
Montreal Quebec H2T 1N7
Canada
Phone: 514-419-7003
Email: info@vapeurexpress.ca

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I have the same reply 2 shipping charges. First response I received was I'm not sure what's wrong. Has anyone found a retailer who does firmware updates. Looking at the map they show I clicked dozens of retailers and non say authorized update dealer.

In any event I'm waiting to see how much shipping is required to send both P3's back and forth. I'm not cheap by any means but I would think Provape would pay to ship them back. I can see me paying to ship it to them. :(

Is this close to you Ping? They're an upgrade center in Manhattan

VapeNY - Manhattan
1 miles
40 Rivington Street
New York NY 10002
USA
Phone: 516-399-0606
Email: VapeNY@gmail.com

Reactions: LittleBird

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA

I couldn't find an authorized update dealer, either. And I'm relatively near DC! But I figure $10 for what are essentially new devices - I sub ohm frequently - is a good deal. Especially if I can count on ProVari safety!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread