Status
Not open for further replies.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
If they have 500 silver devices and 2000 preorders for silver devices they can hardly just up and switch a black device preorder to silver.

It makes perfect sense.
Then they shouldn't have it available on the site as IN STOCK. Reread please.

If it was still a preorder for the silver, that would be one thing. It's listed as in stock though. They also had 300 preorders for the black last I checked, and less for the silver, which is probably why they have the silver in stock.

If they are openly selling Silver to anyone now and haven't shipped out their preorders, then they really have problems, lol

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

Vooper

Apr 16, 2015
Then they shouldn't have it available on the site as IN STOCK. Reread please.

If it was still a preorder for the silver, that would be one thing. It's listed as in stock though. They also had 300 preorders for the black last I checked, and less for the silver, which is probably why they have the silver in stock.

If they are openly selling Silver to anyone now and haven't shipped out their preorders, then they really have problems, lol

THE WGU CLUB

It's been listed as "In Stock" the entire time.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
It's been listed as "In Stock" the entire time.
Well, when I emailed them, they didn't say they didn't have them in stock, they told me their "system wouldn't allow it" .

I told them I just wanted to switch from black, I don't want black, it's final design was different, and its been delayed with no word.

Even if they didn't have one to ship me that day (I mentioned to them I'm not in a massive hurry, I just really don't want black) they still refused to change it.

You're telling me that it makes perfect sense that they couldn't switch my preorder to a silver? Cuz, that's all I asked of them in my initial email...

I think the one sentence answers and overall indifference is what irritated me the most. If they could have just switched me to silver I'd have had no issue with waiting a few more days, but the fact that they wouldn't, or even worse...couldn't, do that is very telling.

Considering 4-5 people have all cancelled in the past day speaks volumes about the customer service received from them.

THE WGU CLUB

Vooper

Apr 16, 2015
Well, when I emailed them, they didn't say they didn't have them in stock, they told me their "system wouldn't allow it" .

I told them I just wanted to switch from black, I don't want black, it's final design was different, and its been delayed with no word.

Even if they didn't have one to ship me that day (I mentioned to them I'm not in a massive hurry, I just really don't want black) they still refused to change it.

You're telling me that it makes perfect sense that they couldn't switch my preorder to a silver? Cuz, that's all I asked of them in my initial email...

I think the one sentence answers and overall indifference is what irritated me the most. If they could have just switched me to silver I'd have had no issue with waiting a few more days, but the fact that they wouldn't, or even worse...couldn't, do that is very telling.

Considering 4-5 people have all cancelled in the past day speaks volumes about the customer service received from them.

THE WGU CLUB

It makes perfect sense that they can't switch an order when they probably have every silver device they're going to receive for the rest of the month accounted for by preorders.

It'd be kind of a douche move to make somebody who ordered a silver device wait longer because they gave it to somebody who ordered black.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
It makes perfect sense that they can't switch an order when they probably have every silver device they're going to receive for the rest of the month accounted for by preorders.

It'd be kind of a douche move to make somebody who ordered a silver device wait longer because they gave it to somebody who ordered black.
*facepalm*

I'm just gonna go build my Ubertoot

Pointless

If you like them, fine, but there are plenty of people who also seem to have issue with their lackluster responses in emails and elsewhere. I expect more from a vendor, and others here do as well.

THE WGU CLUB

Reactions: Maverik_X

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Quick example.

I emailed Vape Royalty using their contact form the day before yesterday. I have no order or even account with them.

They promptly got back to me, answering every question I had asked and even some parallel ones I didn't.

They did that for someone who hasn't placed an order with them yet. (it was about info concerning the black ipv4 and a few other things).

If they can do that for me, why shouldn't I expect the vendor I did place an order with to, in the very least, be as helpful and gracious as VR was?

VR isn't special when it comes to receiving info from P4Y, they just happen to care enough to pass it along to their current, and potential, customers, while being friendly and prompt at the same time.

THE WGU CLUB

Vooper

Apr 16, 2015
*facepalm*

I'm just gonna go build my Ubertoot

Pointless

If you like them, fine, but there are plenty of people who also seem to have issue with their lackluster responses in emails and elsewhere. I expect more from a vendor, and others here do as well.

THE WGU CLUB

I have no like or dislike of VapeNW, but when the email quoted in the thread states that they don't even have enough devices in to fulfill preorders the reply given makes perfect sense.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
I have no like or dislike of VapeNW, but when the email quoted in the thread states that they don't even have enough devices in to fulfill preorders the reply given makes perfect sense.
That was their email to one person though, which brings me to another point I find irritating.

They didn't mention anything of the sort to me (or others) and I was only going by my own interactions with them. I can't help it if they decided to start telling different people different things.

When I talked to them they didn't say they didn't have them in, their only reasoning for not being able to switch my order was, and this is an exact quote "sorry, my system won't let me"

I s*** you not, that was literally their first response. Along with "we haven't seen the black"

It was a single run on sentence, all lower case, no period to be found. Illustrating completely their idea of customer service.

THE WGU CLUB

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas

There is no legitimate reason to say they can't switch the order. All they have to do is tell the customer that they can do it but that the customer will be put at the end of the preorder line because they need to fulfill their existing Silver preorders first. Then give the customer the option of switching, waiting for the black, or canceling. If the customer does decide to switch then all they need to do is cancel the black preorder and enter in a new silver preorder as an even exchange. Surely that's less trouble than having to cancel the black preorder and then do a money refund.

But not giving the customer that option and simply telling them that it's not possible... that is inexcusable and makes no sense at all at any level. It's possible, they just couldn't be bothered.

Reactions: dems86

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I've seen other vendors list the item as "out of stock" when the number of preorders exceeds what they have coming in. And revert back to "in stock" when another shipment is due. VapeNW didn't even have to do that. Just a blurb on the web site or social media about what was happening. It was the complete lack of any update that turned me off. Not even a hint of what was happening.

wooglins

Feb 18, 2015
Nashville
There is no legitimate reason to say they can't switch the order. All they have to do is tell the customer that they can do it but that the customer will be put at the end of the preorder line because they need to fulfill their existing Silver preorders first. Then give the customer the option of switching, waiting for the black, or canceling. If the customer does decide to switch then all they need to do is cancel the black preorder and enter in a new silver preorder as an even exchange. Surely that's less trouble than having to cancel the black preorder and then do a money refund.

But not giving the customer that option and simply telling them that it's not possible... that is inexcusable and makes no sense at all at any level. It's possible, they just couldn't be bothered.

It is a very complex situation. What happens if you cancel your order hang up the phone, and call back a place an order for a silver one? Really strange setup refusing to cancel your order and let you order a different color, but allowing you to cancel the order outright. That says we do not want your business unless you are sticking with your original choice of black. Not a fan of vapenw based on their response. I have not ordered from them yet and I will not in the future.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Not sure why there is such a price variation with these...eciggity selling them at $95, Fluid Vapes at $65...what up?
They are probably trying to milk some extra cash out of potential buyers during the first few weeks when stock is usually limited. Although, there seem to be plenty of places that have them in stock and are NOT price gouging, so fooey on them.

THE WGU CLUB

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Not sure why there is such a price variation with these...eciggity selling them at $95, Fluid Vapes at $65...what up?

That is the norm I think, like you can get the MVP3 for $40 right now at vaporbeast, where other stores are still asking $65, just some stores claim bigger overheads, like stores that have to pay employee's compared to someone running a store by themselves.

dems86

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA, US
    That is the norm I think, like you can get the MVP3 for $40 right now at vaporbeast, where other stores are still asking $65, just some stores claim bigger overheads, like stores that have to pay employee's compared to someone running a store by themselves.
    I guess, but it seems higher than the norm. $80 seems to be right about where most places were selling them, both during preorders over the past couple months and after release even.

THE WGU CLUB

Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I guess, but it seems higher than the norm. $80 seems to be right about where most places were selling them, both during preorders over the past couple months and after release even.

THE WGU CLUB

I was trying to be nice about it, but you was more to the point :lol:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    After mulling it over, I am kinda glad I don't have one on the way. Vendors in the US have to be bombarding P4U for product, and the sweat sh...uhhh factory probably ain't too worried about QC at the moment.

The biggest problem (that I've heard of anyway) is one of design, not QC - the screen cover.

No other signs of QC problems on mine, or rather none of the device. Plenty of bugs on the chip, but we can blame Yihi for that. Oh and of course I did have one worrying HW issue the first day I got it, when it said "Too Hot" when it hadn't even been fired for 10+ minutes, and even then only very briefly (check video in my sig for more details.) But it hasn't repeated in a week of near constant use.

Of course my sample size of one is meaningless, but I've not heard reports from others as yet either. I've taken mine apart and looked inside and the wiring and soldering look reasonable enough (to my relatively untrained eye.) Certainly not a hot glue mess or anything.

I did hear a rumour about a problem with the 9V charger port - again one of design I think rather than QC - but I've not been able to pin it down. I've still not heard of anyone saying they've actually used it for more than a quick test of "yes it charges." I keep meaning to dig out a 9V/2A charger and test the charging speed but haven't done so yet.

Have you heard of specific problems that QC should have caught? Dead mods, not reading attys or anything?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread