Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm also getting an occasional "glitch". From the subscribed threads page, when I click the button to go to the first unread post, it will sometimes take me 3-4 posts further back.
I click on the title, which is supposed to go to the first unread, when there are new posts, and it usually does, but sometimes takes me a 1/2 page or so ahead, so I have to scroll back so I don't miss any. Not a huge deal, but it is a bit of a glitch. I'm on chrome win 7 if that matters. and I open all tabs in a new window with right clicking it

Reactions: Bamrz

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I did a search and could not find this question. I am not getting email alerts when a thread I'm following updates or gets a new post. I think I have the correct box checked in "alert preferences". :( thanks for any help

ps, they are not in my spam folder

Cags, it's in your Preferences, Browsing preferences, top of page--not alert preferences. Check 'and receive email notifications"

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies

Reactions: Debadoo

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Cags, it's in your Preferences, Browsing preferences, top of page--not alert preferences. Check 'and receive email notifications"

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies

thanks, I was just coming back to my post to correct it. in preferences I do have and have had the "receive email notifications" checked. not getting them though :(

ps I do like the new icons though :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
thanks, I was just coming back to my post to correct it. in preferences I do have and have had the "receive email notifications" checked. not getting them though :(

Try closing your browser and reopening it again. Or give it some time.

I'm getting 404 and 504 (?) error messages--maybe something is going on with the server.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
both my issues have been happening ever since the change over.... thanks

You're still not getting your email notifications? That's odd.

I can't help with the other issue--I don't use classies much. Sorry. I'm sure someone in the know will be able to help, though.

Reactions: cags

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Unfortunately, we have too many that use it in a derogatory manner. It will remain in the filters.

Dear Admin, we seem to have another unintended consequence of overzealous filtration...:lol:

The transition may be easiest if you simply add some Knger T2's to your vaping ****nal.

Please, please let us say a-r-s-e-n-a-l. It's a good word and it's being used often.

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I've just noticed a problem today (Hope this hasn't already been covered).

The site is acting very weird whenever I edit a post. The edit works fine, but then when I try to leave the page, I get a "This method is only available by POST Hit the Back Button" error message. (At least when I click one of the "top" links).

I hit the back button and it shows my original post, without the edit. When I click on "edit", the new edit is still there. Close edit, it shows in the post, but won't let me leave the page (or at least, use the "top" link - I will need to play around with it some more).

If I close the page, and get back to ECF and re-visit it, the edit is there.

On a Desktop, running Firefox.

ETA: Testing 1,2,3

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
When you go to use the Top link after an edit, use the one in the post above the one you edited. It's a quirk of how the system sees the post after an edit and treats it differently. If you do end up hitting the back button, just do a refresh of the page, you'll see your edit there.

Reactions: sonicdsl

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
may I test the f word?
That's the beauty of this forum!
You can type whatever you want and the forum filters do all the work for you.

And you won't get into any trouble either!
Because they don't let .......s type things like .... and .... without filtering it.
:)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Complaining how the forum is run
Status
Not open for further replies.