Wood Quad 18650 3034 mosfet wood mod up & running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveinherts

Apr 1, 2015
Stotfold
Say hello to my beastly mod!
Been running the subtank plus on a fully charged set for 4 days using the 1.2 ohm occ, 4.2v start down to 3.60v, this thing eats juice, gone through 20ml/day with this configuration. voltage drop is around 0.09v.
I would expect to get a full weeks worth of vaping on 1 set of batts using 2ohm+ attys.

i destroyed £16 worth of resettable fuses soldering, bloody things, so, i took a different route, de-constructed 4 x 3 pin plugs, used the earth pin to mount the fuse clips, each batt has it's own fuse with vent/viewing slots to check them.

When the occ dies, i will then run the 0.5ohm coils before delving into the rba deck. The very nice owner of my local lib f store tested it with his .5ohm subtank prior to purchasing my subtank and he said "it was very smooth with no sagging" (think he was impressed!) The .5 ohm gave a voltage drop of 0.2v, having 4 x 18650's reduces the amp load and hopefully provide longer service life. I know the Efest fiasco thing going around, but running .5 coil with 4 of them is still within their accused continuous rating. Technically this device is limited to the 14g wire @ 32amp, around 0.1313ohm but i will NOT go below .5 so happy days.
Hope this inspires someone to have a go as i did.
DSCN0005.JPG
DSCN0006.JPG
DSCN0005.JPG
DSCN0006.JPG
DSCN0007.JPG
DSCN0008.JPG
DSCN0009.JPG
DSCN0011.JPG
DSCN0012.JPG

Steveinherts

Apr 1, 2015
Stotfold
yes it does for some reason, both general shape and on the inside, took me a week to finalise the internal layout, a lot going on in there it be,

2 x rocker's
1 x anti vandal
volt meter
charge board
510 connector
mosfet with mini heatsink
2 x sleds with 4 x fuses
spaghetti (all the wire)

And plenty of room for

screwdriver
spare occ head
rba head
pre-made coils
cotton
mini clippers
But, alas, no room for the kitchen sink ( leave that at home for the wife lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread