What strength e-liquid do you VAPE?

What is the nicotine strength of e-liquid you vape most often in mg per ml?

• 0mg

• 6mg

• 8mg

• 11mg

• 14mg

• 16mg

• 18mg

• 20mg

• 24mg

• 26mg

• 30mg

• 36mg

• 48mg

• More than 48mg!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosspa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Bonita Springs, FL, USA
I think it's about time to do a new poll on what e-liquid strength you vape (not necessarily buy). I.e if you buy 48mg and cut it to 24mg, choose 24mg. If you vape varying strengths, then try to choose the one you vape most often. If you vape a strength between two of the options, please choose the one that is closest (you can only have so many poll options).

Much has changed since a big poll on this back in 2009 (except that asked what liquid you buy). E-cigs have generally got a lot better. I wonder if this has had much effect on the results :vapor:

Thanks

Well, my first vaping experience, after 42 years of supplemental nicotine abstinence (i.e., I quit smoking 42 years ago at about 2 packs/day at the time) and bought my first e-cig last December, that was RJR's Vuse product, at a gas station. It was 4.5% (45mg) nicotine juice. I now roll my own, but have maintained a 48mg juice (i.e., I now vape a 48mg stock solution 75/25 with just a little added menthol). I'm continuing to experiment with juice mixes, but I haven't found a compelling reason to back off from 48mg. I'm vaping for nicotine health benefits, obviously not as a smoking cessation solution. So far, and I acknowledge that I might be experiencing a placebo effect, it has helped in my concentration, and my ability to give university-level lectures with significantly fewer pauses and 'senior recall moments'.

Last edited:

mosspa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Bonita Springs, FL, USA
When I started I was vaping 18mg, now I am down to 6mg , but I am not sure that I will keep cutting the juice. I am happy where I stand :)

Why would you even want to cut back? Your body will tell you when you have reached a concentration that MIGHT be deleterious. This thinking, that nicotine concentration has something to do with your compulsion to 'smoke', is just reinforcing the idea that there is something wrong with wanting to inhale nicotine. Getting off nicotine shouldn't be your goal, from a harm reduction standpoint, stopping smoking cigarettes (manual) should be, and the concentration of nicotine in your vaping juice shouldn't be a factor.

Last edited:

Podunk Steam

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2014
United States
What, no 12vers? :blush:
Maybe closer to 11mg really after flavorings but with tanks making more efficient delivery of the nicotine I'm seriously thinking of cutting back a bit. Averaging 3 fills of the Lemo 2 a day puts me at a pretty high nicotine ingestion rate.

Maybe 9 or 10mg next time.
:glug:

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I'm a twelver, Podunk! Started vaping in 2011 with 24 mg nic. Dropped down to 12 mg a couple of years ago, and was really surprised that the lower nicotine didn't bother me a'tall. I generally go with 12 mg for my BCC tanks.

6 mg on my RDA's, but when my B&M was out of 6 mg, I tried 3 mg. Once again, no OMIGODINEEDNICOTINENOWNOWNOW!!!! with the drop down. Going forward, I'll probably stick with 3 mg for my RDA's, unless they're out of it..then, I'll just bounce back up to 6.

Podunk Steam

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2014
United States
Nice to see another twelver amidst. :thumbs:
I got some samples that were 3mg from Ginger Vaper I liked a lot and curved the urge with a really low omhs build in a customized dual kanthal coiled RDA, I think it was at .18 or .19 but fired on an SX350 at 50 watts. One of the most pleasant cloud chasing adventures I had experienced, I don't usually do this type of thing.
Most of the time I don't really like feeding an RDA, more for the tanks myself and I ended up kind of weening myself off the RDA back to the tanks for convenience. Almost felt like stepping down a nic level or two going back to 12mg in the tanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread