Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I just emailed my ticket on the loose board ProVari ... I told them to just ship the broken Provari and the brand new ProVari back to Florida.

seriously, I don't care whether they fix the loose board or not anymore ... I'm now concerned they will not deliver those 2 Provaris by May 24th.

I am more upset with myself for not following my original thought about buying a device that I knew I might not be able to update ... I just didn't figure it would happen within six months of release.

As I said, this is my own fault ... I saw this coming.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
@Vape360, Can you help WillyZee with his turnaround time problem?

I appreciate your help LB, however, everything will be fine ... I'm already cutting my losses on the P3 and the loose board Provari.

maybe one day ProVape will actually have something setup here in Toronto ... until then, that pawn shop 75 miles outside of the city is not going to see me stopping by anytime soon.

Reactions: AstroTurf

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm sorry about being negative when everyone else should be happy about their new P3s.

I should actually step aside from the P3 thread.

I should now be looking at this P3 as just another Provari ... and be truly thankful I only have the one :)

Edit : for those who don't know ... I have 11 of these ProVaris ... so I'm lucky there is only one P3 :)

To also make it clear what I was trying to do with ProVape ... I bought 2 brand new Provaris and sent them a loose board Provari ... they shipped 1 Dragon mini already and still have one new Provari and the loose board Provari at Provape ... all I'm trying to do is send them the P3 and have it updated and shipped to the Florida address on my account and arrive by the 23rd ... they still have to ship there anyway.

Cheers

Last edited:

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
the shipping cost is not the problem so much for me ... I want to send it to them and have them ship it back to Florida by the 24th.

They told me it would take longer than 9 days to update it :glare:

I'm actually regretting buying the P3 because of this upgrade I will not be able to get.

Hi WillyZee,

I'm guessing this was for the round trip shipping included in the quote for turn time. The day the device arrives to us, it's updated and returned, so there are no delays in house for updates. FL to WA is 3 days, and return is 3 days with priority mail, so I don't see that it would take 9 days. Let me know who you talked to and I can see what was quoted in the ticket.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
thanks for the response 360 ... I'm trying to send my P3, have it updated, shipped back to Florida within a couple weeks before I come back to Toronto ... I'll be in Florida from May 15-24.

There are 2 of my Provaris already at Provape ... I'm trying to add my P3 update to that order.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
thanks for the response 360 ... I'm trying to send my P3, have it updated, shipped back to Florida within a couple weeks before I come back to Toronto ... I'll be in Florida from May 15-24.

There are 2 of my Provaris already at Provape ... I'm trying to add my P3 update to that order.

And we're going to make that happen! I don't know what you were quoted in the ticket, it was probably a estimate based on shipping times with a weekend in there but I can assure you that we would not take that long to update. Got your PM and a CS rep will contact you in the AM to arrange everything. :banana:

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Vape360 to the rescue! I was going to say, ship it to me and I'll get it done at the same time I get mine done, and have it in Florida in time, and I'm all the way in California!

With that said, you know your P3 works as good as the day you bought it right? Be thankful you didn't get a DNA40 (complete with issues), since the DNA boards can't be updated at all. The DNA40 got a new feature (temperature lock), but you'll have to buy a new one to get that feature! On the flip side, my SXmini has been updated, by me, on my computer, for free, a couple times, and is getting another update soon. Sure would be nice if ProVape could figure out a way to let the end user perform the update, without adding an ugly USB port... But, a 1/2 hour drive is a lot better than having to buy a new one!

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I hope in the -somewhat- near future we see a watt increase

Not likely... In a regulated mod, the resistance of the coil is irrelevant to the current draw from the battery (but is relevant to the current draw through the electronics). A 0.5 ohm coil will draw exactly the same current from the battery as a 3 ohm coil, at the same wattage. Depending on the wattage limit of the device, and the voltage left in the battery, you can determine the current draw from the battery. Since the P3 takes 18350 batteries, and the early AW's were only rated for 6A, you won't find ProVape drawing more than 6A from the battery - most likely by limiting the cutoff voltage since the lower the remaining battery voltage, the higher the current draw to maintain the same power to the atomizer. That's why I, and others, have asked ProVape to make an 18650-only model.

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Vape360, MonsterKenny - I just thought of an easy upgrade path for those of us who want higher wattage. Have us send in our P3's, either make a new extension the size of 2 rings or simply keep the 2 rings, weld them permanently to the P3 so it can only ever accept an 18650, and update the "P3.1" for higher wattage. Easy enough to do, and another source of high-profit revenue for the work needed. Only you would have the higher wattage update, therefore you would control the safety of the modified P3. Yes, that would mean all future updates would require we send our P3's back to you for updating, but it would be worth it for us. Run that one by the engineers, and the marketing team...

NeoGoldenBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Not likely... In a regulated mod, the resistance of the coil is irrelevant to the current draw from the battery (but is relevant to the current draw through the electronics). A 0.5 ohm coil will draw exactly the same current from the battery as a 3 ohm coil, at the same wattage. Depending on the wattage limit of the device, and the voltage left in the battery, you can determine the current draw from the battery. Since the P3 takes 18350 batteries, and the early AW's were only rated for 6A, you won't find ProVape drawing more than 6A from the battery - most likely by limiting the cutoff voltage since the lower the remaining battery voltage, the higher the current draw to maintain the same power to the atomizer. That's why I, and others, have asked ProVape to make an 18650-only model.

Thanks, John.

While I'm no electric engineer, or similar, I understand what you mean. I do think, however, that there should be a way and definitely 18650 sounds like the way for that to happen.

Battery technology has not advanced that much and as well as we all would like, but there's even 18350 batteries in the market that can go from 10 to 14 amps.

Anyways only ProVape engineers can do something about it and figure out a way to do it, and when that happens (or maybe if that happens) many users will be even more satisfied with their P3s.

All in all, the P3 is the best regulated tube mod on the market.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
And we're going to make that happen! I don't know what you were quoted in the ticket, it was probably a estimate based on shipping times with a weekend in there but I can assure you that we would not take that long to update. Got your PM and a CS rep will contact you in the AM to arrange everything. :banana:

thanks 360 ... I am really impressed how both MK and yourself are going to make this happen.

I can ship it as early as tomorrow.

WillyZee, I'm really glad to see Provape saved the day, but then did any of us have any doubts whatsoever to begin with? I didn't that's for sure. I don't think there's a better company in the vape world out there and that's why I will be vaping on a Provape device as long as I vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread