• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Decided to tip my to into Sub-Vaping..COUGHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
I decided to try some sub-vapping.

I've got my self a Kanger SubTank Mini, SmokVCT with a smok Xpro M50 box mod.

Got some questions about the change.

1) It makes me cough like crazy when doing a little lung hit (i can do a straight long lunch hit with a evod using OC and I'm fine) I've been vapping for over 2 years now so not like I'm not use to vapour.

2) ) have this strange tingling on my tongue after taking a hit.

What am I doing wrong?

If you need more info let me know :)

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
K6C8SUo.jpg

Let me guess, you are still using the same nicotine level in your juice. More vapor, more nicotine absorption in your lungs and mouth, which will burn/tingle. Most people here who lung hit will use 6mg or even 3mg juice. Try lowering it and see if that helps.

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
I've been going low watts like 10-15

Etched on the coils it says 15-25w (as u can see in the image above)

So not sure. I'm using 90vg/10pg) (can't handle any higher PG)

Il try and knock some new jucie up tomorrow around 2mg nic and 0mg nic and see what the outcome is and post back.

Thanks for the input guys :)

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
I decided to try some sub-vapping.

I've got my self a Kanger SubTank Mini, SmokVCT with a Smok Xpro M50 box mod.

Got some questions about the change.

1) It makes me cough like crazy when doing a little lung hit (i can do a straight long lunch hit with a evod using OC and I'm fine) I've been vapping for over 2 years now so not like I'm not use to vapour.

2) ) have this strange tingling on my tongue after taking a hit.

What am I doing wrong?

If you need more info let me know :)
Try turning the watts down. You can go down to 12watts with the 1.2 ohm coils, and 15watts with the. 5ohm coil. That should help. The nicotine will hit you harder, too. I went down to keep from feeling dizzy.

Reactions: Bubblegum

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
My husband can't vape with a Subtank, he coughs, too. It's a mini aerotank for him. It does bother some people. And you can't get much lower than 10watts. What kind of Ejuice do you vape? If you have a good vaping budget I see that Five Pawns is now selling a new line that's made with a new ingredient. It's supposed to cater to people who are sensitive to pg.

Reactions: Bubblegum

Bubblegum

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
UK, Kent
Ok so iv'e made up 2 bottles of e-juice.

tried 2mg first in the SMOK VCT A1

Much more of a improvement! no tongue tingling! which was the most annoying thing.

I can get pretty good mouth to lung hits with the air flow on minimum, which I like and still plenty of vapour at 20 watts

With max air flow open and direct lung hit it does make me cough but not madly but then again I'm inhaling a lot of vapour!

dw117

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2014
Kernow
I agree with the others that lowering your nic will definitely help, and taking a faster draw is necessary with this kind of thing especially if you're used to slow slow slow evod draw.

But another thought I had was that the smok m50 says it can regulate from 3.7 volts and upwards, and while I don't own one, a lot of these type of mods don't have step down at all. So with that in mind, with a 0.5ohm OCC coil, which I find are actually closer to 0.6 ohms, you'll be actually vaping at about 23 watts or higher I reckon, regardless of what the mod says.

Do you get the same experience (vapour, warmth, throat hit etc) if you set it to 10, 15 or 20 watts? Because if I'm right they should all feel the same.

Try the 1.2 ohm coil as that will allow you to adjust the power lower on this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread