SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I've had my M class for a couple of weeks now and absolutely love it! Can someone explain exactly what the bypass mode is & how it's used?
Bypass mode basically gives you I believe 85 watts like a mechanical, so it bypasses all regulation and will just dump battery to the coil.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I've had my M class for a couple of weeks now and absolutely love it! Can someone explain exactly what the bypass mode is & how it's used?
It's not a true bypass of the battery but it is referred to as vaping while plugged in and charging. Unless you are referring to the mech mode Vlad is talkin about. Then you run on the actual battery voltage.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Actually a true pass thru by passes the battery. :)

There's not exactly a dictionary of e-cig terminology out there, nor is the term solely a technical one. It also has consumer meaning, which may not be the same as a technical one. For example, photocopying is a technical process involving the action of light on a electrically charged surface, but consumers use this term all the time with respect to "photocopiers" that use a digital scanner and laser printer. Thus, this can all lead to nice semantic disputes, depending on which perspective you wish to take. ;)

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
There's not exactly a dictionary of e-cig terminology out there, nor is the term solely a technical one. It also has consumer meaning, which may not be the same as a technical one. For example, photocopying is a technical process involving the action of light on a electrically charged surface, but consumers use this term all the time with respect to "photocopiers" that use a digital scanner and laser printer. Thus, this can all lead to nice semantic disputes, depending on which perspective you wish to take. ;)

Vaping Terminology

Ultimate Vaping Glossary

A - Z E-Cig Glossary | Guide To Vaping

Index - Vape Terminology and Definitions - onVaping

bombb.gif

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
regarding his reply.... no, the USB does NOT power the OUT to the atty...the battery does. But the USB is powering the battery while the battery is powering the atty. and that is what makes in dangerous.

That is scaremongering, and shows that you don't have any idea or understanding of how electronic circuits work.

Also, treating a known good supplier on ECF with contempt won't go down very well. Like yeah, you somehow know more than Varitube? There's a few like you that really put me off reading some of the ECF threads, quite successfully too.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL

Thanks for the links, they're useful. By dictionary, I meant something more like "Wiley Electrical and Electronics Engineering Dictionary", which is an authoritative published reference on technical terms, but online dictionaries can be informative if properly edited. Notably, these online dictionaries differ quite a bit on the subject of "passthrough". Also, some of them are arguably ambiguous (e.g., "provide constant power to the device" could be interpreted as merely the ability to charge, not vape.), which demonstrates the point about proper editing.

Reactions: Vlad1

nikos523

Oct 18, 2013
Greece
Hi.
I have the m class for a week and im quite satisfied with it.
I just have a problem with the adjust buttons and trying to find a solution with yihi (they literally rattle like hell).

Anyway, my real concern is the 510.
I use many attys with airflow from the 510 so I'm afraid that some liquid might get inside the mod.
I saw that yihi claimed that the 510 is 100% liquidproof (for the previous sx mini) but some people had liquid inside the mod, on top of the battery tube (again, for the previous sx).

So I searched this thread and I saw some devices disassembled, but I couldn't see the 510 from the inside.
Can someone that already opened the device check or test if any liquid can get inside the mod from the 510?

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all :)

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Hi.
I have the m class for a week and im quite satisfied with it.
I just have a problem with the adjust buttons and trying to find a solution with yihi (they literally rattle like hell).

Anyway, my real concern is the 510.
I use many attys with airflow from the 510 so I'm afraid that some liquid might get inside the mod.
I saw that yihi claimed that the 510 is 100% liquidproof (for the previous sx mini) but some people had liquid inside the mod, on top of the battery tube (again, for the previous sx).

So I searched this thread and I saw some devices disassembled, but I couldn't see the 510 from the inside.
Can someone that already opened the device check or test if any liquid can get inside the mod from the 510?

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all :)

I cant test it but from what I can see it seems to be a good solid tight connection. I've looked through the manual and don't find any reference to "100% liquid proof" so just from my observations I think if people are getting any juice down inside it would be due to negligence of keeping it halfway wiped down. After all it is a floating connection not solid and over time the center pin will wear on the rubber seal albeit minimal.

Reactions: nikos523

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I think the people who are running into the rattlesnake sound like Phil did are trying to run it like they did the dna40 and set the joules all the way and adjust temp to suit preference. That works pretty well on a dna40, but I think the sx350j is better suited to set a max temp and then adjust joules. I've never run into a rattlesnake sound doing it this way, even when I run my wick almost completely dry.

(note: I have no science to back this up, just my own observations and talking to other owners)
Me either. I run mine at 410 18J occasionally will up the J to 23-25 but not often. Great vape thinking about getting a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread