Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I was just curious because Iffy said something about them coming back and he wouldn't hesitate to do it again and I was just wondering if they could.
The way I understand it, cataracts are in the lens of the eye. So, there's no chance of cataracts when the lens is replaced by an artificial lens.

I had both of mine done 4 years ago and quite happy with the results. No glasses any more since I elected monovision, which is having a lens put in the dominant eye for distance vision and a lens in the other eye for close-up vision.

I didn't like the monovision set-up when I wore contacts, but the problems that existed then do not exist with the lens replacements. There is some really fine print which I still read better with a pair of cheap drugstore magnifying glasses (like the tiny-print instruction manuals that come with some vaping devices), but for computer stuff, books, magazines, even my iPhone, I need none.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
One proud mother here!

And at least one vet here proud of all ya'll!
thumbsup.gif

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
The way I understand it, cataracts are in the lens of the eye. So, there's no chance of cataracts when the lens is replaced by an artificial lens.

I had both of mine done 4 years ago and quite happy with the results. No glasses any more since I elected monovision, which is having a lens put in the dominant eye for distance vision and a lens in the other eye for close-up vision.

I didn't like the monovision set-up when I wore contacts, but the problems that existed then do not exist with the lens replacements. There is some really fine print which I still read better with a pair of cheap drugstore magnifying glasses (like the tiny-print instruction manuals that come with some vaping devices), but for computer stuff, books, magazines, even my iPhone, I need none.
a few years ago, I got 3D lasic, which does the same thing...
How strange though...
Mono-lasic is the same in both eyes, but mono lens Replacment is adjusted for each eye.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
As I packed up the equipment and removed the old photos, I took a few pictures .. like I said when I made the Tribute to TX, I believe everyone should have some sort of record, so I decided I was going to make one .. I hope no one feels I'm being pretentious .. I'm really not tooting my own horn, I just felt like I'd like to share a little with you on a few of the folks I've had the pleasure to have worked for over the years .. and as I put this together, I realized it was almost a tribute to the deceased .. I hope you like it ..

Found Willies Album post for those who haven't seen it

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL

Hope I didn't p... you off messing with you at the hangout. All in fun but, who are we gonna pick on when your new camera comes in? :lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hope Ken and I didn't scare you away the other day. We didn't have storms, but got some good rain last night. Wind keeps pickin up now and then today, so we'll likely get some more tonite.

Only if she was a waitress and tips weren't much! Even in early 80's I'd wait on a big family, who ran my legs off, left a huge mess, and be lucky if I got a dollar! and I was a good waitress. I still don't think that restaurants should rely on tips to pay folks' salary. Other businesses don't get away with that. A server in Tx, even now still only has a base pay of slightly over 2.00/hr that's horrible!! I think it's like 2.13 but not certain.

No, I was just doing some testing of my end. Not happy yet with some small parts of my hardware, but will either sort those out or replace them :)

Unmentioned in all the serving staff talk - many places, the servers tips count against a "base" wage. So even if paying the tab by credit / debit, I always leave cash tips. They can decide what to tell the boss, and higher ups!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Unmentioned in all the serving staff talk - many places, the servers tips count against a "base" wage
Jup.....and of course if the server has to tip the bartender, the bus boys.....and some places the hostesses.....that can really make a drain on what they get.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Good Night Deb, and sleep tight ... you're a very special woman .... :)
awwwwwww smoochies!! But was just sayin nitey nite to matt, I'll be up awhile truly enjoyed the chat tonite. Loved seeing all your mementos. well at least some of em

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
I have never in my entire life tipped less than 20%. But I am beginning to understand that I'm the exception, I have had a lot of friends that were waitresses and have always understood how it works.

Yeah, but you have to remember, that was over 30 years ago,and that was my first waitress job and I was dumb as dirt.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
All right, good people, after putzing around enough, packing the car, settling the animals, putting out the garbage and other odds and ends, I'm off to the island for another seven days of fun in the sun. BWAHAhahahahahaha... Breeze dog gets me every time! He KNOWS when I'm leaving, and he won't follow me outside. I guess he thinks if he doesn't move, I won't leave. I literally have to pick him up and take him to his pallet in the shed. Then he looks at me with those sad eyes. He really gets to me. I'll try to pop in when I can. Have fun all!!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I didn't go, because there is not much more there than I can do here. Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves.

I am making some major transitions in my personal life-- so my participation here is dwindling. Only temporary.

0mg, oh you are sooooooooooo wrong! We can talk faster than we can type, and all at the same time, too. The screen flicks over to the camera of whoever is making noise at the moment. Even if it's quiet & someone's chair squeaks the screen will flick over to them & we know who it was. Sometimes the screen flicks around pretty fast if we start to talk over each other! As if it doesn't know who to listen to first....we talk so much we confuse da Googlie thingie. :blink:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
No, I was just doing some testing of my end. Not happy yet with some small parts of my hardware, but will either sort those out or replace them :)

Unmentioned in all the serving staff talk - many places, the servers tips count against a "base" wage. So even if paying the tab by credit / debit, I always leave cash tips. They can decide what to tell the boss, and higher ups!
I try to but, lately I haven't been carrying cash. I use my credit or debit card for most everything. Just seems simpler, one swipe and gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread