Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Don't have too many tobaccos, so glad to see this thread.
Seems like HS is popular and I've added quite a few mentioned here to my order list.
(Desert Ship, Tab, No. 5, Highway, Virginia, Turkish, Red USA, Virginia TA)
What I do have is TFA. I mix them at 2%-3% then add various creams, nuts, caramel, butterscotch, sweetner.

Western: not bad, closer to an analog flavor.
RY4Dble: less fruity than many TFAs, slightly sweet with caramel and vanilla
Turkish: slightly fruity/floral, not bad
M Type: horribly chemical tasting.
DK: super fruity/floral and strong. Yuck! Gone to garbage.
CAP Smooth tobacco: mild, with light apple'ish' fruit.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
........ DK: super fruity/floral and strong. Yuck! Gone to garbage. .........

NO, NO, NO, now you need to go garbage diving lol. TFA Dk tobacco is a fantastic mixer. As little as .5% can be enough to add a little fruity, nutty, tobacco-ey, something or another to a mix. I use it at 1% along with other flavors quite often. Try this one on for size.

TFA Ry4D 8%
TFA DK Tobacco 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
TFA Brown Sugar Extra .5%
EM .5%
ACV 1 large drop per 5ml

Steep 4 wks, minimum. :vapor:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Just remember that Dark Tobacco is not intended as an standalone (although I have used it and liked it) - it is used to enhance (they say to double) tobacco flavors.

Would you suggest using this like a TA where a few drops goes a long way?

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
NO, NO, NO, now you need to go garbage diving lol. TFA Dk Tobacco is a fantastic mixer. As little as .5% can be enough to add a little fruity, nutty, tobacco-ey, something or another to a mix. I use it at 1% along with other flavors quite often. Try this one on for size.

TFA Ry4D 8%
TFA DK Tobacco 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
TFA Brown Sugar Extra .5%
EM .5%
ACV 1 large drop per 5ml

Steep 4 wks, minimum. :vapor:

Ha! Well, I've got 60+ flavors now, 20 more on the list.
Previously only tossed 1, TFA honey....yikes!
So to toss 1 more is an excellent good/bad ratio 58/2.
Just a tiny wiff of either of those = close to hurl. Ha!

Reactions: JD1

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Would you suggest using this like a TA where a few drops goes a long way?
If you are talking about the TA's from Inawera, I would say no, not the same thing or concentration. Lets say you are making 120 ml of any tobacco mix (hangsen's, Inawera's, whatever, with or without TA's), just add 1% of Dark Tobacco. I usually do before my mixes happen, lets say I have 500ml of nicotine compound at 12mg/ml nic (the strenght I vape), then I add 1% of TA to it, because I already know I will be making only tobacco flavors from there. It works wonders (at least to me), you can use this mix to make any tobacco formula using whatever manufacturer you like.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Yesterday I received 4 Tobacco Flavorings. Two are Inawera Tobacco Absolutes from Vapers Tek. Two are from Flavorah.

Below are some simple observations of the contents.

Inawera Wera Garden Garuda Tobacco Absolute
Color - Farily intesnse gold / blush
Consistency - Thin, transparent, clear
Nose - Oaky woody, licorice, anice

Inawer Wera Garden Virgina Tobacco Absolute
Color - Intensly dark
Consistency - Thin, obscure
Nose - Light musty, a hint of sweet

Flavorah Cured Tobacco
Color - Dark
Consistency - Thin, obscure
Nose - Woody, sweet

Flavorah Virginia Tobacco
Color - Pale gold
Consistency - Thin, transparent, clear
Nose - Light cigarette essense

None of the above is expert or is meant to suggest how they may taste. ...sort of a first impression.

I intend on mixing 10ml of each. ...a couple of drops (suggestiosns?) per 10ml of the Inawera flavors and 5% for the Flavorah flavorings for starters. I'll try to post further impressions upon vaping.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I've been following this debate over Inawera Dark tobacco and am a bit confused. Some say is minty, some say it has chocolate others say it's potent and should be used as a tobacco base kinda like you do with TA, others say it's a main stream kinda tobacco.
I noticed there are actually 2 types of inawera dark tobacco one being the inawera "wera garden dark tobacco" and the other being the standard gold label inawera "tobacco dark chocolate". Could it be we are speaking of both and just not being clear which is being referred to? Being that I've never tried it I would assume the wera garden dark tobacco should not have any mint taste to it at all while the tobacco dark chocolate may have a mint or at least the chocolate being conceived as that mint taste.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdT586

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
I've been following this debate over Inawera Dark tobacco and am a bit confused. Some say is minty, some say it has chocolate others say it's potent and should be used as a tobacco base kinda like you do with TA, others say it's a main stream kinda tobacco.
I noticed there are actually 2 types of inawera dark tobacco one being the inawera "wera garden dark tobacco" and the other being the standard gold label inawera "dark tobacco chocolate". Could it be we are speaking of both and just not being clear which is being referred to? Being that I've never tried it I would assume the wera garden dark tobacco should not have any mint taste to it at all while the dark tobacco chocolate may have a mint or at least the chocolate being conceived as that mint taste.

I think those posting should indicate if the concentrate they got was factory blistered pack bottled or re-bottled from a third party. Too many variables with re-bottled stuff such as best before dates, is it even the correct stuff in it or if the vendor was missing a ML here and there they might add something else just to get the order out or contaminated funnels and pipettes used in the bottling etc...

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I think those posting should indicate if the concentrate they got was factory blistered pack bottled or re-bottled from a third party. Too many variables with re-bottled stuff such as best before dates, is it even the correct stuff in it or if the vendor was missing a ML here and there they might add something else just to get the order out or contaminated funnels and pipettes used in the bottling etc...

It was stated earlier that the concentrate was in the original sealed manufactures packaging and the debate was over flavor profile. The flavoring was bought some time ago and originally had no mint taste so the question is could the flavor have changed so much over time. Where did the distinctive mint taste come from. The original flavor profile has no mint in it. Cross contamination also did come up and was discussed and determined that there was no cross contamination. I just bought up the point to confirm that we're all talking about the same product.

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I have the exact same bottle DeRogg posted a picture of and received it within the last month. Since then I did some research and this is from the Inawera web site.

Flavour used to aromatise UNIVERSAL base.
Dark Tobacco from Inawera 10 ml. Flavour of a characteristic „tobacco” taste, quite dense and heavy.
Recomended dosage is 1%.
This will change the taste of each flavour.
Added to the tobacco flavour increases its tobacco taste and causes scorching in the throat.

This is telling me its an aromatise such as a Tobacco Absolute and should be used as a flavor enhancer, not as a stand alone. I mixed it up as a stand alone so that might be the problem. Today I mixed up a 10 ml batch to try.

%5 Latika
1% Dark Tobacco
1% Samara TA
1% DNB

At the moment its going thru its second 30 min 50W UC steep and later today will give it a try and report back on how it is.

Reactions: JD1

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I have the exact same bottle DeRogg posted a picture of and received it within the last month. Since then I did some research and this is from the Inawera web site.

Flavour used to aromatise UNIVERSAL base.
Dark Tobacco from Inawera 10 ml. Flavour of a characteristic „tobacco” taste, quite dense and heavy.
Recomended dosage is 1%.
This will change the taste of each flavour.
Added to the tobacco flavour increases its tobacco taste and causes scorching in the throat.

This is telling me its an aromatise such as a Tobacco Absolute and should be used as a flavor enhancer, not as a stand alone. I mixed it up as a stand alone so that might be the problem. Today I mixed up a 10 ml batch to try.

%5 Latika
1% Dark Tobacco
1% Samara TA
1% DNB

At the moment its going thru its second 30 min 50W UC steep and later today will give it a try and report back on how it is.

That makes sense. If to much is used it would have a far different taste then the profile description. Sounds like it should only be used as a tobacco flavor enhancement like TA. Keep us posted I am almost courious enough to purchase it:)

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
That makes sense. If to much is used it would have a far different taste then the profile description. Sounds like it should only be used as a tobacco flavor enhancement like TA. Keep us posted I am almost courious enough to purchase it:)
Danny, at least I've been talking about Inawera's Wera Garden Dark Tobacco, and I believe the others too.
To me, it makes a great tobacco base.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014

Ok guys, I am vaping the lakita blend with Dark Tobacco in it and I am very impressed. The flavor just explodes and not a single hint of mint to it. Very very sweet vape and I feel like I am picking up a hint of a molasses in the vape. The Lakita was good before and a keeper, now its outstanding with Dark Tobacco in it. I would seriously suggest trying the Lakita recipe without the Dark Tobacco and then with it and you would be amazed at the difference it makes. A thousand thanks Art for educating me on Dark Tobacco and its usage.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Ok guys, I am vaping the lakita blend with Dark Tobacco in it and I am very impressed. The flavor just explodes and not a single hint of mint to it. Very very sweet vape and I feel like I am picking up a hint of a molasses in the vape. The Lakita was good before and a keeper, now its outstanding with Dark Tobacco in it. I would seriously suggest trying the Lakita recipe without the Dark Tobacco and then with it and you would be amazed at the difference it makes. A thousand thanks Art for educating me on Dark Tobacco and its usage.

Great, chopdoc, I'm glad you like it (I am a fan of Inawera's Dark Tobacco) can you share your recipe?

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Great, chopdoc, I'm glad you like it (I am a fan of Inawera's Dark Tobacco) can you share your recipe?

%5 Latika
1% Dark Tobacco
1% Samara TA
1% DNB

Have a batch in the UC now with Virginia TA and %1 oak i am waiting to try! It was a batch already mixed that I added Dark Tobacco to.

Reactions: Art Mustel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread