Official Squape R[eloaded] thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
here we go, some details have appeared on the website!!

So who's getting?
I will absolutely get this. I really am trying to be a little more (for lack of a better word) 'mindful' of what I purchase in vape gear. But this I will get. I thought about getting just a base for my nano and bell tanks. But getting this tank would negate the need for just the base and still fill my needs and give me an additional high-quality SS tank.

I look at the complexity of my K4 and then there's this simple simple tank in comparison that is just so amazing. This purchase is really going to be a no brainer for me.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I was reading several posts back as I am only on from time to time and here are my thoughts on some vaping topics:

TP is great if you are a freight train chain vaper as I am. It's not for everyone, and most certainly unobtainable in most regulated mods offered currently.

As also mentioned previously is it healthier TP vs non TP, Nickel vs Kanthal, vs Nichrome, well I don't think any one resistance material is ultimately going to be "healthier" than the next (no scientific data here just opinion). I mean in theory Nickle has perhaps the least impurities of the 3 wires, but healthier...well I guess when you do studies on lab rats and subject them to 500 times what a human being can intake in a lifetime, ANYTHING can be harmful!

Lets face it vaping is not safe, it's far safer than smoking, period, end of discussion; there are health risks associated with any inhalation of any foreign substance other than the air we breathe, and lets face it depending where you live some of that is pretty darn nasty!

We also have to face the fact that regardless of what we do, vaping e-liquids will be regulated or at the very least taxed by 2016 years end, fact is it's going to happen.

Now then we could get a vape friendly president in office and who knows maybe, just maybe it would be left alone taxation wise, but there will be some sort of regulation of the production of e-liquids because humans are consuming it, period!

I mean I don't want any more government into anything more than they already are into, but this aspect is really inevitable, really!

Am I saying just keep your head in the sand, do nothing?

Heck no, vote, make educated choices, and take a stand where you can, by all means! :thumb:

I didn't post this to start a debate, or be a doomsayer...I'm in my 50' and I've watched this great country of ours change a whole lot, and it's not done yet!

Education and knowledge are power; I mean I was having a conversation with a 29 year old the other day and he was unaware that our great country had no federal income tax until WWII, which was supposed to stop afterwards, but the people didn't stand up and demand it end!

It was initiated to fund the war effort and was to stop when WWII had come to an end, but a person more than half my age, seemingly fairly intelligent had no knowledge of this!

It's simple all, be wise, educate yourselves, and vote, and vote wisely as it can make a difference, no change isn't going to stop, but change for the better is what America is all about, and that certainly hasn't been the trend for many, many years!

The Squape R is one of the very best RTA' out there and I love it, minor issues and all!

Simple is almost ALWAYS better!

Again this is just my humble opinion!

Vape, vote, research, be happy!
:toast: :vapor:

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Finally managed to get my grubby hands on a SQuape R and when it arrived, immediately set about getting it set up with the S deck that it came with and was disappointed to say the least. I started with a 1.2 ohm - 2.5mm coil, slid some cotton in and trimmed it like I've seen everyone else doing and it wasn't wicking worth a damn. Tried different builds, amounts of cotton and silica, all with the same result. Now I had ordered the D deck, which arrived this morning, swapped the decks over and put a 1.0 ohm dual coil in cottoned it up and it is now vaping like a dream at 18 watts. I'm now officially a SQuape R fan-boy

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
2.5 mm coil for the S deck seems a bit big, seeing as the channels are about 2 mm, so that might've been causing the problems you had with the it. I used 2 mm coils on the S deck and now 2.5 mm on the W deck and both were/are vaping absolutely amazing, so it can be done :)
Glad to hear that the D deck is a success for you - must make the SQuape even more thirsty though :D

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
A note about wicking:

I have used Ready X Wick for over a year and have found it to be the best wicking material out there!

No flavor or hazards, and it cannot be destroyed by heat!

Now about cotton, I always build my first few builds with KGD cotton, as it is a superior material, also has no flavor, and wicks exquisitely....the downside...
it burns!

After I'm happy with a build, I use RXW if possible, some of my RDA' are just not suited for ANY braided wicking material...just saying...

With my Squape B deck I use RXW as the primary wick, and KGD cotton to fill the juice wells, works pretty sweet....again....

IMHO

:toast:

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Ready X Wick... is that the stuff they won't let out of the country? :p

B deck, 3mm 24g Ti grade 1 coil, 5 wraps ~0.21, cotton wick. Set up pretty much standard, although I see a bunch of people have the coil legs at the top, whereas I have mine at the bottom and let the coil sit a tad higher. Vaping nicely!
Not sure why some people are getting such bad leaking, I've only had a couple and both times it was juice holes not covered by cotton.
Thus far what I've learned from titanium is it likes a lot more wick than nickel. And that 3x30g twisted Ti is so damn springy! lol

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Ready X Wick... is that the stuff they won't let out of the country? [emoji14]

B deck, 3mm 24g Ti grade 1 coil, 5 wraps ~0.21, cotton wick. Set up pretty much standard, although I see a bunch of people have the coil legs at the top, whereas I have mine at the bottom and let the coil sit a tad higher. Vaping nicely!
Not sure why some people are getting such bad leaking, I've only had a couple and both times it was juice holes not covered by cotton.
Thus far what I've learned from titanium is it likes a lot more wick than nickel. And that 3x30g twisted Ti is so damn springy! lol
Really? They won't mail that out of country?

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Ready X Wick... is that the stuff they won't let out of the country? :p

Yes this, that is it!

The same technology used to treat the Space Shuttle heat shields, and our ICBM heat shields is used in heat treating the ceramic wick.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Really? They won't mail that out of country?

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

Nope!

$750,000.00 fine for each offense!

It's $8.00 a foot, they run specials all the time, but...BUT you cannot destroy it!

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
@tmcguffie - the W deck is a great deck to have in your arsenal too. I've never used the S deck because I had a choice of decks when I bought and I went with the W. I knew I wanted to use the squape as my nickel machine so I'm glad I had a choice.

You know I have never used anything but nickel in my SqR. I might need to pull out the B deck and throw a Kanthal build on and taker for a vape.

I stuff stuff stuff my wick with KGD, so I wonder if I would like this 'Ready Wick Cotton' and if I could stuff enough in there to keep my wick as saturated as I do with KGD?

I'm a MTL guy and I know that using the 'bowtie' method helps keep the coil saturated and under temp with what I almost consider a reserve of ejuice so close to the coil in the upper part of the bowtie, and with the capillary action of this cotton being so good that it instantly feeds my coil that little extra juice it needs to keep it under temp. When you don't have that extra airflow over the coil because you're not doing lung hits, I think this helps...alot.

Okay, maybe I over analyzed it a bit... But who cares if it works, right? I mean there is a lot of juice held up in that bowtie ;)

Is this ready wick made of cotton, or what materials is it made from? I guess I can Google it.

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
2.5 mm coil for the S deck seems a bit big, seeing as the channels are about 2 mm, so that might've been causing the problems you had with the it. I used 2 mm coils on the S deck and now 2.5 mm on the W deck and both were/are vaping absolutely amazing, so it can be done :)
Glad to hear that the D deck is a success for you - must make the SQuape even more thirsty though :D
Yea you are probably right, I will try the S deck again at some point but I've been hammering this setup all day (been off work) and it's great. It will go through more liquid I'm sure, but I've been making up my own DIY juice for a while, so feeding the beast is no hassle

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus
I will absolutely get this. I really am trying to be a little more (for lack of a better word) 'mindful' of what I purchase in vape gear. But this I will get. I thought about getting just a base for my nano and bell tanks. But getting this tank would negate the need for just the base and still fill my needs and give me an additional high-quality SS tank.

I look at the complexity of my K4 and then there's this simple simple tank in comparison that is just so amazing. This purchase is really going to be a no brainer for me.

Yeah I'm with ya, I need something smaller for my 'stealth' setup and was willing to forgo windows and use the nano, but from the specs the Rs will be the exact same size, so I guess that's that decision made.

I'm planning to use this as the mod XvoStick (shipping in 6-9 weeks) - Mini ECIG seems like the Rs should sit at a nice height with the 35mm deep atty hole

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Yeah I'm with ya, I need something smaller for my 'stealth' setup and was willing to forgo windows and use the nano, but from the specs the Rs will be the exact same size, so I guess that's that decision made.

I'm planning to use this as the mod XvoStick (shipping in 6-9 weeks) - Mini ECIG seems like the Rs should sit at a nice height with the 35mm deep atty hole

Can't wait for my XvoStick to be shipped out too, should look nice with a bell cap Squape. :)

Reactions: dems86

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
I had my brother-in-law over tonight, whom I helped with his first ever rebuildable. He's the one who actually turned me on to vaping almost a year ago and he's never used an RBA. He expressed an interest last night when he was over helping me install a new ceiling fan in my bedroom and saw my Squape for the first time.

It was actually a lot of fun building with someone for the first time. I wish my first time would have been with someone who sort of knew what they were doing instead of sitting in front of a You Tube video hitting rewind and pause a million times.

I gave him my very first RBA I had ever built, a black Russian 91%. Man does that thing have a tiny build deck. It's nothing like the Squape. Love the squape build deck!!!

Which brings me to the point of this post. While he was building the Russian, I rebuilt my Squape and when I threw it on my Flask to get an initial reading it registered .5 I've never had it read that high before with nickel. I was expecting closer to .13 or there abouts. I'm like that's totally wrong. I reexamined my coil and it looked fine. I looked at my 510 pin and it was just about flush with the post. So I did a full turn and brought it out about 1mm above the post and reattached it and sure enough it registered at .13. Having that 510 pin in just the right position is so important when using nickel on the Squape, as has been pointed out many times throughout this thread. So if you're having issues with resistance, I say keep adjusting your 510 until it reads about where you think it should be.

Once adjusted to the right position, it's solid. No weird refinement. For some reason It really brought it home to me tonight on how important a solid 510 connection is with nickel. And how just slight variances with the PIN would change the resistance quite a bit.

At least when you position the 510 pin in the SqR it doesn't move like it does in some of my other tanks. I have some 510s that will tighten or loosen when screwing on the tank. But other than that, I think the squape is such a solid device for nickel builds that I can't recommend it enough. Get that 510 pin just right and it's perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread