Different nicotine consumption by devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I would soo appreciate if someone can help me understand what is happening so i can rectify and adjust the problem. Being new to vaping i started off with 6mg with a triton pen. Decided that was not enough and went up to 12mg and that seemed to work. No matter how much i vaped i didn't have a problem. I have asthma so i am use to lightly drawing off of my cigs...so i treat vaping the same and avoid inhaling as much as possible.

Now i have a itaste 3.0 with a nautilus that i vape the same way..yet the nic of both 12mg and even 6mg makes me sick, dizzy and light headed with a headache and i don't feel right at all when it happens. I have it set to 3.7v and have even tried 3mg of nic, it still happens after vaping on it the same way i do the triton.

This doesn't happen immediately, but like clockwork it hits around 3-4 hours into the day of vaping and according to the puff count...that is about 30 puffs in for me over a 4 hour time span. I just don't get what is going on with the nicotine consumption difference..if i was going for more cloud vapor i could see it producing more nicotine consumption with the increased draws, but nothing has change on my end in that regard.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi DeAnna. Honestly I don't know specifically what is causing the issues. The symptoms are very familiar to nicotine levels too high. The variable is the asthma. The pg/vg levels of the juice could be an issue along with the nicotine. The rule of thumb is the better the device the lower you want the nicotine level. I had an increase in my juice usage when I graduated to the Nautilus Mini (I have 4 and love them), and the more juice you consume the more nic you are getting. It's quite possible you are getting used to more vape. The only things I can suggest would be to go back to the pen for a day and track how much vape juice you use, and compare it to a day with the better tanks. You might try looking in the search box above your name and Avitar on the right top corner of the page and search "asthma" to see if there is anything related to this health issue. Or browse here :

HEALTH QUITTING Health, Safety and Vaping | E-Cigarette Forum

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck in your vape journey.

Reactions: KattMamma

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
Thank you for your suggestions. It also has dawned on me that i use the tightest airflow setting because i am a mouth hitter...maybe that is causing a heavier saturation of liquid to come into the coils to evaporate. It just feels like the nicotine level is lingering for too long and building up in my system with each puff til it peaks at a level that makes me ill hours later. I just can't imagine how anyone who smoked two packs of marlboro reds a day like me could be having this problem.
Yeah i can't figure it out..though i am questioning if it's the nicotine quality or purity being used possibly. Seriously considering switching over to a DIY method, that way i know the quality and level of purity that is going into my vaping liquid and can maybe narrow down what is going on.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
It does sound like too much nic. I still OD occasionally (having a bad day and chain vaping usually). I lay off and it passes quickly enough. But, I don't know how your asthma and/or asthma medications may come into play.

If you DIY, you'll have so much more control - maybe you only need 2 nic, or even 1 nic. With DIY, you can do that! I would also suggest a nic testing kit to be certain of nic content.

Good luck to you - I hope you find the culprit and are easily able to fix the problem.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I think DIY is really going to be the best option for me the more i think about it. I have a slew of problems ranging from allergies, asthma, auto immune inflammatory conditions, blooding clotting disorders and dangerously high cholesterol due to familial hypercholesterolemia at work here...which is even more reason why i just gotta invest the time and go through the trials and errors needed to find what works for me..smoking is just not a option anymore especially now that i am also in early stages of COPD. Maybe i am having an allergic reaction, maybe it's the nicotine, something in the flavoring, PG/VG.....i will never know unless i break down the ingredients and slowly introduce them one by one.

Well this are to be an interesting little adventure, especially playing around with toxic nicotine liquid :cry:...but i guess DIY it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread