eRoll-C "Like sucking a milkshake through a straw"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Does anyone else find that their eRoll or eRoll-C has a harder draw when switching from a SR atomiser to a LR one? I have been trying to work out why this may be, but no joy. I would expect the LR atty to produce an easier draw because it is burning liquid faster, however, the draw definitely slows down for me.

Read elsewhere on this forum that the SR atiies have three slots in the wicking pin and that the LR atties only have one. But both my SR and LR atties have three slots, so should wick and draw the same. I asked joyetech customer service about this and was advised that there shouldn't be a difference but that there may be a slight structural difference between SR and LR...but whatever it is wasn't made clear.

If I could get an SR draw from an LR attie that would be all my eRoll problems sorted.

I don't use the the LR atomizers. They don't seem to add too much power (perhaps reaches amp limit?), and using them, some of the batteries go into that 10-second activation people get so annoyed with. That has never happened to me with the SR atomizers. Not once. I've had that same experience when using LR atties on other cig-a-likes, also never with SR with those.

BTW, I haven't noticed any difference in draw between eroll with SR and LR, but have always found slight to moderate differences among all of them.

Reactions: Jin_888

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I guess it could my pack of LRs from Totally Wicked UK, where I also got the kit with badly cut air channels in the cartridges. I only got it from them due to sale price, and do wonder if I ordered the kit directly from Joyetech whether I would have experienced the need to start this thread!

btw Joyetech UK seem to be doing a clearance sale of eRoll-C now. I should stock up on spare parts now as this could mean it's going to be discontinued...

brmn

May 18, 2015
Hey thanks for posting this Jin_888

Last night I bought the silver eRoll-C starter kit from TotallyWicked and then I came upon this thread.

Worried that I would receive a dysfunctional unit (what's the deal with this anyways? could it be a counterfeit?), I cancelled my order and got a refund before it shipped.

I had a regular eRoll for about 6 months and absolutely loved it. Then, after time, I started having leaking issues.. it didn't seem as if my attys were charging like they used to.. (basically what happens with normal eCigs without proper maintenance and care!) so I ended up getting rid of it.

Wanted an "upgrade" for an occasional vape (maybe a couple times a day), and decided on the eRoll-C.

But now that I cancelled and am seeing that a bunch of sites have it either discounted or out of stock (even the official joyetech website is embarrassingly low on eRoll stock), am not sure what I'm going to do.

Considering just getting the eRoll from TotallyWicked, but if their stock may be defunct I probably shouldn't bother.:yawn:

Reactions: Jin_888

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Hey thanks for posting this Jin_888

Last night I bought the silver eRoll-C starter kit from TotallyWicked and then I came upon this thread.

Worried that I would receive a dysfunctional unit (what's the deal with this anyways? could it be a counterfeit?), I cancelled my order and got a refund before it shipped.

I had a regular eRoll for about 6 months and absolutely loved it. Then, after time, I started having leaking issues.. it didn't seem as if my attys were charging like they used to.. (basically what happens with normal eCigs without proper maintenance and care!) so I ended up getting rid of it.

Wanted an "upgrade" for an occasional vape (maybe a couple times a day), and decided on the eRoll-C.

But now that I cancelled and am seeing that a bunch of sites have it either discounted or out of stock (even the official joyetech website is embarrassingly low on eRoll stock), am not sure what I'm going to do.

Considering just getting the eRoll from TotallyWicked, but if their stock may be defunct I probably shouldn't bother.:yawn:

Sorry late reply! I guess I am a little bit shallow as I only visit and post on the forum when I need to find out something or have a question to ask The good news is that I have been using my eRoll-c with few problems since getting used to the tight draw. The bad news is that the tip of a wooden toothpick broke off in the air hole of one of my two e-rolls causing a blockage that can't be removed - so now i only have one (however replacement batteries are extremely cheap now!).

Anyway, I just wanted to give my opinion on the reason why the eRoll-C is being discounted by both Joyetech and vendors. I think the primary reason was the similarity in price between eRoll-C kits and the launch of the (still relatively new) Joyetech Ego One. Since the latter obviously outperforms the Eroll-C by a wide margin, it made no sense to pay roughly the same amount of money for an eRoll -C. Therefore Joyetech had to bring the price down to create balance, and the Joyetech UK site currently has eRoll-C kits and parts selling at a 50% discount. So if you want an eRoll-C or accessories, now is a very good time to stock up for a while, because I have a feeling that Joyetech will probably decide to discontinue the line in the near future.

Note that this discount doesn't apply to the atomisers- a pack of 5 eRoll-C heads are still more expensive than a pack of 5 Ego One heads! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread