• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bill 45 Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Last edited:

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
So does this mean by January 2017 "vape Shops" as we know it will be gone? Does this also interfere with online sales?... This doesn't sound good...

"the legislation prohibits the sale of e-cigarettes to those under 19, makes their use in non-smoking areas illegal and forbids vendors from advertising or promoting their sale."

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
is this the national post article about the hookah ( for some reason I could not link from your post) or a different article in the post that you refer too?

I believe it's different there's no hookah mentioned. It's about this:

"The Making Healthier Choices Act passed with the near widespread support of the three parties in a 99-1 vote. Conservative MPP Randy Hillier acted as the sole opposition."

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
So basically you wouldn't get anywhere by voting a different party. Except maybe the PC, since they promised massive layoffs in the govt sector and maybe, maybe some of those busybodies in the "public health" division would well deservedly lose their jobs.
Carmel it is the money, always was, always will be and while "they" are sorting out how to keep the cash cow coming for everyone BP BT BG even the outlaws BC shall make a few dollars in the grey market similar to prohibition, everybody is set to win on this deal- except the poor, the elderly, the disenfranchised -of course I shall batten down the hatches and look out for número uno but I am so sorry I have to.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Well, I blamed the US vaping situation on the TMSA (Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement) and the bonds for them. Looks like we have our own governmental addiction to tax revenue related to traditional smoking.

I firmly believe that no matter what they do, they are going to lose a VERY large portion of that tax in a very short timeframe. And DIY is dead easy no matter what laws they pass. They're going to have to find somewhere else to draw that tax from soon, even if they try and tax vaping.

BigBoyBlue

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Canada
Does anyone know the extent to which the government will enforce this act? I understand that internet promotion will end. Does anyone think that well known foreign sites will be blocked in Canada? I currently get all my suppliers from foreign countries whether it is for DIY or hardware. I doubt they will block these sites but if anyone has any information on this it would be greatly appreciated. I am wondering if I need to stock up a bit more than I already am.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
As I understand it, the Bill has to go through a final approval process but that is a formality. The Act itself is the basis of regulation. It is the regulation that will have the teeth for enforcement. Acts are legislative and form the basis of regulation. It is through regulation that laws are enforced. So its a stay tuned situation. As it stands now the Act supports complete regulation options equivalent to tobacco cigarettes.

I have some theories about how to get around such a regulation as there are options with mods and e-liquid that don't exist with tobacco cigarettes which I am sure everyone here can extrapolate, but this forum is not a place to discuss it given its policies and the fact that we probably have ANTZ and enforcement lurkers gathering intel.

Reactions: Ryedan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread