Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
LOL.......I just don't need another ATTY now, so it's easier to build my walls early! Yes it is!
You must work all day and night. Don't you ever come home and relax in front of the TV or put a little music on and enjoy a vape?

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
You must work all day and night. Don't you ever come home and relax in front of the TV or put a little music on and enjoy a vape?

The life of a recruiter is always on. Here's how I spend my evenings. Laptop to one side. iPad to the other. iPhone in between. And in between working, I keep up with the forum, I watch TV and vape.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

I like the Magma for that or just old style plain dripping on a 306, if I'm not using one on a Reo or Phidias. I have too many toys, Yes I do!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The Achilles is a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (RDA). I know some of us on this thread use drippers but many don't. I've been dripping since I started vaping three years ago. Though not a lot because I tired of being tethered to a juice bottle. But dripping atomizers have come a long way from those 510 versions starting with the Phoenix which gave you a little drip well that held 12 drops of eliquid. Well, we've come a long way from that even. There is every kind of dripping atomizer you can imagine now. Some are built for flavor, some for cloud chasing. I'm not a cloud chaser. I go for flavor. And the best drippers today IMO for flavor are those that offer direct-to-coil airflow. Sound familiar? It should. It's the same air system Kayfun popularized. And the dripping world (like every other atty world) stole the concept from the Kayfun and incorporated it in drippers. There are a number of drippers that have direct-to-coil airflow. Magma, Marquis, Viking, Plume Veil, Veritas, others. I'm a big Veritas fan myself. There were two problems with drippers that prevented them from being real popular. One, they leak like sieves. Two, they had low capacity. That's all changed now.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
There are zillions of drippers out there. I'm relegating my discussion to direct-to-coil airflow RDAs only because IMO they produce the best flavor. But to each their own. Perhaps the first RDA with direct-to-coil airflow that made it big was the Magma. It was another notch up for the flavor chasers. Then there was the Plume Veil, and another one or two more. It gave you that boost of flavor from the direct airflow and also an increased juice well that held 1 - 2ml of eliquid. However, they still leaked like sieves. That had to stay upright or liquid would come out the airhole. Well, Veritas solved that problem by locating the air hole in the center of the chamber so juice could not reach it. A very clever design and why it is my favorite dripper (I hate leaky attys). The other leakproof dripper is the Achilles. I like it very much.

Very simple design
Very easy to build
Largest capacity of all drippers
Excellent flavor
Does NOT leak
Very light
Sharp looking

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The Achilles was made by a joint in the Ukraine. I don't know what happened to them but you cannot find authentics anymore. Can't find clones either except for this one (Yeahsmo). The link I provided earlier will take you to the page. Only $25. The Achilles is one of the better kept secrets in the vape gear arena. Let me say this, however. It has a tight draw even wide open. If you need a lot of airflow, don't waste your time with this atty. If you need dual coil, don't waste your time with this atty. It is a single coil design. if you need lots of air or dual coil ability then get the Veritas. The Achilles is not for you. I don't know the exact capacity yet but it is pretty healthy. I know the description says 2.5mm but it might be more. I will get an exact measurement tomorrow. For those of you who are big on cosmetics, this is sharp looking, titanium RDA. Have to believe it looks great on a Ti P3. And very light. I like it!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I was just conversing with my lady friend who bought an authentic Achilles a half year ago. This is the website where you get authentics. But it seems they are always out of stock though she says some stuff shows up now and again. You can always write them and get the skinny.

Titanium mods from Ukraine - Titanium mods from Ukraine

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks @Bronze...not much of an RDA fan but I'm a sucker for Titanium. Just tried to order the Achilles clone but hit a PP snag so I've opened a ticket with them. And I've bookmarked the Ukraine site for future drooling sessions. ;)
Siam, RDA's have really improved over the last few years. This Achilles holds a full 2.5mls (according to my lady friend who actually measured max capacity). That's pretty generous for a dripper. And it wont leak. This really addressed the shortcomings of drippers. Remember, the airflow is tight on these. I think I'm going to dissect my Achilles and see if I can open it up. I'm guessing the center pin will be a show stopper but I'm gonna look and see anyway. I'm OK with it but just curious. Of course Titanium Mods offers a variety of attys. just don't know if you can find them in stock.

Reactions: Siam Diesel

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Rob_caveman.jpg

Caption contest​

Was that really necessary?

(and that's my entry...)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks @Bronze...not much of an RDA fan but I'm a sucker for Titanium. Just tried to order the Achilles clone but hit a PP snag so I've opened a ticket with them. And I've bookmarked the Ukraine site for future drooling sessions. ;)
My friend says Titanium Mods is good about responding to email. Nice guy she says.

Reactions: Siam Diesel

Siam Diesel

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Thailand
www.thailandvapers.com
Siam, RDA's have really improved over the last few years. This Achilles holds a full 2.5mls (according to my lady friend who actually measured max capacity). That's pretty generous for a dripper. And it wont leak.
I've just manged to place an order for the Achilles clone...should be here in a week or so and am looking forward to giving it a spin. Thanks for the recommendation! I'm definitely a mouth-to-lung flavor vapor first although I can take direct lung hits with the Subtank Mini & Delta II. Right now, I've got a Derringer on top of an SMPL...use it at the house to sample juices. It leaks a bit but it's manageable and I like the convenience so I'm looking forward to trying the Achilles...2.5 ml gives you a chance to really see what the juice tastes like.

My friend says Titanium Mods is good about responding to email. Nice guy she says.
I signed up for a notification when the original Achilles is back in stock. By then, I figure I'll know whether I want to drop the $$$ for a real one.

Reactions: Bronze

Arnold Ziffle

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
San Quentin
I really like the mini drip from mini ecig. great build quality. holds 2.5 mils. won't leak if laid on its side. six different size air holes for mouth to lung hits. only 35 dollars for a nice authentic. almost forgot, the top cap is a quarter turn twist off.
the glass section is optional.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The same is true of wanting to quit smoking. One has to be resolved to stop lighting those cancer causing death sticks or one won't succeed. I wanted to as I'm sure did just about everyone on this thread.

Not me, I liked to smoke. I didn't bother trying to quit, since I knew I would be unsuccessful - I would have been quitting for them. I'm not very fond of them. I got a Green Smoke kit on a whim. It was on sale and Green Smoke got a good review (when searching for electronic cigarette reviews, I didn't know the word "vaping" at the time). I thought it was a gimmick and just ordered it to play with. I planned on taking it apart to see what else I could make out of it. By the time it arrived I was on to something else and didn't even open the box. A few nights later, I was almost out of cigs, but it was cold and I didn't want to go to the store. I remembered the e-cigs and figured they would hold me over until morning. I tried one and haven't had a cigarette since. To be fair, I learned the word "vaping," and ordered an eGo within days. I love youtube! I was already dripping on a LR306 before I even found ECF. For my 6 month anniversary I got my first ProVari - for which I thank Baditude, since I wasn't quite sure what it was.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I had the easiest set-up I could put together from my extras: ProVari mini 2.5, Nautilus w/heads, Xtar charge, 2 AW batteries and a couple of bottles of juice, including my favorite that she really likes. See? I'm a good friend. But at the last minute I recalled how often she quickly losing interest in things or isn't careful (she once broke one of my glass tanks 3 minutes after I handed it to her to try).

When I got to her house, I very briefly explaining what kind of heads she should buy, barely touching on resistance (not the meaning, just the number to buy), when she walked away to get some wine. She insisted she was listening, but later revealed she hadn't paid attention. I felt like I dodged a bullet. This was later confirmed when she left the charger at her boyfriend's house; lost one of the batteries; called to say the Vamo was broken (it was throwing a 99 code) after she decided the way to keep the Nautilus from leaking was to screw it down as hard as possible (she hadn't called to ask me what to do about that); and then lost the charger completely after breaking up with said boyfriend. I'm not an enemy, I'm a heroine. I protected an innocent ProVari from torture.

You are a good friend... and saved a Provari from certain death.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Not me, I liked to smoke. I didn't bother trying to quit, since I knew I would be unsuccessful - I would have been quitting for them. I'm not very fond of them. I got a Green Smoke kit on a whim. It was on sale and Green Smoke got a good review (when searching for electronic cigarette reviews, I didn't know the word "vaping" at the time). I thought it was a gimmick and just ordered it to play with. I planned on taking it apart to see what else I could make out of it. By the time it arrived I was on to something else and didn't even open the box. A few nights later, I was almost out of cigs, but it was cold and I didn't want to go to the store. I remembered the e-cigs and figured they would hold me over until morning. I tried one and haven't had a cigarette since. To be fair, I learned the word "vaping," and ordered an eGo within days. I love youtube! I was already dripping on a LR306 before I even found ECF. For my 6 month anniversary I got my first ProVari - for which I thank Baditude, since I wasn't quite sure what it was.

I did too. I loved smoking. But I hated smoking too. I was powerless over cigarettes. I'd try to quit. Made it two years once, but all it took was one smoke and I was right back where I was. I was embarrassed that I smoked. I was an intelligent man, who knew I was smoking myself into an early grave. I was a closet smoker too, which is perhaps why my addition never permitted me to smoke more than a pack a day. Vaping and ECF and PROVAPE has saved my life!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
The Achilles was made by a joint in the Ukraine. I don't know what happened to them but you cannot find authentics anymore. Can't find clones either except for this one (Yeahsmo). The link I provided earlier will take you to the page. Only $25. The Achilles is one of the better kept secrets in the vape gear arena. Let me say this, however. It has a tight draw even wide open. If you need a lot of airflow, don't waste your time with this atty. If you need dual coil, don't waste your time with this atty. It is a single coil design. if you need lots of air or dual coil ability then get the Veritas. The Achilles is not for you. I don't know the exact capacity yet but it is pretty healthy. I know the description says 2.5mm but it might be more. I will get an exact measurement tomorrow. For those of you who are big on cosmetics, this is sharp looking, titanium RDA. Have to believe it looks great on a Ti P3. And very light. I like it!

Bronze, I'm glad you really really really like this RDA! It's not for me, but I can certainly appreciate the advantages it offers. Yes I can!

Reactions: Bronze
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread