Another switch question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacis

May 15, 2015
I was thinking for doing a dual fire button box with a MOSFET but the button are in series. So that both of them have to be pressed to fire. I was going to use the switchs from a bunch of computer power button. Or off old electronics. The question is what is a good MOSFET? And where to place it? With this build I want to uses parallel 26650 and make the battery sled also hold 18650.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
You put the two in series, and then use a single MOSFET - the switches in series will then drive the gate of the fet to turn it on. (From a circuitry point of view, look at a single-switch design, and replace the single switch with 2 in series).

Great idea, by the way, having a built-in "safety" for the mod!

Recommending a particular mosfet is difficult, since you don't say what power levels (particularly what current levels) you are looking for.

Stacis

May 15, 2015
I am still working alot of details out in my head. Most of the brain farts happen at work while driving. I was thinking of a key switch as a gag mod for a friend today;) but one idea at a time to draw up the wood box sizes then source the supplies. I am trying to use alot of what I am doing with junk I have. (I scrap metal) or get for free. I just read that there are MOSFET in atx power supply. I saw some what looks like resettable fuses one a motherboard. And I have lots of tec switch to play with. I just have to cross reference a lot of part numbers :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread