Proteus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Unlike blue, I find a big benefit in a 14500 mod.

I don't like carrying a big mod in my pocket around. Especially when I go out at night. At home I have something that takes an 18650 and can even do pass through, so that's set. But when out-and-about the 14500 is perfect for me.

Currently there's only one other regulated mod under 20mm but for what I want it's not small enough (18mm at the atty end and tapers up to 20mm, i believe). The Proteus is perfect for this. And my drunk ... doesn't have to worry about taking a big inhale and getting burnt cotton taste, so it's a big win-win.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I didn't directly respond to him because as I've said before he's here only to troll. However, I'll give my point of view when it comes to size with a comparison to cigarettes. The majority of people are walking around with a pack of cigarettes in their pocket instead of one big cigar. Of course, this is not a suitable analogy because they're not the same thing but I think you get my point. I prefer carrying a small device and few extra batteries than one big ... mod and no extra batteries, since you're exposed to your device way more time than changing batteries.
Time spent vaping each day: 1 hour (3600s)
Time spent changing batteries: 10s

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
We think the same guys. This race for more battery life is to my opinion just another wave that will stop soon. Also people think that the bigger the battery, the more power they have.

Both of the above are just an illusion. Power comes together with the number of batteries and not by the size of the battery. Its finally only a mαtter of how you understand the reality. My reality is like this:

SMALL-THIN-LIGHT and BATTERIES with me

Lets talk seriously about the above things:

SMALL and THIN to vape in style. I dont like to vape on big things. If I liked it that way I would vape on a hookah.

LIGHT to be able to carry it even in the pocket of my t-shirt without worrying that the pocket will go down to my knees.

BATTERIES with me and WEIGHT. I really dont think that anyone goes out without carrying even 1 spare battery. If anyone does this he has to know that sometime he will run out of battery and he will buy Marlboro. So if all people carry batteries, then its better to carry 3 small ones that are lighter than a big one.

Finally, just think what is better: Vape for 1 hour on a light and stylish mod and (as Seek said) change battery more often (something that takes 10 seconds), or vape on a heavy and ugly mod for 3 hours and change battery less often?

The big mods were made just for battery life. Because of the battery life, do I have to vape UGLY-HEAVY-BIG and without the ability to carry in a decent way my e-cig? Sorry but its plain silly to my opinion

ps.... I could put VIR on a fat mod instead of Proteus. In fact I will do it later. But Proteus comes first. A thin small, light with real temp control device. An ego style that will attract not only vapers but smokers that want to be vapers

j3suss

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
N/A
We think the same guys. This race for more battery life is to my opinion just another wave that will stop soon. Also people think that the bigger the battery, the more power they have.

Both of the above are just an illusion. Power comes together with the number of batteries and not by the size of the battery. Its finally only a mαtter of how you understand the reality. My reality is like this:

SMALL-THIN-LIGHT and BATTERIES with me

Lets talk seriously about the above things:

SMALL and THIN to vape in style. I dont like to vape on big things. If I liked it that way I would vape on a hookah.

LIGHT to be able to carry it even in the pocket of my t-shirt without worrying that the pocket will go down to my knees.

BATTERIES with me and WEIGHT. I really dont think that anyone goes out without carrying even 1 spare battery. If anyone does this he has to know that sometime he will run out of battery and he will buy Marlboro. So if all people carry batteries, then its better to carry 3 small ones that are lighter than a big one.

Finally, just think what is better: Vape for 1 hour on a light and stylish mod and (as Seek said) change battery more often (something that takes 10 seconds), or vape on a heavy and ugly mod for 3 hours and change battery less often?

The big mods were made just for battery life. Because of the battery life, do I have to vape UGLY-HEAVY-BIG and without the ability to carry in a decent way my e-cig? Sorry but its plain silly to my opinion

ps.... I could put VIR on a fat mod instead of Proteus. In fact I will do it later. But Proteus comes first. A thin small, light with real temp control device. An ego style that will attract not only vapers but smokers that want to be vapers

simply, :thumbs:

Reactions: imeothanasis

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
For many vapers the battery life is a theme of concern, so there are some dual 18650's and single 26650 battery mods.

Personally I do not like the 26650 mods, however I can understand its popularity, as many of such mods (and the ones that use dual 18650 batteries), are mainly used for sub-ohm vaping / cloud chasing.

There are also regulated mods, for single 26650 or for dual 18650 batteries, that use electronic boards ad DNAs, Yihis, etc. And yes, those mods have great battery life, but you still need to carry some juice with you, of course, we could use a tank with a big liquid capacity, but a setup like that, would be very unconfortable, heavy and big.

When I walk to the office, I like to carry my mod in a pants pocket. I have a Yihi SX Mini M class, man!, that thing is heavy !. Walk on the street with that mod in one pocket, is like walking having one shoe taller than the other, for sure I look funny.

Sometimes you have to replace the wick, while the mod still have a lot of battery life.

For me, if I can take the time to refill the tank or change the wick, I can have the time to replace a battery.

I prefer a small, elegant, easy to carry (portable), with advanced electronic technology mod, and carry 4 14500 batteries plus a small bottle of juice (that by the way, you can distribute all the items / weight in different pockets), than to carry a big and unconfortable mod.

Normally I bring with me (for an all day vaping), either 2 spare 18350 batteries (plus one inside the mod), or 1 18490 spare battery (plus one inside the mod), or when I bring the GG4S a single 18650 battery last me all day, and of course, a small 3 ml bottle with liquid.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Normally I bring with me (for an all day vaping), either 2 spare 18350 batteries (plus one inside the mod), or 1 18490 spare battery (plus one inside the mod), or when I bring the GG4S a single 18650 battery last me all day, and of course, a small 3 ml bottle with liquid.

Eso solamente???? muchacho 3ml se me van en una sentada.

My normal day consist of two 18650 mods (btw two GG4S with Tilemahos on each one), two 18650 spare batts. and at least 10 ml of liquid for each Tilemahos. Plus I always have extra liquid on my car, just in case, you never know. LOL

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Eso solamente???? muchacho 3ml se me van en una sentada.

My normal day consist of two 18650 mods (btw two GG4S with Tilemahos on each one), two 18650 spare batts. and at least 10 ml of liquid for each Tilemahos. Plus I always have extra liquid on my car, just in case, you never know. LOL

3 ml + a full Tilemahos tank :laugh:

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Wow how different it is for everyone Myself I always have 4 18650 bats one in the GG4S and at least 30 ml of e-juice I will charge the bats throughout the day at my desk I guess I like a freshly charge bat all the time and of course its in the Tilemahos v2 and I like to rebuild a least every two or three days I like to re build its fast and easy it is my therapy lol

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
I can sit and reminisce about the old days we're vaping 3-4 ml per day, when we started to vape.
I'm trying and manage to keep ml's up to 5.
So... all you crocodiles :p ( this is an expression in Greece for those they do over 4-5 ml daily)... watch out when the Proteus comes, NOT to swallow him:p

netlag

Aug 18, 2014
Greece
well i rebuild less often. Once per month or something, and i usually vape around 4-5ml per day.

I wish I could rebuild more often (i believe it is healthier), but although I do not mind the procedure (coiling and wicking) I get very upset because I mess my desk with wires, drops of e-juice, numerous pieces of paper towel and tools. And when I am done, I have to clean this mess! I guest I am just a lazy ****.

My current build, is around 3 weeks old, and it still rocks!

A 18650 battery is enough for me to get through the day. But I am using a regulated mod.

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
I'm vaping 12 ml per day and using around 2x2500mah 18650 :facepalm:

U9rAsB27mN.gif

:pervy::pervy::pervy::pervy::pervy::pervy:

upsetter21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Alameda, CA
To all who fear the 14500... fear not!

Changing a battery is the easiest thing we do with our PV's! It's easier than handling juice refills, and easier than building coils, easier than waiting for preorders, and easier than tying a shoelace. What _is_ the big deal?

In any case, for years I've used 14500. In fact my first mech mod was a 14500 device. I'll skip the history lesson on that one, but I want to say with a modest (or a usual 1.0 to 1.5 ohm) build on a GGTS/Oddy, loaded with a 14500 wrapped in a business card sustains me for my entire work day. I even prefer them over a 18500 because the 14500's hit a little harder. Listen to Imeo on the "just an illusion" comment. It's true.

An AW 14500 is a hot little battery and a mod suited for its size keeps us from looking like we are putting a sex toy in the mouth. I've never been one who cares about other people's judgements so I'm fine doing whatever with a giant pipe in my face, but there are times, when that smaller factor is just more appropriate.

If you really must worry, then be afraid of the F5 battles that may ensue when Proteus hits the market. For me the bigger trouble is more about making a choice between Proteus and VIR!

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
yes Seek. The testing is very painful. I can test about 20-25 VIR per day.

The problem is the first batch. Then I will be able to catch the demand.

I have to send to GG sellers the first 350 units, then the other 350 units.

The size of VIR doesnt allow me to work quickly or to make large batches.

KEFTON

Feb 19, 2012
kos
yes Seek. The testing is very painful. I can test about 20-25 VIR per day.

The problem is the first batch. Then I will be able to catch the demand.

I have to send to GG sellers the first 350 units, then the other 350 units.

The size of VIR doesnt allow me to work quickly or to make large batches.
hi imeo i will be 75 on the 13th of june it would be a great birthday present, what are the chances of getting one for then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread