Woodvils finish pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
Lord, old age is taking it's toll because I looked at every one and didn't see a pink Woodvil....red yes but not pink.:) I know I'm to blame as others in making sale night a event to worry or to get sick over. A lot of those scary stories happened in the early days when the server threw up due to traffic and some folks couldn't even logon till things calmed down 45 minutes to hour later. The vets had to deal with that and like to put a tiny fear into the new REOnauts. :laugh: Rob site has been redone and better server now so not to worry. Sure you may not get your first pick if everyone is shooting for it but a thing we all have to deal with.

I think they bought it
I think I will go through my list back to front. That way I will surely get one of my favorites. If I went through it front to back I would compete with everyone else doing the same thing - and in the end get nothing at all.

This always worked!

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well there is 1 Woodvil that really has my eye. The chances of me getting it, are slim. I wonder how many people will be involved in trying to buy one of these mods? I haven't talked myself out of one just yet. I have been "looking". Found several I like. One of them I love though...just love it.

Reactions: Debadoo

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Well there is 1 Woodvil that really has my eye. The chances of me getting it, are slim. I wonder how many people will be involved in trying to buy one of these mods? I haven't talked myself out of one just yet. I have been "looking". Found several I like. One of them I love though...just love it.

i think Pietro's advice is the best- "you can't get your favorite unless you try for it"

also, like Karen said, the one that damn near everyone wanted last sale went to a relative Reoville noob.

it's luck of the draw. just make sure you have several in mind, then try one, then the next and so on.

if you have multiple family members or friends on multiple computers then you might get an edge, but it's still pretty much luck of the draw.

i'm actually being pretty honest this time around, unlike last time when i was just plain :evil:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
This IS a trip! If I'm able to get one, it will be my first. Reo, not just Woodvil. There are 10 on my list, 4 of which are all tied for 1st place. I even bought a Doge today (not BF) so I could practice building dual coils, and have been reading Tom's thread to the exclusion of many others. This Reo business could be both time consuming and habit forming :). Fun!!!
((((((Birdy)))))))) so excited bout you gettin a Reo. and what a great way to start! I figgered eventually curiosity would win out! It's really no skeery at all! I feel super duper safe with my reo.

This will also be my first REO, and kind of my 2 year vaperversery gift to myself
there are a few who are going wood for their first reos! Can't wait til you get it. What a great present!!

I agree wiff da sloth......try for what you want most. Someone's gonna get it, may as well be you. besides, just cuz it's your fav, doesn't mean it will be 100 other people's fave. Just have some more in mind if you don't get that one. I like the idea that you'll get the one you're supposed to have.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
What is the one or two that everyone wants ?

The red mallee ones are some of the higher priced ones , basically from my back yard.

1. #89... or is it [HASHTAG]#135[/HASHTAG] or [HASHTAG]#489[/HASHTAG]?

do you actually think you'll get an honest answer??? sheesh

2. red mallee might be from your back yard, but i think this is the first time that wood has been used to make Woodvils

Since yr back yard is so lively, why don't you dig up a stump and make yr own mod ?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
This link might get all the Woodvils on one page:
Reo Woodvil

Otherwise modify the address in the address bar of your browser and where it says limit=20 or whatever, change it to limit=500.
oh wow..........changing it to 500 in the browser worked!! How kewl!! Didn't count em but I spect they're all there lol

Dunno wolf. Cept that pinkun.......lots of folks like that one
Giggle Head Shake.gif

Reactions: LittleBird

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
1. #89... or is it [HASHTAG]#135[/HASHTAG] or [HASHTAG]#489[/HASHTAG]?

do you actually think you'll get an honest answer??? sheesh

2. red mallee might be from your back yard, but i think this is the first time that wood has been used to make Woodvils

Since yr back yard is so lively, why don't you dig up a stump and make yr own mod ?
Not going to make any difference if you get it or not as people will go for the one they like not one because someone else likes it.
Well its not obvious to me the one or two that seem to be the favs like it is to everyone else.

89 - looks ok but I like the ones made from all the same wood.
135 - Ok , it may not be an issue at all but the wood in that one is said to Be Notoriously allergenic.
489 - That one isn't showing up , guess you have inside knowledge.

They have many stems that rise from a large bulbous woody structure called a lignotuber, or mallee root.
Yep red mallee over here is mostly used for decorative turned items.
Was a big thing many years ago , people would get a mallee burl and cover it in resin and make a table.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
oh wow..........changing it to 500 in the browser worked!! How kewl!! Didn't count em but I spect they're all there lol

Dunno wolf. Cept that pinkun.......lots of folks like that one View attachment 458592

Did see someone say they like 321 because it looks like marble.
I like wood to look like wood.

Well I eliminated 345 of them

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
purple heart aye
didn't make my short list , well maybe I'll have another look at them.
lol you know that the purples would speak to me!! Really love that birdseye wood. The curly and spalted maples are very pretty woods also, but don't look right on the purple heart to me. I've definitely gotten a bit of education on wood looking at these. Can't wait to see the ones that everyone gets. Will be neat to find out who likes what!!

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia

They have many stems that rise from a large bulbous woody structure called a lignotuber, or mallee root.
Yep red mallee over here is mostly used for decorative turned items.
Was a big thing many years ago , people would get a mallee burl and cover it in resin and make a table.

My backyard too! And I do have a lump!

I just haven't plucked up the courage to hack into it yet.....................

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
My backyard too! And I do have a lump!

I just haven't plucked up the courage to hack into it yet.....................

Yes , common here.

Oh no opinion from MamaTried yet on your post.

Not a suggestion to make your own mod and you actually have the wood there.

I must be the chosen one.
I like to thank Jesus , and people kind to animals.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread