• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
More i think about this,smells of fish.
Possibly bank error?
a. They agreed to reimburse too easily.Just on my sayso.
b. If i was going to be done by internet/phone fraud would it be by a company 14 miles from where i live?

Who knows,but i'm glad i spotted it.

I was wondering the same thing - similar card number perhaps 1 or 2 digits difference

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
We've had a lousy day too. Took me a long time on the phone to find out, but Royal Mail have 'stolen' a package sent to me from London: they sent it to Belfast as 'hazardous' and may destroy it! It's actually hair mousse!!! At the worst, some has leaked and the parcel smells nice! So they put it on a plane to Belfast! Where's the logic ....and when they find it isn't really hazardous, they could just discard the problem tin of it and send on the rest, but from what I hear from other people, they just destroy the lot. Who says they can do that with other peoples property? ! :grr:

They seem to be a law unto themselves, hope the company that sent it are going to resend the order and make sure it is packed properly so it doesn't leak.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Not nice, at least you spotted it fairly quickly - it doesn't sound like the regular type though, usually what they do is make a small purchase to see how it goes then start buying high priced items like phones that they can then sell on, or if they also get the pin, empty your account through the ATMs. Have you made a purchase over the phone in the past month (that's what "not present" means), if so the person you spoke to may have either used your card number or passed it on.

No Bob,Strange part about it, i haven't bought anything over the phone for years.
Only used my CC to purchse my sx mini frm c9v,other than that have always used PP for all my purchases.
This was a DC transaction

I was wondering the same thing - similar card number perhaps 1 or 2 digits difference

Guy on the phone from the fraud dept swerved that question when i asked if it could have been an imput error.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Ha-ha! Dem dratted things! :laugh:

you still grumpy ....:(

No, that's why I haven't been on much today, picked up the Missus at about 2.30 and brought her home with the home help, at the moment they are providing an evening carer as well to make sure she takes her meds, as I sometimes forget to check, and we are trying to get her to go to bed earlier as well, to see if that will help. Flipping Hospital got things wrong yet again, she has been put on Bisoprolol on top of all the others to help with her Atrial Fibrillation, but they didn't discharge her with any to last until Sunday (next weeks gets delivered tomorrow), so I now have to go round to the chemist in the morning to pick up 3 tablets, the reason she was kept in so long was that the interfering busy body sisters were trying to get her put into a home saying she was not safe here, well from now on they will get to know nothing and I've told them to stay away (they never bothered for the 30 years after their mum passed away), and only came back on the scene last time she went into hospital, that again was a drawn out process.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
@Bobw1951
Bob,Pipedreams has a 25% off all Aspire products sale.
So,is the Atlantis 2 any improvment over the V1.Thought i'd ask you before looking into one.

Overall yes, but it does need higher wattages with the supplied 0.3 ohm head, although you can use v1 heads and I think they have brought out a 1.2 ohm as well, using mine at 60w and you cannot use a normal drip tip and I'm not keen on the supplied one, very airy with everything wide open, I have 2 (1 in use), but don't think I would buy any more, think the Lemo 2 better.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
They seem to be a law unto themselves, hope the company that sent it are going to resend the order and make sure it is packed properly so it doesn't leak.
What they did say is "don't worry, we're watching the tracking, and you'll get your order". That's not the impression I've had from others that fell foul of this over zealous attitude (A chap's fishing vest - same as an aircraft lifejacket - sent for repair but got intercepted ... and the whole thing was eventually destroyed, even though someone was willing to collect it!)
They can't re-send it, because it was lucky that I found it, as it's a product discontinued for some time, and they had some stock on the shelves.
I'm a bit in the dark as to how well informed people are as to what this Belfast department is actually doing - last update was 19th at Stansted, yet the Dangerous objects department told me it was actually in Belfast. ...flew it there :rolleyes: these things are supposedly scanned at each point they reach!
I just hope the company will issue a refund once someone tells us what is actualy happening with these items.

No Bob,Strange part about it, i haven't bought anything over the phone for years.
Only used my CC to purchse my sx mini frm c9v,other than that have always used PP for all my purchases.
This was a DC transaction
Have you used your card in a restaurant, bar or other place where your card is out of sight briefly recently?
We even had a card spy attached to our local supermarket cash machine last year - it was found very quickly apparently, but it's another unpleasant possibility.
Guy on the phone from the fraud dept swerved that question when i asked if it could have been an imput error.
Bank or card company error has to be a possibility, but I'd think a large percentage wouldn't want to admit it. I've experienced both denial and acceptance of error.
I had Amex call me in the evening to ask had I just attempted to buy a plane ticket for €600 from TAP air. I hadn't, and he said not to worry because they'd blocked the transaction until they checked. A new card was in the post two days later.
Another time, I had trouble making a purchase one Christmas Day, and Amex (work 24/7 every day) had made an error, put their hands up to it, and told me to go ahead and make the purchase.
Our bank was fairly open about a fraud attempt made to purchase a large amount of items, but they hadn't warned me that our card had been blocked ...I was making a payment (car tax) and it wouldn't go through, much to my surprise. When I called the bank, they didn't have a sensible answer as to why I hadn't been informed about the card block, and when I asked why, they asked me to say yes or no to some recent transactions ...one stood out as being likely as the other two were direct debits, and I asked was that the company - there was a silence followed by the statement that someone had attempted to make a large purchase from that company, and it was only a few days after I'd bought something for less than £10 there. Obviously, an inside 'job' at that company.
That same bank branch were adamant that they were correct not to accept my cheque made out to 'Trisha' into my account (after having done so for almost 20 years), and even pretended eventually to be doing me a favour, for all it was actually part of my account details - it was a call I made to the head office that gave me an assurance that all was in order, and that it was a branch error (new branch manager error!).

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Overall yes, but it does need higher wattages with the supplied 0.3 ohm head, although you can use v1 heads and I think they have brought out a 1.2 ohm as well, using mine at 60w and you cannot use a normal drip tip and I'm not keen on the supplied one, very airy with everything wide open, I have 2 (1 in use), but don't think I would buy any more, think the Lemo 2 better.

Thanks Bob.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

Have you used your card in a restaurant, bar or other place where your card is out of sight briefly recently?
We even had a card spy attached to our local supermarket cash machine last year - it was found very quickly apparently, but it's another unpleasant possibility.
Bank or card company error has to be a possibility, but I'd think a large percentage wouldn't want to admit it. I've experienced both denial and acceptance of error.
I had Amex call me in the evening to ask had I just attempted to buy a plane ticket for €600 from TAP air. I hadn't, and he said not to worry because they'd blocked the transaction until they checked. A new card was in the post two days later.
Another time, I had trouble making a purchase one Christmas Day, and Amex (work 24/7 every day) had made an error, put their hands up to it, and told me to go ahead and make the purchase.
Our bank was fairly open about a fraud attempt made to purchase a large amount of items, but they hadn't warned me that our card had been blocked ...I was making a payment (car tax) and it wouldn't go through, much to my surprise. When I called the bank, they didn't have a sensible answer as to why I hadn't been informed about the card block, and when I asked why, they asked me to say yes or no to some recent transactions ...one stood out as being likely as the other two were direct debits, and I asked was that the company - there was a silence followed by the statement that someone had attempted to make a large purchase from that company, and it was only a few days after I'd bought something for less than £10 there. Obviously, an inside 'job' at that company.
That same bank branch were adamant that they were correct not to accept my cheque made out to 'Trisha' into my account (after having done so for almost 20 years), and even pretended eventually to be doing me a favour, for all it was actually part of my account details - it was a call I made to the head office that gave me an assurance that all was in order, and that it was a branch error (new branch manager error!).

Only used at cashpoints and supermarkets Trish.Don't get out much:( :laugh:
But i think the way the transaction was made they didn't have my PIN.So i haven't fallen foul of a atm spycam.i think:unsure:
I suppose it could have been scanned but i've only shopped recently in Tesco and Asda.
I would consider myself pretty careful with my cards,it's got me a bit miffed.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
No, that's why I haven't been on much today, picked up the Missus at about 2.30 and brought her home with the home help, at the moment they are providing an evening carer as well to make sure she takes her meds, as I sometimes forget to check, and we are trying to get her to go to bed earlier as well, to see if that will help. Flipping Hospital got things wrong yet again, she has been put on Bisoprolol on top of all the others to help with her Atrial Fibrillation, but they didn't discharge her with any to last until Sunday (next weeks gets delivered tomorrow), so I now have to go round to the chemist in the morning to pick up 3 tablets,
So glad to hear she's home - you must feel relieved. Hope things run smoothly once you get the tablets sorted out.

the reason she was kept in so long was that the interfering busy body sisters were trying to get her put into a home saying she was not safe here, well from now on they will get to know nothing and I've told them to stay away (they never bothered for the 30 years after their mum passed away), and only came back on the scene last time she went into hospital, that again was a drawn out process.
Oh dear - that makes me feel quite cross too! No wonder you've been down. Interference at that level is so inappropriate, and really quite rude.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
But i think the way the transaction was made they didn't have my PIN.So i haven't fallen foul of a atm spycam.i think:unsure:
I suppose it could have been scanned but i've only shopped recently in Tesco and Asda.
I don't go out very much at all either - working at home can be rather life/habit changing! Can't say I miss places like the supermarket though - but now the weather is close to getting a little warmer (I hope), I'd like to get out with the dogs for a while some afternoons.
So it's rare that my cards get used anywhere but online and at the filling station or cashpoint too.
Trouble is, it may seem alien to us, but a scanner is a small item easily concealed under a counter by a staff member, and can be used quite inconspicuously.
As a police officer I know :rolleyes: said, if someone is determined enough, they will ..whatever the crime.
On the other hand, I'm reminded of a chap on another forum (broadband) who found some extra cash in his account that wasn't his. He phoned the bank only to be told that although it was obviously an error caused by incorrect keying in, they had no idea as to the correct account that it should have gone to!
Slightly different, but shows that they do make errors.
Imagine the poor person watching for their cash to appear in their account, and the bank denying all knowledge of it! Not good if it's someone on a tight budget needing to feed a family or pay bills.
I'm not sure what kind of records they keep, nor if they're searchable, but it'll be a huge clearing/input centre that will likely have a number of transactions for the same amount.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

This is sounding more like a bank input error, I've transposed numbers before now and wondered why it won't work.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

I'm not saying they are a bad company Bob,but things don't seem to run smootly at GB.So many errors caused only by themselves
I think they must have put 1000's of people off shopping there recently.

CHEFS VAPOUR - this is at the top of the home page - just in case anyone wanted to place an order during this time:

Our site will be off-line from 8PM GMT tonight for updates and maintenance until potentially Sunday evening
Sorry for any inconvenience

Meant to ask Trish,i don't see anyone mention ABC or Virtual custard.Are they not as good as others on the market?

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'm not saying they are a bad company Bob,but things don't seem to run smootly at GB.So many errors caused only by themselves
I think they must have put 1000's of people off shopping there recently.

Well, they've certainly p***ed me off - waiting for answer to both my queries, which probably won't be until Monday now.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Well, they've certainly p***ed me off - waiting for answer to both my queries, which probably won't be until Monday now.

I won't bother with them again.
But i wouldn't worry too much about the IPV4 Bob, because looking around i can't find a company with them in stock.Maybe it's a manufacturers delay.
I see this morning Totally Wicked are bringing out a TC 60w device.Don't know if it'll be any good.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Meant to ask Trish,i don't see anyone mention ABC or Virtual custard.Are they not as good as others on the market?
ABC has been around as long as I've known Chefs (Over a year) - it's good, but it all depends on what you want/prefer ..there's so many custards to be had, and everyone seems to have their favourite.
Knowing chefs, if ABC hadn't been a long time good seller, it would have been gone by now. Others bit the dust a while back now.

As for Virtual Custard, I've got it in the VG version, just haven't actually tried it yet :laugh: I'll try it next time I full something up with custard!

Welsh Custard is one I do like, but again, it depends on what you want from a custard.
I found GVC nice, but nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread