Status
Not open for further replies.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
Nice. What is the material made of? (I'm in Canada - cold weather - so I'm trying to stay away from metal tips least my mouth and tongue get little chunks ripped off).
How is the fit... did you need any dental floss to tighten it up?

You should throw up a link maybe so everyone knows exactly which tip it is. I am thinking of ordering a bunch of PMMA and POM tips from FT. I have some PMMA vase style tips I bought (at a local B&M) that I like because they have a wide o-ring so they fit in everything good, can't provide a link though and haven't found them online.
Cheers
$1.82 Aluminum Ripple Style 510 Drip Tip (Aluminum, Red) at m.FastTech.com - FastTech Mobile

sorry about the lack of link! aluminum.. several colors.. I now have them all! fit on the GS Air, M and MS is perfect. no dental floss needed.

slightly taller than the stock tips, and skinnier, regular tip diameter.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Just an FYI on the 30 watt istick mentioned above, Eciggity is sending a replacement. They could not have been nicer, and I highly recommend them. I don't hear much about any problems with the 30s, this one was only in use for about three days. Obviously there was something wrong from the start. Hopefully the rest are fine!

Shout out, redux. Eciggity was beyond gracious when I had a "bad" 'Stick 30. They refunded in full........ prior to even receiving the item back! (Mine had yet another button press issue. It wouldn't.)

That's not a drip tip mate...........This is a drip tip :)
View attachment 458576

Bikers, that's a brick with a concentric hole smashed into it. Don't lie to me. ;)

I'm guessing you like it??

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Bikers, that's a brick with a concentric hole smashed into it. Don't lie to me. ;)

It's.....alright, I guess..............................................................................................................:lol:

lucapug

May 11, 2015
modena, italy
hi, i bought a gs air M a couple of days ago to use it as a substitute to my mini nautilus just to have an option :)
i'm quite disappointed: after 4-5 puffs at 10w on my istick 30 the gs air gets very hot (drip tip too) and i don't really like the feeling on my lips. i don't like the quality of the vape too: i find it better at 15-16watts but, due to the heat, it's not an option.
is it my gs air or did you experience the same issue?
thank you for your help :)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
hi, i bought a gs air M a couple of days ago to use it as a substitute to my mini nautilus just to have an option :)
i'm quite disappointed: after 4-5 puffs at 10w on my istick 30 the gs air gets very hot (drip tip too) and i don't really like the feeling on my lips. i don't like the quality of the vape too: i find it better at 15-16watts but, due to the heat, it's not an option.
Morning & Welcome Luca! I only vape it at 8 watts, then down to 7.8 on an istick 20. I don't have the 30 and realize that it isn't a 'mean' setting so you can try and just turn it down a few notches and see if that helps. I don't prefer 'hot' vapes either. Hope this helps. :)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Morning & Welcome Luca! I only vape it at 8 watts, then down to 7.8 on an istick 20. I don't have the 30 and realize that it isn't a 'mean' setting so you can try and just turn it down a few notches and see if that helps. I don't prefer 'hot' vapes either. Hope this helps. :)
ETA- I also do not prefer metal tips. Try throwing an acrylic tip on. The metal tends to give me even more heat. :)

lucapug

May 11, 2015
modena, italy
thank you, IMRs. i'll try right now your suggested settings. but, to be honest, i don't really like vaping it at so low wattage: 7.8 w would be 3.4 volts. i used to vape phantoms at higher voltage (3.8v)! :)
i'm not a crazy-high wattage person but i'd like to crank it up a little higher: probably it's just not the right clearo for me :)
thanx again :)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
thank you, IMRs. i'll try right now your suggested settings. but, to be honest, i don't really like vaping it at so low wattage: 7.8 w would be 3.4 volts. i used to vape phantoms at higher voltage (3.8v)! :)
i'm not a crazy-high wattage person but i'd like to crank it up a little higher: probably it's just not the right clearo for me :)
thanx again :)
Maybe it's that you didn't find your 'sweet spot' on it yet. I had the same problem the first day I had a GS Air. I just fiddled around with the settings until I was happy with it. If it gets hot, let it sit and try again later at a different or lower setting if you can. I move my setting in increments of 2 usually (as I said, I'm usually at 8 and when it starts losing flavor, I move down to 7.8 and then back up, if needed. You can try that at higher settings though. Hope it works for ya! :thumbs:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Welcome Lucapug. I have been using gs air Ms with iStick 30s, usually between 8.5 and 9.5 watts. I don't remember the tank itself getting hot, but sometimes, especially if I chain vaped, the tip did. I switched to the tips from my GS Airs, and that was a cooler vape, but still a little warm for my tastes, so I popped on some tips from old Protank IIs and Unitanks.
With those, the vape is pleasant. Most of my juices are 50/50 pg/vg. Don't know if the juice blend affects the temp. of the vape.
AFC (air flow) could also affect temperature...you might try fiddling with that.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
A
Welcome Lucapug. I have been using gs air Ms with iStick 30s, usually between 8.5 and 9.5 watts. I don't remember the tank itself getting hot, but sometimes, especially if I chain vaped, the tip did. I switched to the tips from my GS Airs, and that was a cooler vape, but still a little warm for my tastes, so I popped on some tips from old Protank IIs and Unitanks.
With those, the vape is pleasant. Most of my juices are 50/50 pg/vg. Don't know if the juice blend affects the temp. of the vape.
AFC (air flow) could also affect temperature...you might try fiddling with that.
'Mornin' G!
vape (chair).gif

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Mornin' Perffesser Of Funky Music. Just put on some Horace Silver to get me going while the coffee brews.
Thanks again for the Derallcigs.com. suggestion.
No problem! I'm going to be brewing some Derall probably after some breakfast. :laugh:

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine

Good grief, Ms. KD, that's no brick! Bike took one of these...

pp-cartridge-910-374.jpg

chopped the valve stem and bored it out. They vape great when you do that, but the water keeps running in the sink now.
Maybe I could borrow one of your stylish drip tips to plug the pipe?

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Just wanted to throw this out there for all of you who want tie dye. I understand these aren't silicone, but if you're familiar with jwraps, they have a tie dye 'skin' for your iSticks. They're a little pricey, but you pay for quality to be a tootle puffer! :laugh:
Tie Dye

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Just wanted to throw this out there for all of you who want tie dye. I understand these aren't silicone, but if you're familiar with jwraps, they have a tie dye 'skin' for your iSticks. They're a little pricey, but you pay for quality to be a tootle puffer! :laugh:
Tie Dye
Very Nice, IMRs. I don't have any experience with the adhesives, do they remove well?

I am going to need this, or something similar --- my Fasttech friend Andrea just tried to give up on our dream of finding the right silicone covers. :(

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Very Nice, IMRs. I don't have any experience with the adhesives, do they remove well?

I am going to need this, or something similar --- my Fasttech friend Andrea just tried to give up on our dream of finding the right silicone covers. :(
I don't believe it's a good idea to remove these although never tried. These are quality stickers that they use on automobiles and I know it's pretty difficult to get a decal off of a vehicle without the right tools. Bottom line is, they are virtually permanent however I'm sure you can take them off, but to reuse is the question. They might be a little frumpy (for lack of a better word) after you take them off, so personally I probably wouldn't reuse them if they were taken off. :)
Like my new socks?
1.jpg
Not to be worn with shorts!! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread