PROOF that REOville is the best place on Earth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
So, my HVAC system at home needs to be replaced. It is dead. The contractor comes in 20 minutes. I took off from work to be here today during installation. This is depleting our savings entirely and even dipping into the regular checking account for day to day purchases. There was no way I was going to be able to participate in the Woodvil sale. None. Until a very generous and awesome REOnaut stepped to the plate and loaned me the money to buy one. This person has made my year. I am so grateful and I just wanted to share. Thank you. Thank you.

PS: I'm keeping his/her identity a secret. Ssshhh. He/she can fess up if they want some public cheer and ovation.

I'm very thankful to this person. Have a great day, REOville!

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Great to hear another scenario like this and sucks about the HVAC though. I've been lucky to experience the first one on how generous the REOville family is, but I've also experienced the terrible thing with the HVAC going out. It cost about $6500 to get ours replaced.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Great story jif :thumbs: there are some awesome folks here.

I had the same thing happen last fall, if your system was older like mine was the savings on your utility bill will quickly replenish the savings and allow for more vape funds. My average monthly electric bill was cut in half.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Ooooofaaa! Luckily, my townhouse is only 1,100 Sq ft, so a 2.5 ton unit will suffice. $3,341 all in.

REOville rocks and yes, what would I do with that spot on the vape stand if I had no woodvil?

REOVILLE rocks.

A/C guys are here doing their thing now. Smoke alarms just went off due to the torch they are using to install the air handler.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
So proud to be a part of this family and so happy for you.
rat.gif

egrets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Seattle, WA
Agreed. So happy for you!
Reoville is so awesome that I still feel speechless when good deed like this happened. Especially I've seen people who are self-centered and many aren't willing to help or don't even care about other people in my social circle.
But I've experienced first hand how awesome this community is. So happy that this is a community that cares. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I love it when I hear a story like this (not the HVAC part, of course).

I suppose years (decades?) of social ostracization makes us just that much more willing to reach out to kindred spirits. Try getting this kind of support from the purple-kale-spin-class-lulu-lemon-hot-yoga crowd that seems to dominate the cultural tone in the city I live in.

Your HVAC will pay for itself, jif. It stings today, but you'll make your money back (and vape in style while you do it, so double win).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread