Favorite Genesis wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robociggs

Dec 14, 2011
savannah ga
is this relating it to a cinnamon stick? i'm still calling mine the vortex. i am in a punk gang and we don't say cinna-anything. mine is good on whatever batteries now. .8 ohms. 4 wraps. i'm guessing 28 or 30g wire. 18650'd down to mini egos. ha, i found a bright orange one behind my dresser. i think it might improve with more ohms. thinner wire, right? sorry if i'm stupid. i like the thick stuff for the rifid little coils it makes. i have it on my ipv mini and it functions quite well under 10 watts. over 10 glows pretty quick. nice even glow. it's suppose to do that.. hot spots were never a big deal for me. it's got the super good genesis genesis taste. a buddy of mine at work kept borrowing it. i had juice she likes and she was all about the DID. she usually rips an atlantis on a 18650 mech battery. i think it was igetcha that said "that's what your juice tastes like." gennys are great little kits. i spent the $100 bucks om the genuine DID, metal madness vapes #112. i drank the kool aid. and i'm good with it.

i feel so dumb torching all those wicks. i bet everybody does and that's why all those dudes don't talk about them now. dudes should make more videos about stuff like this and not just whatever new stuff just came out.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Been playing around with this fabled cinnabuzzwick lately. Just cut off some #400 twill weave mesh, sloppily made a straw out of it and 'let it go' in the wick hole. It's a perfect match for the TNS with its colossal 4.5mm wick hole. I doubt it's in any way leak proof, but it's a big 18650 home setup anyway.

4.5mm wick hole!? ... is that lol Christ thats a little on the big side. I like some macro coiling... but that's ridiculous!

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
It's more of a wick chasm, really.

Been struggling with heat sinking from my previous setups. Now it's just excellent. Loving it more than ever. The way it's set up now, with plenty of air flow (more than my usual), it gives the kind of vape I like the most: a 'dry', cool vapor with semi-low flavoring content - but still very crisp and clean flavors.

decor

Feb 2, 2015
Göttingen, German
Hi,

i am new to this Forum and found this Genesis section lately.

I love to see all the post about genesis atomizers and mesh wicks here!

I felt in love with mesh right after i got my new IN'AX MKIIr. The flavor is so great.

I have other genesis atomizers too ( Origen Genesis V2 and the Kraken ) but could never get them to wick fast enough with my 80 VG juive and fall back to cotton.

But after the IN'AX i want to get my genesis atomizers working with mesh. So what do you think is the best mesh setup that is leak proof and wicks fast enough with 80 VG juice? Straw, Cinnawick or solid? Do you think mesh in mesh setups wick better? I have mesh 200 superthin and 400 to work with.

Sorry for my bad english :/

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
But after the IN'AX i want to get my genesis atomizers working with mesh. So what do you think is the best mesh setup that is leak proof and wicks fast enough with 80 VG juice? Straw, Cinnawick or solid? Do you think mesh in mesh setups wick better? I have mesh 200 superthin and 400 to work with.

Sorry for my bad english :/

I've used 200 - 500 mesh and constantly come back to 200. Different atomizers perform differently with various mesh wicks. Stick to straw styled wicks. I vape 80-90% VG in all my genesis style atomizers with 200 straw wicks with no dry hits (unless i dont "suck" hard enough" during chain vaping to "pull" more juice up the wick).

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Been struggling a little with wicking lately. Till I realized I was using 200 instead of my usual 500. :facepalm: So, for me and my liquids and preferences, 500 does work better than 200.

Realized I have a ton of 200 mesh as I get one free 200-sheet for every other sheet I order. So I decided to expend some of it by rolling a wick with 50/50 500/200-mesh. The 500 forming the outer layer. Rolled solid - no straw. Was a PITA to roll. Wicks excellently. One happy vaper. Main difference is it's stiffer than my usual 500 mesh wicks.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Been struggling a little with wicking lately. Till I realized I was using 200 instead of my usual 500. :facepalm: So, for me and my liquids and preferences, 500 does work better than 200.

Realized I have a ton of 200 mesh as I get one free 200-sheet for every other sheet I order. So I decided to expend some of it by rolling a wick with 50/50 500/200-mesh. The 500 forming the outer layer. Rolled solid - no straw. Was a PITA to roll. Wicks excellently. One happy vaper. Main difference is it's stiffer than my usual 500 mesh wicks.

Hmmm, what's your usual set up like and on what attys? I used to always use 500 through 400 and tried a sample of 200 and it's always performed better for me for some reason. I vape everything from 50/50 to 90/10 VG/PG usually around a 1.2 to 0.8 28 gauge build. Even with solid 200 i never get a stellar performing fully solid wick.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
It's no big deal. Several other ways of doing it :)

I don't stress the 'solid' part of the wicks. They usually end up with a tiny hole down the center. Less than a millimeter, I guess. May or may not get closed off when I trim it. I usually vape something between 50/50 and 35/65 pg/vg with some added water. Atties in rotation these days are the Kraken, TNS, EA Nebula and a Sat clone. The TNS is actually due for a re-wicking.

Usually 28 awg at around 0.7-0.9 ohm, depending on wick thickness. Sometimes 26 awg, sometimes 29 awg. Sometimes a little ribbon.

ETA: The mixed wick was layered, by the way - not one wick rolled outside another. Nothing revolutionary. Just works and lets me spend some of my less desired mesh grades.

Last edited:

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I've never used anything but mesh in my gennies, because they are gennies, and not drippers, and also because mesh has always worked wonderfully well for me. The thread was only posted to once again promote drippers in a genesis forum. Something the dripper fanatics will never give up on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Innova
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread