Non-Smokers Starting Vaping - Disturbing to Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
I remember the days where people were happy about vaping, happy to be using their ego starter kits and most importantly, happy to be off of cigarettes. Boy have things changed.

Nowadays, it's a bunch of disgruntled people who've jumped on the vaping bandwagon. With all these 'vape meets', competitions and YouTube videos, I guess it's to be expected. The fact is, vaping attracts alot of wanna-bes and attention-seekers.

Sad society we live in.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Cut it out

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
  • Deleted by sonicdsl

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
If you look at the history of why things have been banned, it's all about the money. It has never been about the people that did those things, those were just used to divide the people. You look/do things differently than I, therefore what you are doing or the way you look is wrong. This division among the ranks is a great tool for those driving the regulations. How can we come together and fight for our right to vape if we are constantly fighting about the differences between us? Which, if you look at all the posts, is because of fear of regulation. We are all VAPING. Our devices might look different and might perform a bit different but it all works under the same principle, we are all vaping and should forget this divisiveness and actually work together against those driving the regulations and not against those among our ranks that we perceive as somehow affection a regulation they have no control over.

Love, peace and all that good stuff. But most importantly, vape on however you want and fight those who are actually causing these regulations, not each other.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I kind of think of it as kids - ie teens being bright enough to see through the hypocracy of a taxation war and being brave enough to stand up and blow clouds.

Will kids or clouds or safety or health or anything else be the reason for rules and laws - nope - in my opinion the only reason is taxation. absolutely nothing else - regardless of how the "they" want to peddle it, will be the cause of any kind of hammer coming down. I suspect young people instinctively know this.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
If you look at the history of why things have been banned, it's all about the money. It has never been about the people that did those things, those were just used to divide the people. You look/do things differently than I, therefore what you are doing or the way you look is wrong. This division among the ranks is a great tool for those driving the regulations. How can we come together and fight for our right to vape if we are constantly fighting about the differences between us? Which, if you look at all the posts, is because of fear of regulation. We are all VAPING. Our devices might look different and might perform a bit different but it all works under the same principle, we are all vaping and should forget this divisiveness and actually work together against those driving the regulations and not against those among our ranks that we perceive as somehow affection a regulation they have no control over.

Love, peace and all that good stuff. But most importantly, vape on however you want and fight those who are actually causing these regulations, not each other.

I guess the way I see this issue is not really a division among vapers it is more a division in what vapers perceive as their largest immediate threat for regulation. What level? Local? State? Federal?
Maybe at the State certainly at the Federal level what you are saying may be but not at the local level where private businesses right along with local community governments are imposing bans and regulations daily because of "the people that did those things". Have you ever looked at any of the antz sites? While they are pushing hard for federal regulation they push even harder on local levels. They celebrate every local restriction and ban because they know battles are fought from the ground up. They are winning the battle one business, one community public regulation and ban at a time.
I see what is happening on a local level as a big threat to all vapers. If locally the only place you can legally vape in your community is where you can smoke, basically you can vape in your home or car, by the time state and federal come in with their regulations you can vape in your home or car ~ on crappy highly taxed self contained ecigs.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
The only reason all of this is happening is because of all the people putting money to push for fear mongering. Again, if you look at the history, and it's happening with other stuff at this very moment, it's all the money. People with money funding for the fear mongering campaign that convinces people of all those things. The only reason anyone reacts adversely to clouds is because of that, the fear mongering campaign.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
To be honest if I want an adult serious debate on issues like this now I don't have them on ECF because there is a loud crowd whose total belief in their view is absolute and they ridicule anyone that doesn't agree or trys to put another viewpoint across and in complete irony they also routinely complain about patronising and belittling comments they decide others make. There are very serious issue's the community has to try and deal with but ECF isn't that place anymore it's the place where the everything goes crowd shout out all else label as stupid anything that doesn't fit for them and act like complete hypocrites. My views on this issue I'll keep to the other sites where these things can be discussed in an adult fashion. There are some fantastic people here who understand and know the practical situation but a lot are fed up trying to represent that on here when there are now better places to do it shame but it is what it is.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You are so right Rizzyking and that is why I usually don't reply to most of these threads. Reading comprehension seems to have fallen by the wayside.

The OP came in with his thoughts about what he is seeing as a trend in the new members section and the thread ended up saying he was bashing cloud chasing. Every thread seems to revert to that. Sad really when, what should be, a group of adults can't have an adult conversation.

noway

Mar 26, 2015
Omaha, NE, USA
It's way beyond stopping smoking for YOU, don't try and discredit others methods of quitting the smokes because it's not how YOU would go about it. For the love of all that is good this has gotten out of hand!

Try stepping down off YOUR throne and realize what works for YOU might not for others. Are YOU starting to see a pattern in this post?

Actually it's not quitting at all, just changing the delivery method. Also, you don't quit smoking, you stop.

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Minecraft used to be an insanely fun game...just hours and hours of good, clean, mindless building block fun with your friends. But it got too popular for its own good. Idiots who don't care about Minecraft, and don't care that this is OUR game that WE made, started joining servers and griefing everything and everyone with their lava buckets, just so they could put up videos on YouTube and make lots of money off millions of views. It spoiled the game for everyone. Now nobody's mom will let them play Minecraft any more, because they all think that it's a bad influence. I hate those guys. They never loved Minecraft like I do, never had any reason to even start playing. Why did they come in and ruin it for us all?

Reactions: Spidey2011

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I disagree. As a society we make our own choices in life. If one wishes to start vaping that is one's choice. If one wishes to start smoking that is one's choice. Who do we think we are that we are allowed to pick and choose who can vape and who can't?

Are all people that ride motorcycles in a motorcycle gang? Are all people who drink beer an alcoholic?

Society is all about mememememememememememe anymore. In reality it should be about us. If someone takes away my choices that is when I get very upset.

Good for us or bad for us? Doesn't really matter. They are free to make their choices in life without being judge.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Actually it's not quitting at all, just changing the delivery method. Also, you don't quit smoking, you stop.

Certainly it's quitting. I haven't lit a cigarette in nearly 10 months, therefore I've quit smoking, and I've stopped too. :facepalm:

Andria

Burn1ngChrome

Apr 17, 2015
  • Deleted by DreamWithin
  • Reason: complaining about forum moderation

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I disagree. As a society we make our own choices in life. If one wishes to start vaping that is one's choice. If one wishes to start smoking that is one's choice. Who do we think we are that we are allowed to pick and choose who can vape and who can't?

Are all people that ride motorcycles in a motorcycle gang? Are all people who drink beer an alcoholic?

Society is all about mememememememememememe anymore. In reality it should be about us. If someone takes away my choices that is when I get very upset.

Good for us or bad for us? Doesn't really matter. They are free to make their choices in life without being judge.

Outstanding post. Standing ovation, kudos, good job, thank you for a voice of sense.

Actually I have to admit, I'm a bit put out about those vaping zero-nic and doing the 'cloudz yo' thing just for the hell of it; they're taking the salvation of me and all other smokers and turning it into cheap entertainment, and *IF* that was the reason for all the brainless posturing going on by ANTZ and lawmakers, I'd be pretty upset about it. But it's nothing to do with the stupid laws; THAT is all about the money. The local bans, well that might actually be chalked up to the brainless 'cloudz yo' idjits. But idjits are gonna be idjits, no matter what the activity -- that's why parking lots have speed breaks, because of the idjits who treated it like Indy 500, though probably 99% of drivers DON'T act like a total goober in parking lots. I'm equally chagrined by the idjits trying to "get a buzz" from nicotine, because that is not the purpose of nicotine in ejuice AT ALL, but I guess if they want to worship at the porcelain goddess, it's as good a way as any, and better them than me. :D

But it's really not up to me, or anyone other than the person making the choice, whether to vape, whether to use nicotine -- it's an individual choice, and really not up for debate by all and sundry. Vaping is a far safer choice for being an idjit than smoking tobacco would be. And you're right, alcohol is fairly harmless to moderate users, but I'd be really peeved if someone said that because it's harmless to moderate drinkers, *I* have to drink it too -- it's not harmless to me at all, so I don't drink it; yet another personal choice not up for discussion.

And some folks really need to read up on the difference between an addiction and a dependence. Nicotine causes dependence (though possibly not, in those who've never smoked tobacco), not addiction; CIGARETTES cause addiction. Someone who has never smoked is NOT embarking on "a lifetime of nicotine addiction" just by vaping nicotine.

Andria

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
keep in mind every nicotine user is not a smoker. And now, every future nicotine user now has the choice to use tobacco, vape, or the pharmacy stuff. If given that choice, is choosing to vape all that bad? Your opinion should have no push on how someone else decides to live their life.

I dipped Copenhagen constantly. Bought a MVP and a protank, three days later I had a nemisis and nimbus. The change was crazy easy for me.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
I couldn't care less about what they do to their own bodies...I only care about how this will reflect on the vaping community in general. I'm sure you're aware of how the "cloud chasers" are frowned upon whilst blowing giant clouds in public places and how that is bringing the antz down even harder on vaping, right? And how all of these flavors are attracting non-smoking children to vaping? And how nicotine is as addictive as ****** (kids chasing a "buzz")??

OP here - just wanted to clarify that in this post I should have said:

"And how all of these flavors are supposedly attracting non-smoking children to vaping? And how nicotine is supposedly as addictive as ****** (kids chasing a "buzz")??"

I was throwing out the antz's arguments in defense of my viewpoint...not saying that I agree with those views, not in the least.

My point was that the "cloudz yo" (thanks for that one Andria) crowd is going to bring the hammer down quicker than without them....that is all I was trying to say.

Just to be clear; I blow plenty of cloudz myself...however, I do not do it in public, ever. It's just not good for the cause....and I can't understand why anyone would think otherwise.

Reactions: AndriaD

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
This is my take, exactly -- there actually are a few conditions which benefit greatly from nicotine and the other alkaloids in tobacco,

I am sorry, but you are a bit too optimistic. There are a few conditions that may be benefit from nicotine, but there are no known conditions that definitely benefit greatly from nicotine. I prefer to think I am getting some benefits, but I would not advise others to vape because of my wishful thinking.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I am sorry, but you are a bit too optimistic. There are a few conditions that may be benefit from nicotine, but there are no known conditions that definitely benefit greatly from nicotine. I prefer to think I am getting some benefits, but I would not advise others to vape because of my wishful thinking.

IBS... ulcerative colitis... rheumatoid arthritis... schizophrenia... ADD, ADHD... depression... anxiety... probably others that aren't as well known.

I have *personally* experienced the benefit to IBS, ADD, depression, and anxiety, so yes, that's a definite. Whether the benefit is from the nicotine or the other alkaloids, not definite, but the benefit is definitely there.

Just because medicine doesn't know about something, doesn't mean it doesn't exist -- medicine doesn't know everything, as so many doctors prove, day in and day out.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread