Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Update on battery draining on my Infinite 50W, for @nelsonm64 and anyone else interested:

I just took out the second set of batteries from the Flask, the first set that I'd drained completely from 4.2v to "Weak Battery" (actually I think it said "Low" battery.)

And the results are, again good - in fact, near enough perfect:
Battery 1: 3.188
Battery 2: 3.190

That difference is well within the margin of error of the DMM, so we can call that perfectly equal draining!

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Update on battery draining on my Infinite 50W, for @nelsonm64 and anyone else interested:

I just took out the second set of batteries from the Flask, the first set that I'd drained completely from 4.2v to "Weak Battery" (actually I think it said "Low" battery.)

That difference is well within the margin of error of the DMM, so we can call that perfectly equal draining!
right on, thanks for that. I did however get my kangxin to drain both batteries so for the time being I won't need another flask ;) but, when it does crap out which im sure it will. I know now through your experience what to replace it with :) cheers man.

Reactions: TheBloke

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I think my next mod purchase is going to be an eVic VT, but I'd sure like to find a source selling the Infinite/Geeco/Whoever boards as standalones to retrofit in some of my other mods.
I want the evic VT too. My first cool mod was the original evic, and I loved it. At the time it had the coolest look IMO. I've never been a box mod fan, but I do really like my flask, after I got used to the weight.

I'll end up with the evic VT before it's over, but I'm soo not needing any new mods right now, and I personally feel that mod will be one you'll easily find locally in stores, and I like supporting local shops when they don't rape you on the price. I understand a little extra, not double the online price.

Walked into a vape shop the other day and they had the hcigar hb40 for $125, which I thought was pretty decent deal. It's $90 to $100+ online, so for an instant gratification buy that was OK. I didn't want one but that's maybe the first time I've ever seen a DNA device in any local shop.

So if they're (evic vt) $60 online, retail shops should be in the $80'ish range I'm hoping. But if not, they'll be everywhere online and sooner or later they'll be specials, discounts, etc... It's absolutely going to be a mass produced piece, like the istick, available everywhere.

Reactions: TheBloke

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
A quick quickie about the Infinite Flask: one small, but great improvement over the Waidea is how it reads the resistance immediately, every time, with the lightest tap on Fire.

I just vaped a bit on the Waidea and it reminded me how annoying it is when it won't read the resistance of a coil with a normal tap on fire. You have to "hard press" it. I don't know what that is in milliseconds but it's definitely not just a tap. Example just now: I turn it on ('wake it from sleep') with a light press on fire, which registers fine. I use the exact same tap to get it to read the resistance, nothing happens. Do it again, nothing happens. Hold it in for a fraction of a second, and then it reads it.

Which is dumb and annoying, especially as sometimes I want a quick read of resistance on an in-progress coil build, but I absolutely don't want to fire it.

I can do that every time with the Infinite, where the Waidea is hit and miss and blurs the line between a tap and holding to fire.

That combined with the (more important) proper sleep and spring loaded 510 makes using the Infinite significantly more pleasant as an all-day mod.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I think my next mod purchase is going to be an eVic VT, but I'd sure like to find a source selling the Infinite/Geeco/Whoever boards as standalones to retrofit in some of my other mods.

Yeah that would be excellent. The more I use the Infinite the more I think I'm not going to use the Waidea so much any more. I was already using it a lot less since I got the IPV4.

I'll use it now and then, when I want lots of tanks on the go, and perhaps to take out when I want a good looking mod (I still think the black flask looks a bit classier than the silver). But certainly not an all-day-vape, and probably not much at all for TC.

I'd vaguely thought of the possibility of putting a genuine DNA 40 in it - both for the advantages and so I'd finally own at least one! But if I could get this new chip/board, that might be preferable. (I'd need to weigh up 60W + NP vs Atty Lock.)

Though perhaps the Waidea is the one mod that I couldn't do it with, due to the new boards' slightly larger screen and the fixed screen window of the Flasks? There's only a 1.2mm difference in the new screen so maybe it's possible, but I assume that at the very least it won't be a drop-in replacement. Perhaps it'll need some modifications to the sled.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I wonder what Evolv will have for their next offering, surely they don't want to be on the tail end.
I would have to think the next evolution to this temp control technology would have to be the fine tuning, or purity, or wire selection... Call it whatever you like. The ability to tell the chip what type of temp control wire your using. That would be my guess.

With the dicodes and now Joyetech (and even the clone dna chips) releasing mods and chips with ability to select titanium wire, that would just make sense to me.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania

Have you tried to get the battery caps to line up? I think I remember you saying that they don't. It would look a lot cleaner if they lined up. I want to get a 60 watt flask just have to watch my budget, I get a little click happy with the "buy"button. I have the $104 VS DNA40 coming so maybe next week I'll order the sxk 60w flask. I'm waiting to hear your final thoughts on your new flask.

Reactions: MJ.7

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Have you tried to get the battery caps to line up? I think I remember you saying that they don't. It would look a lot cleaner if they lined up. I want to get a 60 watt flask just have to watch my budget, I get a little click happy with the "buy"button. I have the $104 VS DNA40 coming so maybe next week I'll order the sxk 60w flask. I'm waiting to hear your final thoughts on your new flask.

No I haven't tried to get them to line up. I think I heard it's possible to try and get the battery tubes to rotate until they line up? But if there's any risk in such a procedure I wouldn't want to attempt it, the caps don't really bother me. It's not often I see the base of the flask.

My final thoughts are that it's excellent, a significant upgrade from the Waidea I had before. I'll be doing a YT video review shortly, hopefully over the weekend.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
On the FT forum one reviewer says that the positive contacts for the batteries are spring loaded and that his battery caps line up correctly. What he said not me .

Yes the positive contacts are spring loaded - looking down the tube there's what looks like a round brass pin, and it must have a spring behind it. The default position of that pin is long enough such that Samsung 25Rs don't fit completely into the tube, they stick out into the battery cap area. I have to press down the batteries to get them into the tube and fit the cap.

The method I use is to put the cap over the battery then push the cap firmly with my thumb so it pushes the battery in, then while maintaining that pressure I rotate it until it catches on the threads. It's a bit more work than in my Waidea where the batteries fit immediately into the tube, but now i'm used to it it's no hassle.

And OK if his caps line up I guess I'm unlucky. I think I remember hearing at least a couple of people with Waideas had non-lining-caps where most of us did not, so I guess it's something that can go wrong during production and be missed?

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
My silver Waidea has both battery caps lined up perfectly horizontally across the bottom of the mod; my black Waidea has both caps at a 60° angle, but at least they're matching/parallel.

-Treeburner

Yeah my black Waidea is the latter, lined up at the same angle

diceman1000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
Belleville, KS
Well, I wish I would have just ordered from Fasttech or ordered a Kangxin VF Mini from angelcigs... Focal wants pics and videos and blah blah blah... I haven't even had this thing a week, it should be as simple as "the product you sold me is not functioning properly", "oh, ok, here's your RMA #".... Wow...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

MJ.7

Verified Member
Apr 29, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Now I have the infinite vf 50w, an old vtr and a kbox, I think I need two other mods
Thinking about:
Ipv4: dont like the big look of it 79$
Vf mini: no review yet 50$
Hb dna 40: very boxy 120$
Snow wolf 200w: big and boxy but powerful 129$
Joytech 60w: pre order :(. 59$
Segli 75w: haven't seen the reviews yet

Maybe another VF but with dna 40, ( didn't find it yet)

or mabye somthing not on my list yet

Reactions: aldenf

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Well, I wish I would have just ordered from Fasttech or ordered a Kangxin VF Mini from angelcigs... Focal wants pics and videos and blah blah blah... I haven't even had this thing a week, it should be as simple as "the product you sold me is not functioning properly", "oh, ok, here's your RMA #".... Wow...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
Tbh, yours didn't sound like it was defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread