Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
Density in the coil doesn't look to bad so far.. I can see shoulders in it so I know its in contact.

Big air bubble means juice isn't making through the juice port to the wick. Make sure the wick isn't blocking the slots.

Can you unscrew the chimney some for better juice flow? Did you say 100vg?

I'll open it up and see if putting the chimney on blocked up the juice slots. Before I screwed it on they looked clear, but they may have shifted. This was one of the few times I didn't try to clear the channels after putting the chimney on. I'll give loosening the chimney a shot, but with the way the Lemo 2 goes together I think I might end up tightening it again by putting it back together. The top half of the chimney screws into the top, so I think it will probably tighten it up before I get the top snug.

Edit: I had been using Max VG before (~85/15), but this batch was 60VG/40PG.

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
What if you snugged up the top half before screwing it into the base, then not screw it in all the way (or tighten then loosen by 1/4 turn)? That's what I do with my Squape R - it always wants a little more juice with a fresh battery. Sometimes I have to "pump it" by turning the tank/chimney part back and forth. It also likes the wick crazy tight in the coil. Would that kill the vacuum on the Lemo 2 though?

Or maybe try this:
E07Dv1g.jpg

(Thanks, @AMDTrucking)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Cool Cindy, I'm a tank loosener too. Ever since the mt3 and protabk days used to run them all day with the tank 1 1/2 turns loose.

I regularly pump my fev by un screwing and screwing the tank to pump some juice in when it has trouble.
I just put my finger over the hole on the FeV and give a tiny little primer puff with this uber thick juice. A few bubbles come up and away I go. :)

Reactions: mudram99

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
I'll have to give it a shot. Luckily I didn't top the tank off after wicking, so I don't have much to go to clear it out. Didn't bring all my stuff with me to work (I need a vape bag or something. Still not used to carrying more than a lighter and pack of smokes, even after almost a year and a half!) and the glass is pressure fit, so I lose the tank if I don't syringe it out.

I think I'll also try opening the top fill for a second without closing the airflow and see if that lets some juice flood in, but that's more of a temporary fix than I'd like.

Edit: It does also seem like if I let it sit for a bit it wicks up, but then dries out pretty quick.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I just put my finger over the hole on the FeV and give a tiny little primer puff with this uber thick juice. A few bubbles come up and away I go. :)

I do the same thing with my Orchid. Though I do have it partly unscrewed as well... 70%VG, so getting it to wick without leaking is a bit of a challenge.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
It just may be juice hole problem. I use 70 VG and started getting dry hits after switching from 50/50. I put the tails over the juice ports and that was my problem. In my subtank mini I stick the tails to the deck walls and can see through the ports looking down. That ended all the dry hits for me and I regularly see bubbles.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
If I can't get it working I'm going to try mixing another batch of liquid at 50/50 and see what that does for me. The Lemo 2 thread has a fair number of people having issues, but I think that's common for RTAs out lately since they're becoming a bit more mainstream I think, especially the ones that have the option of pre-built coils. You usually don't hear as much from people who everything is working great!

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I'll have to give it a shot. Luckily I didn't top the tank off after wicking, so I don't have much to go to clear it out. Didn't bring all my stuff with me to work (I need a vape bag or something. Still not used to carrying more than a lighter and pack of smokes, even after almost a year and a half!) and the glass is pressure fit, so I lose the tank if I don't syringe it out.

I think I'll also try opening the top fill for a second without closing the airflow and see if that lets some juice flood in, but that's more of a temporary fix than I'd like.

Edit: It does also seem like if I let it sit for a bit it wicks up, but then dries out pretty quick.

Most definitely yes open the top fill it will juice the chamber..

If I were you I would just run it somewhat loose all day so air can get in to prevent vacuum lock.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
If I can't get it working I'm going to try mixing another batch of liquid at 50/50 and see what that does for me. The Lemo 2 thread has a fair number of people having issues, but I think that's common for RTAs out lately since they're becoming a bit more mainstream I think, especially the ones that have the option of pre-built coils. You usually don't hear as much from people who everything is working great!
Your stuff is just newer, that's all. We've had more time to work our issues out. :laugh:

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
I managed to get the chimney loosened up, huzzah! Backed it out enough so the glass is just barely snug. Also closed off the airflow almost all the way. Seems to be doing a bit better so far. During use, it seemed like all the bubbles were coming out one side. Is that typical, or would it indicate a blocked juice channel? I tried to make sure they were clear when I opened it up, but it may have adjusted some with backing out the chimney.

Also, just wanted to say again that you guys are awesome. :toast:

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I managed to get the chimney loosened up, huzzah! Backed it out enough so the glass is just barely snug. Also closed off the airflow almost all the way. Seems to be doing a bit better so far. During use, it seemed like all the bubbles were coming out one side. Is that typical, or would it indicate a blocked juice channel? I tried to make sure they were clear when I opened it up, but it may have adjusted some with backing out the chimney.

Also, just wanted to say again that you guys are awesome. :toast:
I have tanks with 4 juice channels, sometimes bubbles only come from one of them, and sometimes it might be all 4. I kinda think it's a "path of least resistance" thing, but I don't know. As long as I see bubbles coming from somewhere, it's time to make the doughnuts!!:vapor:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
What Bneat said... as long as the juice is going somewhere other than the airholes, then you're good to go! Especially with the rayon, it wicks so well that if juice is inside the chimney, then you can bet it's getting to the coils.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
If I were you I would just run it somewhat loose all day so air can get in to prevent vacuum lock.

This terrifies me a little bit. Okay, maybe terrifies is a little extreme, but I think I'll save this one to try out until I'm home.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
My Silverplay had air bubbles only coming from one hole today, I vaped the tank dry and refilled it, thought the one hole with bubbles was going to be a problem but nope.

I put a bell tank on the Silverplay, the stock tank is useless for any kind of idea of what is happening with your juice.

jks89

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2015
Vermont, USA
I put a bell tank on the Silverplay, the stock tank is useless for any kind of idea of what is happening with your juice.
I have similar complaints about my Delta II. If only someone would come along and make a "create your own tank" where you can choose your airflow, chimney diameter, etc. I guess that could get into some issues of the physics of the vacuum-y-ness if they didn't match up right, though.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
Rayon freaking rocks! Especially for clearomizers, breathes new life into them. I already mentioned this but I don't think cotton could keep up with wicking as well as rayon does in a clearomizer.

I have to say that is pretty annoying the first hit on google is so misleading.

I found the Pbusardo review to be misinforming and also quite annoying. "Comfort factor"? He obviously didn't do his research on the rayon to find out how it is just as safe if not safer than cotton. Which is strange because he's usually very thorough. Also the first wicking test he did I thought was completely useless. Does not highlight the superior capillary action rayon has over cotton. Also longevity testing. 3 tanks? That is hardly a showdown. Also he did not consider other styles of atties, such as clearomizers where I believe it truly shines and outbeats cotton by a landslide. Anyhow I found it very misleading and misinformative. Would be nice if rip trippers gave it a run. Heh I know he is kind of annoying but I prefer his reviews over P's. If you could take P's personality and gave it to rip would be perfect.

I asked about rayon at my local B&M. Guy just had a sour face and started to rattle on about safety and that he uses JOC. I'm not the kind to argue with people so I just said "It's awesome stuff you should do some READING". I think he might have seen the Phil review. Told him about this thread and if he checks it out he checks it out. Took some to a B&M about an hour away in a different town and they were excited I had brought some in. They had heard of it and were excited to try and very grateful I brought some in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread