How do you handle vaping with drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
That used to happen to me when I first started vaping. I carried 12mg instead of my normal 6 for drinking nights, eventually I was back to drinking and vaping the normal 6mg. Also if you have a smoke when drinking don't sweat it, it's not the ones you do smoke it's the ones you avoid that matter.
It's a bad advise. Can lead to relapses.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Once I start on my cigarillos, i can't stop. Chain smoking also... I didn't have 1 this week and I really didn't like the feeling this morning.
Lol. I don't even inhale my cigars, just nice having one burning, take a few puffs when I'm surrounded by smokers. It all just depends if people around me are smoking. But I'm at a point I can have a cigarette occasionally with no urge for more. In fact when I do have one, I get about halfway and realize it tastes like .....

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I handle drinking and vaping quite well, thank you. My only worry is that I might leave my Reo at the bar and,,, before I realize I did, someone will have a new to them Reo.

Has not happened, yet, but there has been a close call. Luckily, I am a regular and the tarbender reminded me to take my Reo.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Drinking was never a trigger for me. Being out in the woods is. There is nothing like that first cigarette after completing the chase and hunting down a hobo you've given a twenty minute head start on your private reserve, I mean rabbit, of course its a rabbit, is the trigger for me.

Reactions: Fuzzy Bruce

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey

Its not like he's a ...... addict. (At least I hope not) Relapsing on a cigarette is not going to cause his life to spin out of control. Its a cigarette not a needle. If you smoke the occaisional cigarette when drinking its shouldn't be called a relapse.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Resist the urge... U vape cuz u dont want to smoke anymore... When i drink the temptation to smoke is very vey high... Cigarettes just hits much better and relaxes u, but when i think of the smell... The constant coughing... Phelgm in the morning and the 4000 chemicals invading my body... I say no ty and i even avoid bathing in second hand smoke as well

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Don't drink alcoholic beverages while in some fanciful transition toward cessation.

If you do drink, don't beat yourself up for enjoying your choice. Same goes with smoking.

Show me these die-hard vapers who have a smoke and relapse to abusive smoking. I don't believe they exist.

Chances are good if you enjoy vaping (a lot), you won't enjoy smoking except when under the influence. And even then, chances are great you'll resort to mostly to entirely vaping if seeking to minimize times of being under the influence while giving vaping a fair chance to set in and become the normal course of intaking nicotine.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Its not like he's a ****** addict. (At least I hope not) Relapsing on a cigarette is not going to cause his life to spin out of control. Its a cigarette not a needle. If you smoke the occaisional cigarette when drinking its shouldn't be called a relapse.
If you smoke a carton after carton after you smoke an occasional cigarette is is relapse. Happens all the time.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014

LMAO! Relapse and smoking in the same sentence. :lol:

Maybe if I said sure if you drink go ahead and smoke a carton, all I stated was if you happen to don't beat yourself up. Dust yourself off and go back to not smoking. But it was a good attempt to get a really big rise out of me none the less. Vape on AT I ain't mad at 'cha. :thumbs:

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I bring a slightly higher nic juice and chain vape a bit more than usual. You just have to get used to those triggers, after a few times beating the urge your brain adjusts to the new way of doing things. I had to avoid being around people smoking as much as possible for a little while but now I can sit in someone's car with them while they are smoking without even thinking about it.

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Anyway just the way i felt this mornings after having too many cigarillos, i don't think it will happen again soon

"It too shall come to pass."

Just don't let it get ya down, if ya get down you feel defeated and if you feel defeated there's no reason to keep fighting. Keep fighting it and it will all fall into place. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread