Atlantis coil rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnvaper

May 22, 2015
Hey everyone. I tried to rebuild Aspire Atlantis BVC coil, but doing it in the bottom vertical style didn't work. Instead, I did it traditionally (horizontally) and punched holes to the cotton thingies in the body of the core (the part which is attached to the tank) and wicked it. It worked like a charm, and now I can use it at 60 watts. The coil was 24g nichrome and 9 wraps.

Reactions: Katmar

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
im going to try and rebuild my atlantis coils soon. any advice on where to buy reasonable wire? also what kind i need to use.
You can use kanthal, nichrome, or nickel wires depending on what you want or if you're using a temp control mod. I've rebuilt Atlantis coils vertically using 26g N80 claptoned with 32g A1. When you're rebuilding vertically, you want to have a wide inner diameter for your coil because that's where your airflow is coming from. Vertical rebuilds aren't too hard to do. I'd recommend either 24 or 26 gauge kanthal or removing, torching, and reusing the stock coil and just re-wrapping it with cotton.

Reactions: ~CK~

Finnvaper

May 22, 2015
Yeah. My advice is, that you use higher gauge kanthal when you start your first builds. I did a new build to it, and this time I wrapped the coil differently. I did a distant coil, which means that I didn't squeeze it together. Sorry for bad english, but I suppose y'all get my point. And, as a small plus, the "distant" coil type gives a slightly better taste.

Reactions: ~CK~
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread