Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
t all of these are US companies, don't think they will help Pap... but it may give you some ideas.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Yes unfortunately, purchasing from the US is really not feasible for me unless it's free shipping, which of course it never is. I'm always amazed how the Chinese can do that. But anyway, just to give you an example. Yesterday I followed one of the links here to a NET site. The price of a 5ml bottle of extract was $9 something. With shipping it was $37.50! I don't think my conscience would be OK with that. :)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Heh, I just got my VG/PG cube from Essential Depot yesterday. 2L nic in my freezer, and my (now finally organized) flat of TFA flavorings. Indiana can BITE ME, trying to tell me I can't mix my own eJuice. I can make my own beer and wine and I can roll my own cigarettes (which I did for a short while when I smoked) without any regulation.

Snarling, muttering not-very-kind things about the legislators in the Hosed-up State..... (Keeping all this clean for the mods, whom I respect infinitely more than the idjuts "running" Indiana)

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
You can buy the materials. that is not the problem. The problem is when you start to mix them into an e-liquid they become illegal, starting July 1st that is.
Actually the laws are so restrictive that I would not be surprised if suppliers refuse to ship to Indiana. That's what happened to RYO cig tobacco a few years ago. There's insane requirements for 24hr video surveillance (not just any video surveillance, but expensive systems) plus manufacturers have to obtain permits and submit other docs (blueprints of their facility I believe), and be subjected to inspections, plus every batch of eliquid must have a sample stored under video surveillance for 3 years. I'm not sure whether the sample would include nic base, but given the definition I think it will.

You may still be able to buy flavors, VG, and PG -- if you can find it locally or if someone will ship it to you, but nic base may be a big problem.

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
For you menthol lovers out there...I've been playing with my creamy menthol mix for a while now and have settled on this one: All TPA of course ;)
Sweet Creamy Menthol
12% Creme de Menthe
5% Whipped Cream
5% Marshmallow
5% Sweetener
2% Menthol
1% Koolada

Hope you enjoy!

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Actually the laws are so restrictive that I would not be surprised if suppliers refuse to ship to Indiana. That's what happened to RYO cig tobacco a few years ago. There's insane requirements for 24hr video surveillance (not just any video surveillance, but expensive systems) plus manufacturers have to obtain permits and submit other docs (blueprints of their facility I believe), and be subjected to inspections, plus every batch of eliquid must have a sample stored under video surveillance for 3 years. I'm not sure whether the sample would include nic base, but given the definition I think it will.

That sounds very much like the TPD requirements in Europe. So come May 2016 I will be considered an outlaw.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Heh, I just got my VG/PG cube from Essential Depot yesterday. 2L nic in my freezer, and my (now finally organized) flat of TFA flavorings. Indiana can BITE ME, trying to tell me I can't mix my own eJuice. I can make my own beer and wine and I can roll my own cigarettes (which I did for a short while when I smoked) without any regulation.

Snarling, muttering not-very-kind things about the legislators in the Hosed-up State..... (Keeping all this clean for the mods, whom I respect infinitely more than the idjuts "running" Indiana)

Heh.. that would be my feeling exactly if I lived in Indiana -- it *is* my feeling about ALL this totally brainless legislation regarding e-cigs... like, how's ANYBODY gonna know what you do in your own kitchen, or what you have stashed in your freezer? What totally brainless goobers. :facepalm:

That's exactly why I have 4 yrs' worth of nic in my own freezer -- no matter what totally brainless laws they pass, they will NOT stop me from vaping as I see fit. And they can bite me, too. :D

Andria

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana

You may still be able to buy flavors, VG, and PG -- if you can find it locally or if someone will ship it to you, but nic base may be a big problem.
Yes sorry, didn't go into any detail. Your right, why would a vendor jump through all those hoops just to send me some eliquid. I was just talking about all the DIY components that have nothing to do with tobacco like vanilla flavoring. In Indiana come july 1st it will be illegal for me to use it to make a DIY eliquid. The law was written in a vague manner that ends up throwing a blanket over every aspect of eliquid. Imagine I place an order with Wizard Labs for DIY supplies that does not include Nicotine. Will WL accept my order? I'm thinking they wont. How will Indiana enforce it? Don't know. All I really know is its insane and how I look at vaping and our government is changing very quickly. I feel much different than I did just a couple weeks ago. The fun hobby is turning into something else. It feels serious now. I haven't "marched" in a long time. Last time was April 1981 Earth Day in DC. Indiana is only the first and before long I think a lot of us will be back on streets of our capitols marching for our rights.

Jason Duvall

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Yes sorry, didn't go into any detail. Your right, why would a vendor jump through all those hoops just to send me some eliquid. I was just talking about all the DIY components that have nothing to do with tobacco like vanilla flavoring. In Indiana come july 1st it will be illegal for me to use it to make a DIY eliquid. The law was written in a vague manner that ends up throwing a blanket over every aspect of eliquid. Imagine I place an order with Wizard Labs for DIY supplies that does not include Nicotine. Will WL accept my order? I'm thinking they wont. How will Indiana enforce it? Don't know. All I really know is its insane and how I look at vaping and our government is changing very quickly. I feel much different than I did just a couple weeks ago. The fun hobby is turning into something else. It feels serious now. I haven't "marched" in a long time. Last time was April 1981 Earth Day in DC. Indiana is only the first and before long I think a lot of us will be back on streets of our capitols marching for our rights.
I live downtown and im off till Sunday! Lets meet at the capital building. Im over this bass ackworkds state. Its like living w a bunch of Angelas from "The Office".

"Mine yo binness. Thats all. Just mine yo binness!"

Jason Duvall

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
It's pretty much past time for marching to do any good.

We're somewhere past the soap box and ballot box and the jury box is kinda iffy... but I don't think we're quite to the cartridge box just yet...although I'm beginning to wonder.

:glug:
Its NEVER too late. Its just hard to get non vapers to get worked up and stand behind us. I think we are too few, and a lot of us, including me, are non-confrontational, freedom loving americans who just want to be left alone. But just like a bear in January, dont mistake our silence for weakness. Poked enough, the bear will do what it does best. I feel like thats what Indiana is doing to it's citizens. The bear is growing. We need to wake up and focus our energy on the one issue that truly matters. Our freedom. Not just to vape, but in general. Freedom to live our lives in peace without Indiana telling us its not ok to be in a loving relationship with a certain person, or that we cant enjoy an adult beverage or buy a vehicle on sunday. And now that I cant mix liquids together to save money and possibly my life. I know my father, your fathers, grandfathers, brothers, sisters, cousins, and friends didnt serve and die for our freedom so it can be taken bit by bit so we dont notice. Im sorry for my rant. Im just tired of trying to be a good person, treating others the way I want to be treated, and being treated like a lower class person by my government.:rules::offtopic::vapor:

I expect to begin DIY in a week and I need advice on a default PG/VG ratio (which I can adjust for specific flavorings).
  • I like lots of vapor, and I associate that with VG. Correct?
  • I really need to keep my mucus membranes & air passageways hydrated, and I associate that with VG. Correct?
  • I certainly like flavor, which I associate with PG. Correct?
  • I want to avoid throat harshness, and PG causes that. Correct?
So . . . what's my best ratio? Can I compensate for less PG by adding more flavoring?

Reactions: Slots

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
adding more flavoring for the most part will add to pg side unless you get PG free flavors or VG flavors. I believe you are correct on the other questions as well. I currently use 70pg/30 vg in my small tanks and 70vg/30 pg in my subtank or RDA's. I like flavor a lot as well. Pg along with nic add throat hit. IMO it's the nic that does it for me but never tried anything over 30 pg with less nic. It has always been 18 to 24 mg high pg or 6 mg low pg.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I'm a flavor junkie too - and I already get dehydrated too easily because of medications I take. So I ended up liking a 70/30 vg/pg mix. If you go much higher than 70vg, you may need to look into VG flavorings - not sure if TFA sells those because I didn't look for them, but there are a small handful of other companies that do.

Reactions: Slots

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Indiana is only the first and before long I think a lot of us will be back on streets of our capitols marching for our rights.
Washington and Oregon are going down the same path. They are even trying to make it illegal to purchase ANYTHING having to do with e-cigs, flavoring, including all hardware and parts, etc. over the web .. or by phone. That's not even taking into consideration the 75% tax they want for purchases in the state. By forcing you to purchase inside the state, taxing it sky high, they are trying to recoup their loses.

This is a big majority of the problem .. deals the states cut with the tobacco company's, putting them in debt that they relied on cigarette tax to make up for . Now that sales of cigs are going down hill, they are in trouble.
http://projects.propublica.org/graphics/tbcbonds-statemap

I'm a flavor junkie too - and I already get dehydrated too easily because of medications I take. So I ended up liking a 70/30 vg/pg mix. If you go much higher than 70vg, you may need to look into VG flavorings - not sure if TFA sells those because I didn't look for them, but there are a small handful of other companies that do.

As I said, this is DIY (do-it-yourself), so I can create whatever ratio I choose, and if the flavoring has VG or PG, I can calculate that in. So . . . the preferred ratio is still an open question.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread