Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
After looking at this for a while, I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered one. I am guessing that I will have it within a week. It really seems to be what I am looking for in an rta.
Congrats buddy!

I do have a question though. What seems to be the sweet spot in coil building for it? It's hard to judge the size of the build deck in photos. I tend to gravitate to a build that is .8 ohms @ around 20 to 25 watts, at least on my RDA.
You see, from an ease of setting up point of view, 2.5mm (and under) coils stand preferred. That's b'coz the wick slots on the vertical juice channels are 2.5mm. Which makes it easier to place a similar sized drill bit or screwdriver over it while mounting the coil.

Nonetheless, any coil and any resistance work perfectly on it. I have tried them all. However, two things might be noted:

1) Anything thicker than 28AWG could be a pita to mount.
2) Coils between 2mm to 3mm OD seem to work splendidly. I prefer 2.4mm.

Reactions: ricks

WilsonPhillips

Feb 26, 2015
Having not had the device in my hands yet, I cannot say with certainty, but I am seeing the comments on the need for closing the AFC ring in the base prior to filling (I understand the reasoning), but if the hole for the drip tip is not plugged as well, this would do no good at all. If you want to seal it, you would need to seal both ends. If one end is open, then both ends might as well be open.

Reactions: qorax

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
Having not had the device in my hands yet, I cannot say with certainty, but I am seeing the comments on the need for closing the AFC ring in the base prior to filling (I understand the reasoning), but if the hole for the drip tip is not plugged as well, this would do no good at all. If you want to seal it, you would need to seal both ends. If one end is open, then both ends might as well be open.

Two Things:
1) The idea is not to completely seal the device, only to add a bit of upward pressure to the under-deck airways in order to kind of trap an air bubble for the fight against the downward pressure of the oncoming juice.
2) I personally do not close off the AFC prior to refilling (it has been removed completely). The topcap has two holes. So while one of them is plugged by a juice bottle, the other is open and thus relieves most of that dreaded, flood-inducing downward pressure.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
And, yes, the 6s fill works everytime with no afc ring. This last time I think I hit it in 3s :thumbs:

The AFC ring came off when I dry burned and re wicked, this morning. I only filled it half way at a time (I was mixing 2 juices - too lazy to mix the two prior to filling) and had no probs with the 6 second fill. MUCH prefer the draw sans AFC!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Great review on the Calix qorax!
I remember HB mentioning it on the K4 thread a few months ago.
The juice control seems 'fiddly' though. Part of the reason I removed the AFC on the Erl.
Does it require regular/constant adjustment?
How would you rate the flavor compared to the Erl?
Thanks!

Hey, thanks!

No. Once you've filled it just give a 3/4th turn (to open it) and leave it there till your next fill. It is the same with any JC atty.
I would not like to compare it to any specific atty ;) But let me assure you its a pretty flavorful one.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Great review on the Calix qorax!
I remember HB mentioning it on the K4 thread a few months ago.
The juice control seems 'fiddly' though. Part of the reason I removed the AFC on the Erl.
Thanks!

I found the jc dependent on the thickness of the juice (and wicking), but that's true of any atty with jc. However, the logo on the chimney makes it easy to tell how far its open once you have it set up. So when you go to refill, as you close it, you can easily see how far you had it open, and just put it back after refilling, whether that's half a turn or 1.5 turns.

I will say the jc is very easy to open and close.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Hi folks, need some help. I want to order a SS drip tip and nano kit. I went to intaste to order, and the drip tip I want is out of stock. Does anyone know where else I might order from that will ship to the US? I'm very picky about drip tips. I want the crown one preferably, but could be happy with the plain straight one.

Reactions: qorax

Moonface

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2015
Best build...
Two strands of 28g kanthal twisted. Around 3mm and 9wraps. Cotton. Comes out about 1.4ohms ish . It'll blow your mind

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    627 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread