Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Hey everyone. Checking in between visitation times. Got a call from my dad on the drive down and they have moved my mom back to ICU. She is not doing well. There is limited visitation in ICU so I can go back at 5 to see her again. She is still on the respirator and has tubes coming in and out of her everywhere. I'm really worried. :cry:

Ah, shoot, Lost! I'm so sorry to read this...Your mom continues to be on my prayer list!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's not good for in-ground annuals. Do what you can.
    Lucky there are only 2 inground but no good way to cover them. I have only 6 hanging pots and they have been brought in along with a couple other small pots. All bigger pots and deck rail planters have been covered with black rubbish bags. Guess I'll just hope for the best.Put a towel as extra cover over my potted begonias.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2009
    All hanging pots except 8 22" ones... unplanted stuff... in garage. (Guess I have 25 hanging
    pots.) I may try to lug in the ground-level pots, but will probably just cover them. And all the
    in-ground stuff.

Sigh.

P5220146.jpg

New Guinea impatiens, Reiger begonia, calibrachoa, lantana, grape tomatoes, green
    peppers, marigold, morning glory... blah blah blah...

Last edited:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    All hanging pots except 8 22" ones... unplanted stuff... in garage. (Guess I have 25 hanging pots.)
    I may try to lug in the ground-level pots, but will probably just cover them. And all the in-ground stuff.

Sigh.

View attachment 458697
    Beautiful :)
    Sorry you've had to move them all :(

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2009
    My flower beds are all perennial except for the 2 annuals.

I am a "Perennial Killer". Almost any new perennial I plant, dies. So, I have decided to be a
    "container garden" kinda guy. Easy to change-it-up every year, plus they can be moved around
    DURING the season for variety. Yes, more $$$ every year... and this frost thing.

Almost dinner time already!

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    I am a "Perennial Killer". Almost any new perennial I plant, dies. So, I have decided to be a
    "container garden" kinda guy. Easy to change-it-up every year, plus they can be moved around
    DURING the season for variety. Yes, more $$$ every year... and this frost thing.

Almost dinner time already!

very, very nice, bear! :thumbs:

and getting ready for supper here too! but first geoff ;)

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2009
    Have you tried Daylilies,Bear? Easiest perennial of all and they come in a bunch of different colors.

I went through the daylily phase. My problem with them was the maintenance of cutting
    back the spent foliage to keep everything green and looking alive. Then, they ALL started
    blooming TOO early in the season for me, leaving just the leaves. About 4 years ago, I
    just dug them all out and threw them away. The annuals give colour all season long...
    especially if you get out there are deadhead the spent blooms. One... by one... by one.
    A lot of folks don't do that. But hey!... I have the time!!! :) :) :) I love retirement!

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2009
    THE WIFE(?) JUST STOPPED BY AND THREW THE CAT OUT OF THE SUV!!!

Sorry for yelling.

I now have the cat. A forced into, scared of Ty-grr and T'mato... but IT
    HAS A HOME!!!

I can NOT BELIEVE what I saw!!!! Just dumped it!!!

We now have it. What is WRONG with people?!?!?!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread