Are you one of the lucky ones? Vape at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I vape discreetly at my desk at work. I believe that it's against company policy to vape in our offices so I stealth vape and try not to draw attention. I have my own office out of view from my coworkers, so that helps. People sometimes remark that it smells like cookies or doughnuts when they walk in and I just smile and repeat what they said in the form of a question. Until someone tells me to stop I plan to continue.

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
I am at the front desk in my office and I vape all day long. I am discreet and don't do it when clients walk in or anything. Nobody says a word. I still worry about getting told I have to go out to the smoking area at some point, I am the only person who vapes here and if someone does happen to see me they look at me like I am crazy until I explain what it is.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
91fd48953c8f634a1f385310b10a50dc.jpg

Very lucky.

Tapatyped

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
f901cc8c3679c27935d5dd1943e9b697.jpg

;)

Tapatyped
Hey, it was the second option! Lol. I seriously considered truck driving for a while. I drove a wrecker and service truck and worked as a diesel mechanic for a few years, got a couple offers for jobs doing long hauls. Decided against it, but some days I regret it.

Reactions: beckdg

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I work from home a lot so I can vape but when I'm in the office I have to go outside. The other day I accidentally took a puff at my desk in the office. I was reading an email and just spaced off and took a big puff and didn't realize until I started blowing it out. No one said anything but it was a solid cloud that I just had to watch float away across the room.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Iron Worker most of the time I can vape at work unless Im in refinery. Most times we dont follow the rules if we are told we cant smoke or vape while we are erecting structure. First off nobody is going to come up there to catch you and second its hard to fire someone when they do a job you cant get very many people to do. So we get a little leeway people tend to not see us doing things like that.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Probably not, to be honest. It just looks good to consumers if the employees are actually vaping their products. I've been in a shop where the guy behind the counter didn't vape...cleared out fast lol.
I went to one a few months ago where the employee was smoking out front. Didn't really make me want to go back lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread