Not open for further replies.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Just like artwork to me...

Building the thing, making all the coils fire together, wicking it, juicing it...

And, Vapin it.

Beautiful, Just Beautiful!!!

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I'm not smart enough or have the time to enjoy your hobby. :)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I'm not smart enough or have the time to enjoy your hobby. :)
Smart enough?!? You are!

Time, Well thats another issue.

Gotta have something to do as I sit on this futon.

LOLz, Jim

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
You do realize the Russian is a Kayfun clone, right?

Yes Bronze. I'm well aware. But this is not a cheap clone and as others have said, it is highly respected. It's impeccably made and while it may be a clone in the truest sense, there are differences they incorporated that make it unique and a very nice RBA.

I don't think there is such a thing as "authentic" insulators. Either they fit or they don't. I doubt each one in the bag is perfect, we are talking about little pieces of mass-produced plastic here. I got mine off eBay.

I think I got mine from Lightening Vapes, but this was the first result to come up: 5 Kayfun Deck Insulators High Temp Delrin for Kayfun 3 1 Kayfun Lite Lite | eBay

Thanks OC. I wound up getting them from KindeyPuncher

Sir Rod.....this has long been a solution.

Thanks Bronze. But me and tools aren't very good friends. I'd likely mess things up more than help them. The whistle isn't bad or really objectionable. It really only becomes noticeable when I switch from the KFL+ to the Russian 91% because the Russian is infinitely quieter all the way around.

for spare Kayfun parts ... I bought 6 of these kits:

Kayfun Lite Plus Spare Kit by SvoeMesto

and I bought 3 sets each of these:

Kayfun Deck Insulators - 5 pack - Kidney Puncher
Kayfun Positive Post Insulators - 5 pack - Kidney Puncher

I have kinda prepared for the very worst case scenario if regulations turn really ugly :smokie:

Thanks Willy. I ordered the Kindey Puncher insulators this afternoon and I've already received a tracking confirmation. I'm so far pretty impressed with how quickly they shipped out this order.

Reactions: WillyZee

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yes Bronze. I'm well aware. But this is not a cheap clone and as others have said, it is highly respected. It's impeccably made and while it may be a clone in the truest sense, there are differences they incorporated that make it unique and a very nice RBA.
I'm not imparting any judgement on those who buy clones (counterfeits is another story). I own some clones and I can justify why. Each person has their justification and it doesn't necessarily reflect their own but they are equally entitled. Some people simply will not purchase a clone under any circumstances. And they are justified as well. I just want people to know what they are purchasing so they are not surprised or disappointed later down the road.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm not imparting any judgement on those who buy clones (counterfeits is another story). I own some clones and I can justify why. Each person has their justification and it doesn't necessarily reflect their own but they are equally entitled. Some people simply will not purchase a clone under any circumstances. And they are justified as well. I just want people to know what they are purchasing so they are not surprised or disappointed later down the road.

I have a SvoëMesto KFL+ and a Black Edition KF (V2 I think). While compared side-by-side the Svoë is made a bit better, Artemus (of Custom Mod Creations) did a nice job with his clone. To me, they vape pretty much the same.

Update: The KF came from Artemus a year or so ago and it was fine, but it appears he has recently turned into a flake. I don't recommend him anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronze

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

Bronze, I have a major league issue with counterfeit. I will never buy a counterfeit. But a Russian 91% is not counterfeit.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Why do I think no one can find a better deal than you?

I don't get many sale alerts from vendors who carry Xtar chargers, so I thought I'd ask around. I checked most of the vendors I could think of and they were all within a dollar of so of each other, but none on sale. Oh, I forgot, one place had it for $60.00 :blink:

Reactions: Bronze

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Cool! Thank you!

ETA: Actually, that one has $3.50 shipping which brings it to $39.75, whereas others on Amazon are $39.75 and $39.90 with free shipping, so we're still at $39 and some cents.

ETAA: oooW! I found one on eBay for $36.50/free ship from a US dealer who looks legit:

Items in Vaposeum store on eBay!

ETAAA: I bought it from the eBay guy. I like the PayPal payment withdrawn 14 days after receipt plan.

Last edited:

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA
I'm not imparting any judgement on those who buy clones (counterfeits is another story).

I'm curious as to what distinction you draw between a clone and a counterfeit. Is it still a clone if it has the original manufacturer's name and distinctive artwork on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread