Status
Not open for further replies.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Since we're talking hardware, what are some devices you all would like to see us offer on the web? We are always excited to see new innovation and bring in the crowd pleasers. By that same token, there are devices that aren't "big names" but are well kept secrets. Right now my favorite new devices are the Goblin by UD and the eleaf iStick 50w. The 50w really surprised me, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. It holds a charge really well, its super small and very comfortable in my hand, and there is something to be said about a device that will run anything (and well at that). I've run "stock tank", Subohm tanks, RTAs, and RDAs on it and it does a beautiful job.

I wish you guys would sell the Eleaf iStick 30w. I've got one and it is almost the perfect mod for those of us who are not sub-ohming it up. It's very small and fits beautifully in hand, battery lasts forever, has a spring-loaded contact pin and recharges with a simple USB to Micro USB cable that everybody has already. I can't think of anything I'd change on it for my uses. And it's smaller than the 50w version.

But I have to tell you that most retailers are selling the 30w version cheaper than you guys are selling the 20w version. Just an FYI since you know everybody price shops.

I also think you should consider selling the Lemo RTAs that Dusty mentioned. The Lemo 2 is supposed to be great, and I suspect a v2 of the Lemo Drop is on the way also. (Could already be here ; I don't keep up with the latest and greatest.)

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Pappy is that I stick you have the newer one where they sorta fixed the heat? My friend at work has the mini and it's absolutely adorbs but every every other hit was scorching me. (I'm a big baby). I'd love to ditch my provari mini and just get one of those. Much better for my stealth work vaping.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
LEMO 2.. one word, AWESOME! Vaping my 3rd tank of Max VG juice in it right now, and it's kept up at 25W. Even the Subtank faltered with Max VG. Impressed with this tank, and yes, it will most likely replace the KFL on my "Out and About" Zmax.

i-3q6B35h-XL.jpg

I've also been testing the Favotank by a company called YoCan. They have a ceramic wick in one of the heads that can be washed and dryburned. No more cotton or rayon wicks anymore. The problem, they did not take into account high VG users. Good news, they've already listened to feedback that was provided and have new versions headed over with larger wick holes in them. They've been using DHL to ship, so it gets here in 2 days. Should have the new versions in hand on Monday. Here's a peek at what they look like..

i-ZKHD86d-M.jpg

Massive air-holes (largest is 9mm) and an almost 5ml capacity. Lot of potential, if they can get it right.

That's the latest hardware updates from me. :)
I need to stop dragging my feet and order the Lemo 2. And I should stay up with this thread more.:oops:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I've also been testing the Favotank by a company called YoCan. They have a ceramic wick in one of the heads that can be washed and dryburned. No more cotton or rayon wicks anymore.

A permanent wicking medium will be the 'Next Big Thing' in Vaping, once it is done in a way that everyone can easily understand.

I wish you guys would sell the Eleaf iStick 30w. I've got one and it is almost the perfect mod for those of us who are not sub-ohming it up. It's very small and fits beautifully in hand, battery lasts forever, has a spring-loaded contact pin and recharges with a simple USB to Micro USB cable that everybody has already. I can't think of anything I'd change on it for my uses. And it's smaller than the 50w version.

I recently was in the Carolina Mountains, and the young man unloading my trailer was vaping one of these with a small tank. I got my first up close at the IStick,a nd it did appear to be a nice little power source. The young man raved about how he hadn't smoked in five months because of 'that thing'.
And that is what counts the most, right ?

I need to stop dragging my feet and order the Lemo 2. And I should stay up with this thread more.:oops:

WARNING ! WARNING ! Reading this Thread could be Hazardous to Your Bank Account !

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Pappy is that I stick you have the newer one where they sorta fixed the heat? My friend at work has the mini and it's absolutely adorbs but every every other hit was scorching me. (I'm a big baby). I'd love to ditch my provari mini and just get one of those. Much better for my stealth work vaping.

April, I have one of the 20w versions, which is the original with the PWM (or whatever it is) that causes it to vape hotter that it should at a given setting.

I also have the 30w version, which fixed that problem. It also has a spring loaded contact pin, which is a big improvement. I absolutely love it.

The mini that your friend has must be the little 10w version, and apparently it has the same chip in it as the original 20w does. I wonder if maybe there is a new version out, or perhaps coming out, that has the newer chip in it.

You can buy the 30w for about $40. The 20w and 30w versions are the same size, which is in between the mini and the 50w.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
One more thing. I still use my original 20w iStick all the time. I just adjust the watts about 2.0 watts lower than I would on the newer one.

For example, I'm using it right now with a KFL with a 2.1ohm coil vaping Legend at 5.8watts (3.4 volts). I would never vape a 2.1ohm coil on my 30w iStick or my Provari at that low of a setting.

Reactions: Bronze

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Ha. I have gone back and forth on this for quite some time. About two months ago I started saving for a Reo. (maybe a little more) I think I have already lost my mind for this. Remember how I've always talked about my love for wood, on the big HHV forum? The only reason I'm doing this, is because it is only for sale once a year. (otherwise I'd wait) I didn't decide for sure that I'd try to get a Woodvil, until late last night. Vaping has already caused my cc bill to go up considerably. The bottom fed mods and attys are my niche. That is what I will concentrate on, from now on. I like what the improvements Rob made on this run. That is one reason I want one of them, instead of maybe buying a used one. I tried to get a used Reo, but did not have luck. It seems that most people want to sell them for an amount higher than I find reasonable. So if I am going to pay a higher amount, I might as well get a new one, and one I choose. Also the blasted legislation is pushing me to get what I need, before they finally slam the door shut. That has driven me to go beyond my budget. Anyway, I am somewhat excited, and apprehensive, at the same time. If I get my first choice, it will truly be amazing. I will tell you that first choice later.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Ro, our favorite RDA's in the ECF Army are those that use direct-to-coil airflow (as opposed to side airflow on the barrel). We're talking Magma, Veritas, Achilles and there are others...Viking, Marquis, Mini Drip, Plume Veil, others. The Veritas and Achilles are virtually leakproof. The Achilles is for single coil only. The consensus here is that direct-to-coil airflow imparts the most intense flavor. Obviously, it was a design feature stolen from, (who else) the Kayfun.
Guess I'm off in left field with the Rose , it bears more resemblance to the Ithaka than the Kayfun but yup most RTA's have borrowed from the Kayfun .

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
KKay, let me offer a little advice on Woodvil Sale Night ;

1) make a short list of the ones you want. be sure to prioritize !
2) remember the page you 'selections' are on.
3) be on the Reos Mods website, in the Woodvil Section at 5:00 EDT. Hit 'F5' occaisionally until the "Out Of Stock. Notify Me" becomes "BUY NOW"
4) Click "BUY NOW" on the one you want.
5) IMMEDIATLY COMPLETE THE PURCHASE ! Rob's site will not save your cart. Others can still buy that mod until you actually complete the transaction. If you select your favorite, then go shopping for other items, and someone else buys your mod, the entire transaction is nullified on your end. Make separate orders if you want other items.
6) If you are buying more than one Woodvil, make separate orders for each.
7) [HASHTAG]#296[/HASHTAG] and 321 are stabilized wood. Wood with plastic injected into the grain to make a special appearance. These will be among the most sought after. There are also several people who have expressed interest in the Green and Yellow mods. (Packer fans, John Deere, etc.)
8) Rob stated early on that there would be a few Resin Mods mixed in. Look closely at [HASHTAG]#352[/HASHTAG] and 356. No description, and the grain looks.......
9) 5 and 9 are plunger doors with polyurethane finish. I can personally guarantee you that they won't be there long.
Good luck.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Thank you my friend. I would love to have two, but I am pushing it, just getting one. My favorite one will go fast. I am probably going to waste my time going for it. But I have a few in priority to choose from. Good luck to you too. I am going to bring in the dogs, before the event. They are going to be crated. The last thing I need is for a commotion out in the yard, to pull me from the computer. I am going to throw the ball for the puppy, as much as I can. I hope she will snooze, while I try my best to get the best Woody I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread