Joyetech Evic VT 60 Watt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
I'll be honest, I'm getting a little frustrated with a lot of the reviewers out there. Some are at the point where they just skim over a review and aren't focused on it at all. These videos aren't live, edit your screw ups out and focus on your review. Even a "first look" video can turn people away for no reason except you are a popular reviewer. I appreciate what they do, but with as many reviews as I've seen lately where a reviewer is flat out doing it wrong, I just can't put any faith in what they say any more. If you are going to review products, take the time and do it right. Phil Brusardo I think is one of them. I'm at the point where I watch his videos just to see what he's doing wrong. /rantover

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
I'll be honest, I'm getting a little frustrated with a lot of the reviewers out there. Some are at the point where they just skim over a review and aren't focused on it at all. These videos aren't live, edit your screw ups out and focus on your review. Even a "first look" video can turn people away for no reason except you are a popular reviewer. I appreciate what they do, but with as many reviews as I've seen lately where a reviewer is flat out doing it wrong, I just can't put any faith in what they say any more. If you are going to review products, take the time and do it right. Phil Brusardo I think is one of them. I'm at the point where I watch his videos just to see what he's doing wrong. /rantover
I hear ya! I still watch them as there is a saying... "Even in nonsense there is some sense!" So there is always something to learn and it could be just as you said, not how to do it. I think we learn more here amongst us all.

Reactions: BNEAT

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
To be fair to Nick, it was just a first impression. He just got it and was showing it off In a vlog, it wasn't an actual review.

No idea why he thinks the Smok TCT coils are Ti, they're most definitely Ni. Maybe the device has an issue reading Ni vs. Ti correctly?

Those Joyetech Ni/Ti coil heads look absolutely terrible. The tiny juice flow holes aren't going to cut it. Let's hope they fix that.

Oh, and yes, I cringed when he put the hot coil on with no resistance lock, ha.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimScotty0

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I honestly don't see this mod being more then $60 (pretty lowball I know) if the general scheme of TC mods coming out of china relates to this.
About the 250-300 range unfortunately is still sticking around. I was putzing around vapordna and they're about to sell a $300 VF dna 40 with a White cerakote finish. Looks sick AF but good luck to them to try to sell it. Honestly knowing diehards and fans I'm sure it will sellout.

OK, bring on the "I told you so"...
Evic VT 60W Box Mod by Joyetech PreOrder $57.99 Orange

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
well the strong vibrant yellow is a hit imo the features I would find especially interesting - a puff counter - just curious- temp - just curious wondering about things that would be a must have -a side charging port, a puff while charging, safety features. of course I live in Canada so being able to see one in a B and M store before they become almost obsolete is highly unlikely. My current set up is Istick 20 ( have two a lady Needs a back up) and Istick 50 so I could try a dripper. I do not need another set up so what would tempt me to buy, price, colour, puff counter, clear oled screen with temp - in a complete kit -battery , atomizer, skin - charger and a free bottle of juice- all this and to think I have only been vaping not quite 3 months

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I don't like box mods but at this price I'd try it just out of curiosity...
Maybe if you had the right one you'd change your mind?

I used to hate Box-mods, then I got my dual 18650 Flask (because it looked so cool) and now love the fact that I don't have to change batteries, EVER! I tried my friends Sigelei150 and remembered why I hated box-mods (it was like trying to carry a text book in my back pocket!) But then I tried his iStick50 and absolutely loved the size/shape/ergonomics of that little device, and this one appears to be almost identical to the iStick, so I'm pretty optimistic about it.

I just hope this doesn't cause me to lose interest in my $300 Flask!:facepalm:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
The problem with a Vaporflask is that it's so pretty, yet so fragile, and so expensive that if you're like me, you tend to relegate it to "stay at home" status.

That's why I tend to get cheap devices (and cheap clones) for "beaters". And at $60, the eVic falls in the beater price range.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
The problem with a Vaporflask is that it's so pretty, yet so fragile, and so expensive that if you're like me, you tend to relegate it to "stay at home" status.

That's why I tend to get cheap devices (and cheap clones) for "beaters". And at $60, the eVic falls in the beater price range.
Believe it or not, I use my Flask pretty much all day long in a machine shop atmosphere. In the 6 months I've had it, I've yet to drop it or mess it up (knock on wood) But yes, I'm always worried about it, and I'm really looking forward to a cheap device that does what it does without the associated stomach ulcers :)

Reactions: Hammy75

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
The great thing with the VaporFlask clones is that they're so pretty, and so numerous, and so cheap that, if you're like me, you buy five of them for $300 and have a "stay at home", a beater, a "stay in the car", and a couple propping up books in your book shelves. ;)

OK only two so far, but then next week I'll also have two Mini VFs which if I stand side by side could technically count as a third! Perhaps I'll wait a tiny bit longer before completing my $300 collection, though. Coupla weeks. Unless they clone a Yihi chip and put it in a Flask, that I could not resist.

Can't decide on this Joyetech. I hate the idea of the joggle-wheel thingy - I was already annoyed enough with mods that refused to add a fourth button, let alone one that feels it can cut back to one button and a knob. If Nickel Purity doesn't work well for Ti on the new Flasks then I will get it for Ti mode, but otherwise I shall try and resist. (As well as that's always worked thus far..)

The_Guyver

May 20, 2015
Camaro.jpg
Even though I just placed an ebay order for the YiHi SX Mini, I feel I have to buy this mod because it matches my car :2cool:

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC

Shigura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2015
Lincoln, NE
Preordered the black/red 2 days ago when I got notified. I'm psyched! Even though I have an iPV4, this is going to be the one I carry around when out n about & at work. Let's hope the second week of June is legit and we don't go through the whole iPV4 fiasco.
I'm holding out on this but as each day goes by I wanna press the damn trigger but alas, no. Although once I hear back from Gearbest on the already defective VS clone they sold me which finally decided to never fire for me again then possibly. In a super positive or hopeful world that they do decide to give me a refund then I will be in the market for another TC mod to replace it. But if the vaping gods were to deliver us a IPV Mini with TC or a ZNA type then I fear I will fail in my quest to hold out from buying lol.

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
I'm holding out on this but as each day goes by I wanna press the damn trigger but alas, no. Although once I hear back from Gearbest on the already defective VS clone they sold me which finally decided to never fire for me again then possibly. In a super positive or hopeful world that they do decide to give me a refund then I will be in the market for another TC mod to replace it. But if the vaping gods were to deliver us a IPV Mini with TC or a ZNA type then I fear I will fail in my quest to hold out from buying lol.

If you look around this forum a bit, you'll see that your wish is on its way ;) i hate that pre-order thing. Before the paid for, and hardly awaited piece of equipment is released, there are already 5 new toys announced..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread