Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Here's the Silo Beast, on my SX Mini M Series.

Just picked it up today, and so far, I'm really liking it!

I drove to Beyond Vape, which is somewhat near my home and they happened to be having a "buy one item, get 10% off, buy two items, get 20% off" deal, so I ended up getting the Silo Beast, as well as the the shorty sleeve, which costs an additional $13.

With the standard tank, the Silo Beast holds 5ml of juice. Stick the shorty tank on it, and it'll hold 2.5ml. The photo shows the tank with the shorty on the beast, at the moment.

LOVE that you can top fill! No need to remove from your SX or other battery, just unscrew the top lid and fill 'er up! As an added bonus, the top lid is completely flat, so you can fill the tank up completely, right up to the o ring protecting the chimney from getting juice down it.

I've ordered Temp Controlled coils from Vapor Shark for this tank, as I hear the work great!

It's a slick, very nice looking tank, with a very sufficient window to check juice levels, while being primarily composed of Stainless Steel, giving it a different look from the Kanger Sub, Atlantis, Starre tanks....

If you have any questions, as away. Currently using a .3 ohm coil, producing very flavorful vapor, but it's a little warm (probably wouldn't get quite as warm if I were using the longer tank, as the drip tip would be that much farther away from the coil)

IMAG0280.jpg

Smeef

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Williamsport, PA
Nice write up. This tank is just down right sexy. Do you have any others you can compare it to? As far as flavor. I have two Arctics and enjoy them, however I would like a tank that will give me options with coils. I've been thinking of a Starre tank, but love the look of this.

Sent from deep space via telegraph.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Nice write up. This tank is just down right sexy. Do you have any others you can compare it to? As far as flavor. I have two Arctics and enjoy them, however I would like a tank that will give me options with coils. I've been thinking of a Starre tank, but love the look of this.

I have the Kanger Sub tank mini, Kanger Sub tank nano, iSub from Innokin, and the FreeMax Starre.

My previous favorite tank for flavor and clouds, but mostly flavor, is the Starre tank. I also really love the capacity of the Starre tank, which is 5ml.(I'm personally much more interested in great flavor over cloud production. Yeah... I like billowy clouds, but I'm not entering any competitions...)

I've compared the Starre tank to the Silo Beast, in the photo below. Keep in mind, I currently have the Beast in SHORTY mode, and it's basically exactly the same size as the Starre tank (in the photo, the Starre tank is on my iStick 50w, and the Beast is on the SX Mini. The iStick is shorter, which is why the Starre tank looks smaller. I did put some manual under the iStick, to try and raise up the hight of the Starre)

The Silo Beast, in standard mode (4.5ml capacity) is quite a bit taller then the Starre, but it's also more flexible and, in my opinion, a nicer looking tank! I LOVE the use of Stainless Steel over 90% of the tank, with only a modest amount of plexiglass... however, Beyond Vapes didn't make the same mistake as the Joyetech did with the Delta II, of having such small amounts of glass that viewing your juice level became a pain... with the Silo, it's no problem quickly and easily seeing how much juice you have left!

And the real bonus is when it comes time to fill the tank... quickly unscrew the top, leaving the tank on your device and leaving the drip tip attached to the top section, fill, replace top and you're done!

Flavor with using a .5ohm coil is excellent... might even be on par with the Starre (hey... I'm a poet and I don't know it)... GREAT flavor!

I've ordered temp controlled Atlantis coils from Vapor Shark. I hear they work great in this tank. I often use my Kanger mini, with TC coils... they deliver great flavor and seem to last longer then kanthal coils.....

Bottom line, if you own and use the Atlantis tank, or the Atlantis v2, and like it, this tank will deliver the same flavor, as it uses the same coils! Only difference will be the air flow, and this tank delivers excellent air flow. I don't own an Atlantis, so I can't say how it compares as far as air flow.

Last note... I called Beyond Vapes last night to ask a quick question, and they mentioned, unrelated to my question, that they also carry a LONG section! Not only can you shorten this tank up, to a 2.5ml size, you can make it larger then the stock 4.5ml to 6ml!

It's really quite a flexible tank, that, in my opinion, looks outstanding! 2015-05-24 05.52.44.jpg

2015-05-24 05.52.44.jpg

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
It is sexy and sorta reminds me of a Kayfun in looks, but I'm sure that's where the similarity ends. Does top filling it have the potential to flood as your twisting on the top section?

Nope. The top cap is perfectly flat (see photo below), except for the groves that screw into the threads. You can fill it right up to the gasket that surrounds the chimney, which is below the threads, and the tank won't leak when the top is reinstalled!

You should close the air flow at the bottom prior to filling, then open it back up once the tank is filled, but that's it! :thumb:

Top Cap.JPG

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
How does this tank compare to the Kanger SubTank with stock coils, do you like it more or less then the SubTank? Is it basically the same as the Atlantis in the way of flavour and clouds? I have never tried one of those either.

It uses the Atlantis v1 or v2 coils, so the flavor is probably the exact same (I don't own an Atlantis), the only difference would probably be air flow. This tank has excellent air control, and delivers great amounts of air, so you can have a tight draw, or a very airy draw for direct lung hits!

I happen to really like the Kanger SubTank mini that I have.

That being said, I think the Silo Beast delivers a slightly airier draw if you want it, and is a nicer looking tank (my opinion)

I love that it is made of primarily metal, with only a small glass window exposed, making it less prone to breaking and looking sharp!

Between the high tech look, ability to change it's size to small (2.5ml), medium (4.5-5ml) and extra large (6ml) without having to purchase an entirely new tank, and top fill, I give the edge to the Silo Beast. It IS more money then the SubTank mini, but my feeling is you only pay for the tank once, and if you use it for a while, it's worth the extra $10 or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread