Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
But they say we will get 3-5 more inches of rain by Memorial Day. Good grief. A houseboat might be a good idea, next time around.
maybe you can float down to see me. If I see ya floating past, I'll lasso you!

Afternoon Delightful Hugs2all. It is an absolutely beautiful day. I have gotten some sleep for the past two days. I think that is a record for me. My hand was completely numb and it woke me up this morning but still wonderful to sleep. :)
Soooooo glad you've been getting some sleep!!!

baby girl is back home and boy did they butcher my poor baby big 6 inch scar oh and she ate a bit now she is back on the bed
awwwwwwwww, well at least now it's done. Is she still talkin to ya, or glaring at ya???

Holy Cow! I got some catching up to do. :rolleyes:
Good to see you!!! And thanks for setting up the thread for the woodvils!! Hope you'll have some time to chat with us!!

Howdy y'all!!!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Good evening, everyone! :)
My, my, my....such activity...and this new forum setup! Going to take some adjusting ....I'll adapt as I always do. It will take me a bit though.

And OMG....did I see Davelog post???? Holy Cow! I got some catching up to do. :rolleyes:

yay! Mom came back :)

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
maybe you can float down to see me. If I see ya floating past, I'll lasso you!

Soooooo glad you've been getting some sleep!!!

awwwwwwwww, well at least now it's done. Is she still talkin to ya, or glaring at ya???

Good to see you!!! And thanks for setting up the thread for the woodvils!! Hope you'll have some time to chat with us!!

Howdy y'all!!!
Hiya gurl! You're welcome! Karen's been keeping me posted while I've been dealing with stuff and had mentioned the thread, so I wanted to do it before I forgot. Sadly, i won't be here tomorrow for most of the activities. My daughter has an awards banquet we're attending tomorrow for NJROTC so we'll be missing the fun.

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Hahaha! ya...oh goodie, I'm sure! :lol: I think of you every time I go into town...there's a jeep with a sticker in the back window. MAMA TRIED

you'd be proud of me since you've been busy, Lisa.

i only got one infraction :)

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
The lounge should be a no rules room. There must be a way the Mods could make that happen right ?

apparently retired1 doesn't like acronyms that start with F, end with L, and has an M in between

and, yep, that was a Lounge post

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
apparently retired1 doesn't like acronyms that start with F, end with L, and has an M in between

and, yep, that was a Lounge post
That's good to know. I that that was sorta ok. Especially seeing as it was referring to yourself :lol:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
The Reo fun will still be here, awards banquets happy only a few times! Never was one much for dressin up, but always enjoyed the JROTC balls and banquets. So great to see so many kids loving their country and on the right track!

Darrel......we gotz rulz???
Ya...I'm looking forward to getting some good pictures. She looks sharp in her dress blues. She's part of a fantastic group. Today they held a memorial day assembly at school....like it was THEIR assembly. I didn't know they did that. thought that was something that the admin did. But nope, she got up and did some speaking about memorial day along with the whole NJROTC doing their color guard, flag folding and drill stuff. On monday, they'll (the honor guard) will be performing at a number of cemeteries, finishing up with a gun salute at the American Legion Post. busy weekend for her. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Lisa, that's so great she's doing all that!! Jup they usually do a lot for veteran's day and memorial day. And many other things. My son went to the nursing home where my Aunt worked in uniform and sang the National Anthem and visited with all the older vets. It really meant so much to them to see a young person so committed, with so much pride in their country!

Dennis, I would have had to argue that what I meant by that was folded my laundry

probably woulda got 2 infractions though if you had lol

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Lisa, that's so great she's doing all that!! Jup they usually do a lot for veteran's day and memorial day. And many other things. My son went to the nursing home where my Aunt worked in uniform and sang the National Anthem and visited with all the older vets. It really meant so much to them to see a young person so committed, with so much pride in their country!

Dennis, I would have had to argue that what I meant by that was folded my laundry

probably woulda got 2 infractions though if you had lol
Ya, they did that for veterans day here too. the cool part is that they've come a long way since then. I'm so proud of them!

Reactions: Debadoo

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
This is weird ... have a question.
Every time I slide the door on, the magnet sucks the battery loose at the top, and I get like a "semi" contact.
Would running some duct tape around the battery at the top help stop the magnetic pull ??
Also, I have always used "button" top battery's and I see Rob does too.
I was thinking a flat top would get me better contact, since it's wider than a narrow button, and even if the battery moved, I would still get a full contact.
OR, can I angle the positive contact more towards the door, for better contact with the button top.
That little magnet on the door pulls the battery forward just before it snaps in place with the other magnet
on the body, as that's the easiest place to pull it forward as it goes by.
No, my springs not collapsed .. it's just a powerful little magnet
Now with the light weight grand, I can take a pencil and push the battery back in tight through the hole and it's good, but I can't do that with the solid doors.
So .. tape ?? .. swap button top for flat, ... adjust positive contact
What's my easiest solution :cry:

OK, I have found that if I push the door on up high enough I can push the battery back in tight, and solve the problem because pushing the door back down, the magnet doesn't get a chance to grab it again Waa Laa :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: misswish1

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Slots, dunno bout the problem, but I do know, be careful about tape. If it's too thick or if your battery doesn't move easily, if you do have a short and the spring collapses, your batt won't drop if it's in too tight. I know someone will be on later, probably tomorrow with some ideas.

where has ST been lately??

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Slots, dunno bout the problem, but I do know, be careful about tape. If it's too thick or if your battery doesn't move easily, if you do have a short and the spring collapses, your batt won't drop if it's in too tight. I know someone will be on later, probably tomorrow with some ideas.
where has ST been lately??
Well, I think I already solved it sweetie ... it was kinda one of those "DUH" moments :rolleyes:
Like I said, just push the door up past the battery, snap the battery back in snug (yeah, it "clicks" when it goes back in), push the door down in place and it's fixed. yup, it was a duh moment,
Wish I hadn't asked .. now everyone thinks I'm senile :p
They sure are working good now ...thanks for the tape advice, your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread