RBA VS RDA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2014
Virginia
RBA is a general term used for a rebuild-able atomizer (your coil, wick, and sometime a tank), and an RDA is a rebuild-able dripping (called a dripper because you regularly have to fill it by dripping liquid on it) atomizer, one without a tank, and usually a shallow juice well. There are also RTAs which is a rebuild-able tank atomizer, same thing, just has a tank for your juice so no dripping is required. Also welcome to EFC! :toast:

AspireKaren

Unresolved Status
May 21, 2015
RBA is a general term used for a rebuild-able atomizer (your coil, wick, and sometime a tank), and an RDA is a rebuild-able dripping (called a dripper because you regularly have to fill it by dripping liquid on it) atomizer, one without a tank, and usually a shallow juice well. There are also RTAs which is a rebuild-able tank atomizer, same thing, just has a tank for your juice so no dripping is required. Also welcome to EFC! :toast:
ok ,thank you so much for your help, so I was wondering which one is the trand leader for nowadays?:party:

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
It all depends on what you want, RDAs can be used for getting massive clouds, but I personally don't think they produce the flavor as an RTA, plus I like the convenience of not needing to take a bottle of juice with me to drip every few minutes

Getting more technical, There are BF RDA's. Some call them squonkers. Squeeze a bottle of juice carried onboard the device to deliver juice to coil and wick of choice. No need to be distracted by dripping juice on the coil(s) by removing the top or drip tip of the atomizer. As to flavor-clouds, the size of the chamber, amount of airflow and the size/type of coil used all have an effect on flavor/cloud production. With the right atomizer/coil combo, great flavor and decent cloud production can be found.

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
If your going to be vaping while out and about or on the move a lot I'd say say get an RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer) like the subtank, atlantis or lemo. RDA's can be a little inconvenient to use while on the move because of having to drip all the time.
If your going to be vaping at home though I'd say get an RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer). Something like the magma maybe that gives good flavour.

Edit: The atlantis and the subtank aren't strictly RTA's because you have to buy replacement coil head for them but you do get a second rebuildable base with the subtank so it can be used as one.

Last edited:

Margate69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It all depends on what you want, RDAs can be used for getting massive clouds, but I personally don't think they produce the flavor as an RTA, plus I like the convenience of not needing to take a bottle of juice with me to drip every few minutes

Some droppers are made for clouds, others for flavor my thundercloud makes huge clouds, my Vulcan produces great flavor but not clouds

SirPapers

Moved On
May 29, 2014
Australia
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread