Catfish atty mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Tried to, nobody wanted it. Not a single nibble except one person asking if the metal drip tip comes off. LOL

Maybe I'll stick it in the ECF classifieds.

I'm going to have to grab one of those 3mm glass for the Lancia also the next time I something being shipped. Looks awesome. I'll ALSO be contacting Tbev about a delrin top. I love the way the Lancia vapes. Hate the top heavy tall class part. This takes care of both. Awesome.

That's odd... I sold 23 of them on Facebook.

Kentastic

Not Batman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Central Californication
That's odd... I sold 23 of them on Facebook.
Maybe I should have sold it in your group. LOL but I didn't want to post "hey here is one a little cheaper than the one CH is selling in fact it IS the once CH is selling... only cheaper".

I'm just going to be patient and get the slam cap and stick a delrin drip tip on the sucker and I'll probably end up liking it. I'm just whining. Nothing to do with Catfish Atties except for being the supplier/messenger.

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
Is yours one that doesn't have the flange screw ?
Read some people say they were going to buy a flange screw or use a washer.
Maybe thread the screw in a bit then twist the wire around it and out and use one of the prongs to hold it in place.
I got the flange screw and put the screw in then wire between the prongs wrap around screw then out.

I bought 3 (Marquis) and 2 of them didn't have the flange screw. I just used some stainless washers I had laying around from my genny days. It really does need the surface area to grab the wire for duals. Whether it be washer or flange screw, it's easy money after that. And like chowder said, turn up the heat ~.3 ohm and you'll get a Vape that's hard to beat. (If you're a lung hitter) :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I bought 3 (Marquis) and 2 of them didn't have the flange screw. I just used some stainless washers I had laying around from my genny days. It really does need the surface area to grab the wire for duals. Whether it be washer or flange screw, it's easy money after that. And like chowder said, turn up the heat ~.3 ohm and you'll get a Vape that's hard to beat. (If you're a lung hitter) :)

My Marquis (2) didn't have the flange screws either.

mousiemaximus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2009
Hi Tom,

Got my Hornet today and built it. It is perfect for my mini madness. I tested it against a grand, mini 2.1, mini mini LP (14500) and original mini mini (not LP) and it fits and works perfect in all.

Thanks to Russ for the vid on building. Really like this one.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hi Tom,

Got my Hornet today and built it. It is perfect for my mini madness. I tested it against a grand, mini 2.1, mini mini LP (14500) and original mini mini (not LP) and it fits and works perfect in all.

Thanks to Russ for the vid on building. Really like this one.

Thank you :) dang that video seems old to me now :)

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
My Marquis (2) didn't have the flange screws either.
You got the 2 authentics.... Yes they did. Look at your top post closely. It's there. The only clones that had them were the very first run that ran side by side with the Derringer v1.1. I have ordered them from multiple vendors and the and it seems they stopped supplying them with the screws. I'm currently out of Marquis clones but I'm looking for a better version. I have asked infinite but they don't make a Marquis clone. Perhaps I will have to try Ehpro but as I recal they don't make one either. Hunting.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Threw this video together after receiving my Derringer. Works great Tom!

You got vid talent brother Jeff. I see another vaping hombre that upon first hit, just silently (or maybe very loudly) said "Gawd DAYumm , 'll never vape a single coil atty again"

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
As soon as I saw this I knew I wanted one! I remember when my good friend @RPadTV showed me his Vulcan, I knew VLS had quality workmanship behind them, so this should be no different. I got one coming and considering I can't find an OG Aeolus, I went with this one -- actually really happy my money instead went with VLS on this type of atty purchase.

Check it out:

Vector-5.jpg

https://www.vapourlifestyle.com/products/vulcan-vector.html

Sigh. Every time I think I'm done buying gear for awhile, something like this happens. I don't know about that tapered center post for BF, but I soooo love my Vulcans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread