Innokin enters the sub ohm arena with the isub...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingfish

Unresolved Status
May 5, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Don't be fooled by the tanks material , this stuff is a lot different than the poly's that most are used to .

German Polycarbonate

The whole world respects German engineering as the pinnacle in many fields. When you see that the Innokin iSub tank is made from German PC, you are going to take a second look at polycarbonate.

Newer versions are less prone to clouding than earlier PC, and as for cracking, you would have to run an Innokin iSub over with a steamroller to break it. The stainless steel caps would be more likely to bend first.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
for <$20 not bad, not as fugly as i initially thought after seeing a vid. galss w/ss would look nice imo when it comes out.
cant swap out tip...yet.
would coils cost as much as tank, lol.
rba would be good idea as tank cost very little = low cost vape

imho, ymmv, to each their own, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yada yada etc etc............

The isub is selling around at most places for around $14.00 , the coils are much much cheaper than most . Innokin listed this as a no frills model .

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
My Vapor Store has 'em for $12.50!

Also, I now see that there's a new Innokin tank, the iSub G... seems identical in design, but with pyrex glass, and has a capacity of 4.5ml instead of 4ml.

My Freedom Smokes has 'em for $19.95.

Personally, I haven't had any issue with the polycarbonate tank, and for adding only half a ml extra capacity, I'd stick with the cheaper option, but I know some people only want glass.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
My Vapor Store has 'em for $12.50!

Also, I now see that there's a new Innokin tank, the iSub G... seems identical in design, but with pyrex glass, and has a capacity of 4.5ml instead of 4ml.

My Freedom Smokes has 'em for $19.95.

Personally, I haven't had any issue with the polycarbonate tank, and for adding only half a ml extra capacity, I'd stick with the cheaper option, but I know some people only want glass.

Yep, I ordered the iSub G and 10 replacement coils from MVS a couple of days ago. Should have it soon. I expect it to be a solid value coming from Innokin, and the coils are cheaper than most other subtank coils.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Yep, I ordered the iSub G and 10 replacement coils from MVS a couple of days ago. Should have it soon. I expect it to be a solid value coming from Innokin, and the coils are cheaper than most other subtank coils.

You should like it... I get great flavor from my iSub!

Reactions: gpjoe

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
Got an iSubG today. I like it better than the Atlantis. Flavor seems on par with Kanger OCC. About to finish my second tank of juice in it and I'm very pleased with it so far.

MEL_zpsjbfayleo.jpg~original

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Don't be fooled by the tanks material , this stuff is a lot different than the poly's that most are used to .

German Polycarbonate

The whole world respects German engineering as the pinnacle in many fields. When you see that the Innokin iSub tank is made from German PC, you are going to take a second look at polycarbonate.

Newer versions are less prone to clouding than earlier PC, and as for cracking, you would have to run an Innokin iSub over with a steamroller to break it. The stainless steel caps would be more likely to bend first.
and @erikbal

thank you so much for mentioning German Poly because I think your post is probably the best place to piggyback this, released by Innokin, which is a report on the tanks after 21 days with citrus and cinnamon (i.e., no cracking or glazing) :
http://innokin.com/manuals/iSub Report.pdf

Reactions: herb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread