Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
I am not sure what one would call a PloVari :blink: ... clone or counterfeit?

View attachment 458733
We actually got one of these to test, many months ago.

It lasted about 4 minutes, then something cooked on the circuit board. We never really got to try it out. Ohh well.

The circuit board inside was not anything close to being a copy of our board.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I have to give VapVip some credit. On their website it says, "PloVari Clon mod Hotcig Hot (no Provari)"

also confirms it really is an authentic ... hardcore PloVari users insist on nothing but authentic :blink:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Counterfeit to me is when the atty is made to look exactly like the original and it is sold as if it is the original. If someone is going to make and sell an atty that is not authentic, I want them to make it clear they are not authentics.

There's a store in Tampa who sells the svoemesto K4 for $34. It even has the svoemesto logo on it. I asked them how they're selling them for $34, when they really sell for $180 and the guy just looked at me with a total blank stare. He's just a counter guy and likely doesn't know diddly about authentic/clone/counterfeit. But that's just plain wrong and I feel badly for anyone who buys one thinking they got a great deal.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
There's a store in Tampa who sells the SvoeMesto K4 for $34. It even has the SvoeMesto logo on it. I asked them how they're selling them for $34, when they really sell for $180 and the guy just looked at me with a total blank stare. He's just a counter guy and likely doesn't know diddly about authentic/clone/counterfeit. But that's just plain wrong and I feel badly for anyone who buys one thinking they got a great deal.

We have a high end store here that sells authentics and another one that looks high end, but sells clones. They make it very clear that the sell clones (they think authentics aren't worth the money).

Reactions: Bronze

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Somebody like Ehpro, Tobeco, Hcigar, Infinite, others make it totally clear their products are clones (not authentic). Those are less controversial than when you go to a vendor and they pass it off as an authentic. The latter is just plain wrong. The former is open for debate and I see both sides of the argument.

And the Russian 91% does not fit this category. The ones you reference look exactly like a KFL. Down to the air hole adjustment screw. The Russian 91% has notable differences from the KFL+, even if they are extremely similar. So when someone sells a UTC/Kebo Authentic Russian 91% it is an Authentic Russian 91%.

Reactions: stanleybb50

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I wouldn't consider the Russian a complete clone of the Kayfun either ... just a well made atty that copied some Kayfun ideas.

there are Kayfun clones that actually look real, however they don't have the logos ... then there are the counterfeits that could actually be used to dupe people.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Russian-91-Clone.jpg

I couldn't resist.
stirpot.gif

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I wouldn't consider the Russian a complete clone of the Kayfun either ... just a well made atty that copied some Kayfun ideas.

there are Kayfun clones that actually look real, however they don't have the logos ... then there are the counterfeits that could actually be used to dupe people.
Yet pretty much all the parts are interchangeable.

Reactions: NeoGoldenBoy

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Geeee....9 pages.... impossibru...

On a side note, VapeEscape got a new programmer with the 48h delivery on Thursday and I'm picking up the P3 at the post office later today.
Good times.
Thanks VapeEscape, thanks Vape360 and the rest of the team at Provape:)

R

P.S. Good morning, "vapesters".

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I thought so too...

But evidently that has all changed. Nevertheless, I snapped a couple of pix for you.

When I get it figured out, I'll post em!

Jim

Posting pics with TapaTalk is easy! What do you have iOS or Android?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA
Daywork onboard 10-8, 10-99. Good morning everyone, and Happy Memorial Day to my American brethren.

"Oh my friends, my friends forgive me
That I live and you are gone.
There's a grief that can't be spoken.
There's a pain goes on and on.

Phantom faces at the windows.
Phantom shadows on the floor.
Empty chairs at empty tables
Where my friends will meet no more..."

In loving memory and eternal remembrance of all those who lost their lives in service to our nation...

RLTW!!!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I did my best to avoid the clone debate. Here is a clone but sure looks like an authentic.
Kayfun v4 Clone by Tobeco - Eciggity

I don't buy clones. The Russian 91% is 9% shorter so not a clone to me. The Kayfuns no matter who makes them are what I call knock offs and I can't support them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread