fbfef7b8ecbb9c8e5819caf07813e6cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
This is a problem, truth be told. But it's a typical problem with "premium" Chinese merchandise across multiple industries. Currently however, selling the SXMini M below MAP is a sure give away that a vendor is NOT "authorized".

One such "premium" China merchandiser is innokin..... they show plainly on their web site the warranty, authorized distributors, their products, vendor application forms, and etc. To me innokin meets the criteria defining a "Premium" China manufacturer. Other China e-cig companies not providing the same do not meet the definition IMO...

Innokin - E Cigarette-Electronic Cigarette

joyetech is another "Premium" China manufacturer...

Joyetech electronic cigarette, Tank System, Changeable System, eGrip, Delta series, eCom Mega, eRoll-C, eCom-BT, eCom-C, eVic supreme, Joye510CC, eCom, eMode, eGo-CC, eVic, eRoll, eCab, eGo-C, eGo-T, eGo, Joyetech e-Juice, myVapors

Last edited:

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
One such "premium" China merchandiser is Innokin..... they show plainly on their web site the warranty, authorized distributors, their products, vendor application forms, and etc. To me Innokin meets the criteria defining a "Premium" China manufacturer. Other China e-cig companies not providing the same do not meet the definition IMO...

Innokin - E Cigarette-Electronic Cigarette

Agreed. The big three (Innokin, Kanger & Aspire) warranty their goods in this country through their authorized distributor-vendor networks. However, we can't purchase directly from their distributors, only retailers can (and perhaps large group buys). Besides, I've never seen a warranty from a Chinese manufacturer of longer than six months before. That being said, none of the big three are structured as "premium" suppliers. There is no pricing controls or MAP in place.

Yihi is currently climbing their learning curve. Remember, as of a few months ago, they were strictly an OEM. Their boards, sold in this country, were only obtainable through a small, controlled network and warrantied against DOA only. Once a modder solders a joint, the warranty is voided.

I don't have a problem with Evolv's technology or customer service in general. They do good work. They ARE a premium OEM. Their production issues, however, have been very frustrating, to say the least, to both their partners and end consumers alike. It has been a huge PR nightmare and probably why they have limited their communications directly to the public.

Don't get me wrong. I give Evolv many props. They entered a market where all the big guns feared to tread. Does anyone not think that Murata, G.E. or Texas Instruments could have blown both Evolv and Yihi's efforts out of the water at half the price to the consumers? Who wants to invest any capital in an industry drowning in monumental questions surrounding potential regulation/legislation? Evolv stepped up to the plate at a time that vapers desperately needed them. But they need to get their production process in order. Evolv will not likely survive another product release like the DNA 40. Besides, the big guns may just yet get in the market, depending on the FDA's final decisions.

Further IP discussions are .........ory at best and, more than likely, simply argumentative. The companies and their attorneys can figure the whole mess out. Joyetech's new eVic-VT may just make the entire Yihi/Evolv decision moot.

The bigger picture? If you like whatever product/technology you choose and it keeps you off the analogs, then you're a winner, pure and simple. The rest of us need to get a life...

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Last edited:

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
So where is this "official" list of distributors?
Perhaps you misread my comment. Did I say I had a list?
looked at many vendors sites and none that I see say they are "official distributors
Try Google Search or any other Search engine than the one your using. Perhaps your search engine isn't very good. There's not a lot on the search engines but that's up to the vendors what they put on their websites.
atozvaporworld.com
Buffalo Vapor Shop
Yihi's main web site doesn't even show the SX 350 Mini M class (or any other device) as a product
Thought I read somewhere you posted you had 2 or 3 degrees, one being "Computer Technology"? If so you should already be aware that many large corporations have hundreds if not thousands of domains & sub domains that they host their specific websites on. If you had the SXmini or SXmini M you would know the website as it's in the documentation in addition to me linking it to you previously. And it's nothing but the SXmini devices. SXmini maker,SXmini,yihisxmini,yihiecigar,sx350,yihi sx350, yihi sx350 mini, yihiecigar sx350 mini, gravity sensor,www.yihisxmini.com,120w device

so how do customers know they have a valid warranty according to your Item 7 comment?
Ask Yihi???

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
So how about this idea as a new SX Mini feature:

In the settings you can swap the lower button function to either adjust modes (e.g., Standard/Soft/Powerful) or temperature. When configured to change temperature, this works similarly to the up or down when selecting through memory settings (e.g., M1, M2). Also, they could enable gravity mode too to select through the different temperatures.

Reactions: JimScotty0

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
So how about this idea as a new SX Mini feature:

In the settings you can swap the lower button function to either adjust modes (e.g., Standard/Soft/Powerful) or temperature. When configured to change temperature, this works similarly to the up or down when selecting through memory settings (e.g., M1, M2). Also, they could enable gravity mode too to select through the different temperatures.

I'm finding I don't need to adjust the temp very often from my initial settings but it would certainly be an improvement to adjust it from the main display rather than having to go into the sub menu system.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm finding I don't need to adjust the temp very often from my initial settings but it would certainly be an improvement to adjust it from the main display rather than having to go into the sub menu system.

I never use the standard/soft/etc. modes, but when putting in a new juice I do tend to experiment with the temp settings to find what I like. Going through the menu to do that is a bit of a chore I feel.

ChrisCanal

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2014
Denver, CO, USA
I never use the standard/soft/etc. modes, but when putting in a new juice I do tend to experiment with the temp settings to find what I like. Going through the menu to do that is a bit of a chore I feel.
+1 on this. I feel exactly the same about it.

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Evolv shills vs. Yihi shills arguing over nonsense,
Yep.... said it many times.... IP is not settled in social media.... just discussion that leads nowhere...

Agree if you found your vaping happy place that's all that really matters... found mine years ago...

Thank you. This whole business with the Evolv shills in the other thread is really pretty hilarious. IP and patents mean nothing unless one company plans to bring another to court to enforce it. And we all know that will never happen.

Unless these guys have a personal stake in Evolv, I have no idea why they're so salty over it. It's like they're personally offended that temperature control is out in the wild now. In the end, consumers win. Leave the IP fight to those it really matters to.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
So where is this "official" list of distributors? I looked on Yihi's web site and no list... looked at many vendors sites and none that I see say they are "official distributors"... Yihi's main web site doesn't even show the SX 350 Mini M class (or any other device) as a product...so how do customers know they have a valid warranty according to your Item 7 comment?

I emailed yihi and asked for uk official distributor list
Took a number of emails to get any sort of answer of use
Eventually I just listed links to all websites/vendors in the uk offering sx mini m classes for sale
The reply was strange as it just said its ok to use Hog Vaping and thanked me for the information
I don't know if that meant the others were not authorised & was just lucky I bought mine from Hog

I am still baffled why I did not receive a full list of approved vendors & only 1of7 was ok
Do Yihi not know who buys from them & is an official distributors or is that the only vendor you can purchase from here with warranty

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The topic came up in reference to posts regarding the best heating material for foods — which is what we are doing with e-liquids and quite relevant to vaping and the various builds we can use on the M class!

You’re the one who turned it into a personal attack and steered it off topic.

My point..... Let's say (which has been reported they are trying to) yihi comes up with a way to somehow allow just as accurate temperature control using Kathal as nickel. How many will choose a nickel build over kanthal?
If only Kanthal could make their A1 alloy as consistent as pure nickel, then it may happen. You will more likely see it happen with something like NiCr 80 first

Gulliverfoyle

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
NJ
Possibly a good idea for @whitewidows to add to the OP or create a sticky of all the vendors people have reported in this thread of having a good experience purchasing their M class from. So far i've seen:

Varitube
Ginger Vaper
Yeti Vapes
Wet Vapes
VapeNW
Eciggity
VapinArt

If i left any out, just shoot me a PM or post and I'll edit if can't be added to OP or sticky.

I purchased my 2 M class devices from Dashvapes.com out of Canada. Even though I am on the east coast, USA, they get stuff to me faster than most west coast stores. Nice people to deal with as well.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
Reactions: Bimini Twist

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Yes. My bad. Didn't see that "and" in there. But what's with the "online shop" part? Don't all vendors have an online shop?
Good question. I'm assuming it's a translation issue. I'm thinking "online shop" means big shopping sites, sort of like big department stores. But it sure would be simpler for everybody if they simply listed their authorized dealers. Especially since they know the SX has been cloned already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread