I'm thinkin' maybe we should try this again? . . . . and you kids should behave yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
This mod has no adjustment button.....

gravity sensing... tilt to adjust [it is either 3 or 5 clicks to bring up menu]

i don't like the little button cap, it looks like an afterthought on a design i wasn't too big on to begin with. but i am coming around based on performance promise

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Ok guys. I'm stumped. I bought a Svapiamo mod with a sx350 chip from the classies and I can't figure out how the damn thing works. I've gotten from 50w down to ten after an hour of fiddling, but it won't fire. The screen reds check atty. anyone know anything about these? The maker is Italian and I can't find instructions in English.

510 connection? I had a similar problem with my dibi, but was fortunate to find someone locally to adjust it for me.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
ok, here's a little peek into just how crazy it can get... one day we were discussing high tension wrapping in the microcoil thread and I just couldn't bring myself to do it the way others were, guys were making wrapping a coil into a big ordeal with jigs clamped to tables and hanging weights and even fishing reels with kanthal spooled to them, I like to keep coil wrapping simple and quick and I kept thinking there has to be a better way and I really wanted to try this, so I built a high tension coil winder just to see the difference a tensioned coil can make. heres what those thoughts lead to :?: yeah it does at least make a perfect coil every time in either direction and any diameter I want and I can make like 100 coils in less than an hour, but normal? maybe not so much :)

List for Electric Coil Winder:

1. BobC

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Here's some pics of the [HASHTAG]#3551[/HASHTAG] Rosewood I snagged. It will be available to the first person who wants it for a dibi↔ibid, Dis-Dat . .. for the new mod design. ( . . . . Cappy S ?. . . . )

17948543046_3078ce8c3c_c.jpg

17787119698_25fecfa400_c.jpg

i pass out for a couple days and the bee scores this. damn

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
If some greedy individual ran huge cloud chasing atties on the Dibimini, would a bigger 510 top-plate such as the 22mm Fat Daddy allow for a better connection for the firing pin assembly?

I like the new decorative button; time to start practising Morse code again! :)

T

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
If some greedy individual ran huge cloud chasing atties on the Dibimini, would a bigger 510 top-plate such as the 22mm Fat Daddy allow for a better connection for the firing pin assembly?

T
It would solve the possibility of the spring plate scratching the finish T, but man IMO it would look ugly on that mod because the mod now is smaller and a big 22mm 510 (like this new one FD made) would kinda fill the top cap.
New FD 510

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

T

you know, it's not going to hurt the connection. given, however, that we've got a very large direct contact surface area with the atty base itself, I don't know that it would make any improvement either. The mod itself could be as small as 24mm in that nose area, and the arc of the nose will not be the Platonic ideal of a circle (freehand shaping). So a 22mm 510 flange would def. be pushing the limits. In fact, I think it wise to inform/remind me, when your turn is up: "I use 22mm atties", because I may have to make a point of leaving the mod a little large to accommodate.

onjre

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Knoxville, TN, USA
Woah, I caught up! And wow, kind of a lot has happened! Magnets, OliveR makeovers, steampunk switches, and center mounted coils.

Would the new design allow for richlite or metal caps? Um... Probably not metal, on second thought, unless you get the special non-conducive metal.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Woah, I caught up! And wow, kind of a lot has happened! Magnets, OliveR makeovers, steampunk switches, and center mounted coils.

Would the new design allow for richlite or metal caps? Um... Probably not metal, on second thought, unless you get the special non-conducive metal.

Hey, Ondrej! I guess the one single cap could be Richlite. Oddly, tho, it would be the "custom $" option. As for metal inserts or plates, it would make more sense to go with the original design.

I'm moving into applying finish on the mods here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread